Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fingerboarding Confessions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Reed.
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Reed.

Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 9:40 pm

nobody really fingerboards we just talk about products. I feel like everyone sort of molded around the "hey i need all of these cool things" aspect

thanks instagram

Back to top Go down
Joe Connelly
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe Connelly

Setup : cozy with cool guy wheels and trucks

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 4:43 am

bushing companies are booming, wheels from joycult are coming soon, im still confused on why more people arent hyped about lowpro coming back because i tried one of the decks out and it was a great deck.. i really wanna get one. and even tho i mainly see this on instagram, i notice new companies weekly now it seems. so from what ive seen, the scene is going pretty strong and continuing to be fairly exciting. it gets slow once in a while, but thats great time for people to be thinking of new ideas. maybe this forum just isnt well advertised..? it took me a while to realize this site even existed scratch
Back to top Go down
General BP
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
General BP

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 5:19 am

I don't remember how I came across this forum, but I just did a little experiment. I did a quick google search for fingerboard, fingerboards, and fingerboarding, and none of those searches brought this forum up on the front page. It wasn't until I searched for fingerboard forum that I found this site. Maybe a little search engine optimization is in order if we want to bring in more members.
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 3:33 pm

that wouldn't be a bad idea; I've honestly found this forum the most informative and alive fingerboarding forum out there, and it also took me ages to find. Subsequently I bought a fair few shit products, because good fingerboarding information is kind of thin on the ground.

Instagram DEFINITELY does not contribute as much as some people seem to think :/
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 2:57 pm

I prefer instagram over forums and youtube. It's a lot easier to get in touch with people. I agree with the part of not knowing people, but I've skyped with tons of people that I met through instagram and know of a few that live within my city and state! The fact that a lot of people feel like instagram has done nothing for the community seems very untrue to me. Lets take into account that there are over 5k posts under the fingerboard hashtag, and a lot of companies like catfish got hyped up because of instagram.. I don't think it matters where people choose to connect and hang out. cheers
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 2:59 pm

g.fb wrote:
I prefer instagram over forums and youtube. It's a lot easier to get in touch with people. I agree with the part of not knowing people, but I've skyped with tons of people that I met through instagram and know of a few that live within my city and state! The fact that a lot of people feel like instagram has done nothing for the community seems very untrue to me.  Lets take into account that there are over 5k posts under the fingerboard hashtag, and a lot of companies like catfish got hyped up because of instagram.. I don't think it matters where people choose to connect and hang out.  cheers

"Hype" - you said it.....
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:09 pm

I didn't mean it in a negative way.. I meant it like they got recognition (which they deserve) because of instagram. It really isn't a bad place.. Why do people hate it so much?? awkward
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:21 pm

I hear ya man... and I didnt take it negatively... happy

Just saying.... some people buy into the hype, but the end result isnt the best...

Ive gotten some decks off of the companies that are all "hype" on IG. But they really not that great.. you know what I'm sayin... There is a lot more valuable research info on here.... so you can make an informed decision and not just go with the flow...

afro
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:24 pm

Totally agree with what you just said, but there's also companies out there that are extremely hyped like brr and they don't use instagram.. IG is a great way to connect with others. happy
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:26 pm

g.fb wrote:
Totally agree with what you just said, but there's also companies out there that are extremely hyped like brr and they don't use instagram.. IG is a great way to connect with others. happy

I wouldn't say BRR is "hype" they are proven, time and time again....

But yes...IG is a good way to connect with others,...
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:38 pm

I get what J is saying about the 'hype' companies.

The fingerboard market is one of the most toxic markets there is, you get kids paying absurd amounts of money for a deck for no other reason than it being 'cool'.

There's so much hype surrounding Cowply decks at the moment but they only 'topped' one persons list in the recent favourite decks thread.

The next blosom stock can't come soon enough.
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:
The next blosom stock can't come soon enough.

Is that happening soon? I have been visiting the website for what seems like forever.... and everything says "coming soon"  would really like to try one. The real wears are lookin too good!

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:44 pm

its a shame ross dont ever bother to come on here no more or update his blog these days, i kinda feel like blosom is pretty much a dead company
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:46 pm

oh.... so he's not making decks any more?
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:48 pm

i think hes still making decks he just sort of vanished of the online scene
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:49 pm

I will continue to watch his site... thanks for the info!
afro
Back to top Go down
GodBlessEmerica
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GodBlessEmerica

Companies : work in progress
Setup : cowply c2
brt wides
flatface G5-6 clears
some random tuning
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 4:59 pm

I've been fingerboarding for a couple years and I dont really like spending money, unless its a new deck; Even though I could afford a more professional setup..
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 6:44 pm

eddie Victory wrote:
its a shame ross dont ever bother to come on here no more or update his blog these days, i kinda feel like blosom is pretty much a dead company
I got a new deck from him recently. He has a stock that he just needs to finish when he gets the time. He's basically just busy with life at the moment, working nights doesn't give him much time to do anything deck related!

When the stock does finally drop though I'm sure you'll hear about it.
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 7:59 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:
eddie Victory wrote:
I got a new deck from him recently. He has a stock that he just needs to finish when he gets the time. He's basically just busy with life at the moment, working nights doesn't give him much time to do anything deck related!

When the stock does finally drop though I'm sure you'll hear about it.

Someone get Ross back on FBHQ! wink

He makes some of the best decks I've ever tried!
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 2:07 pm

I dislike keeping my fb in my pocket....
forgot it at home today... awkward
I like it to be sitting on my desk while I work...

afro
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 2:26 pm

I hate all the people who wrote so much hate about a specific company in the beginning of this thread when they actually are not doing anything productive themselves and sits home and writes rude stuff about people on the internet.

There are loads of rude people in the scene which kinda makes me not want to go on this forum sometimes, for example some of the people who wrote unnecessary hate towards a company

Other than that there are a lot of amazing people I have met on this site so thanks for that y'all and have a great day and stop the fucking hate and talk about positive shit instead
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 2:32 pm

AxelWahl wrote:
I hate all the people who wrote so much hate about a specific company in the beginning of this thread when they actually are not doing anything productive themselves and sits home and writes rude stuff about people on the internet.

There are loads of  rude people in the scene which kinda makes me not want to go on this forum sometimes, for example some of the people who wrote unnecessary hate towards a company

Other than that there are a lot of amazing people I have met on this site so thanks for that y'all and have a great day and stop the fucking hate and talk about positive shit instead

Most people find it easier to hate/be negative... ( it makes them feel tough)
It is a lot harder for some to praise or give praise to others...
It does get tiring trying to filter the negative, even for the most positive/happy people.
Axel, everything you do for fingerboarding is absolutely fantastic cherry
I hope you don't let the trolls get you down!

Have a great day man! afro
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 3:43 pm

its definatly good to give as much praise and encouragement as possible, but this is a forum for discussing fingerboards, i find sometimes people on here over react and take things too personally
Back to top Go down
Fungerboard
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Fungerboard

Setup : Weca w2
BRT 2.0
FlatFace dual duro

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 4:52 pm

AxelWahl wrote:

There are loads of  rude people in the scene which kinda makes me not want to go on this forum sometimes, for example some of the people who wrote unnecessary hate towards a company

Yeah I agree. And to all of the kids out there who think that if their order hasn't come by the expected date, you are probably not being scammed so don't start conspiracies that companies are scamming you!

Any way my confession is that I have never used any bearing wheels other than china wheels. Hoping to try some soon though!
Back to top Go down
https://instagram.com/fungerboard/
Estevan Rivera
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Estevan Rivera

Companies : NPR Crete
Setup : Homewood Mid Shape
BRT 32mm
Joycult Wheels
Level Up "Beta Bushings"
FBS Tape

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 5:37 pm

I've never seshed an fb park.

The squeaking sound from oaks sliding annoys the hell out of me

I sold my BRT's a week after I got them because I was worried about them breaking and being out $65.

Not to sound ungrateful but I get a bit jealous when I see people get new decks from their sponsor every other month.

I'm 25 but I still run out and check the mail like a little kid everyday until I receive what I ordered lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fingerboarding Confessions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next