Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalfisheye for phones Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fisheye for phones

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

fisheye for phones Empty
PostSubject: fisheye for phones   fisheye for phones EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:25 pm

i just came across this, looks pretty cool for those of us who use our phones to record, we can now have a fisheye!!! its magnetic, so will work with most phones i guess? check it out happy

http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/cell-phone-lenses/
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

fisheye for phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: fisheye for phones   fisheye for phones EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:21 pm

Shame they're out of stock til end of september .___.
I have 30 quid and I really want a fisheye for my satio, this is pretty much what I've always wanted to exist, I thought you could only get those shitty gummy lenses.

HOWEVER
Ebay is our friend, so it seems:
First link appears to be exactly the same thing, it states 170 rather than 180 deg viewing angle, but, either way I think they're just saying that the last 10 deg is normally the black rings you get with fisheyes.

OR THIS:
Second link 180 deg, exactly the same, BUT, it has a sticky attaching mechanism rather than a magnet. Still, I guess it wouldn't go on your lens so its probably just as good.

Thoughts? I'm well tempted to order the top one today : o
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

fisheye for phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: fisheye for phones   fisheye for phones EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:26 pm

im considering getting one too Kerry, they seem legit, but i was gonna go for the 40 dollars for them both package though......i guess i can wait till September?....im still to figure out my editing software, so i guess in the meantime i could upgrade my cam with one of these maybe.....hmmmm decisions....

i dunno about the ones from ebay though......i bet they are inferior ones imo....and its Hong Kong.....eeeeeh urrrrr.

im gonna wait for the ones on the link i posted....i got it in an email from a legit place, so ill trust it...
Back to top Go down
LouisRobinson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
LouisRobinson

fisheye for phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: fisheye for phones   fisheye for phones EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:01 pm

These are simply amazing tongue
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gnarlyfb
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

fisheye for phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: fisheye for phones   fisheye for phones EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:45 pm

blosom wrote:
im considering getting one too Kerry, they seem legit, but i was gonna go for the 40 dollars for them both package though......i guess i can wait till September?....im still to figure out my editing software, so i guess in the meantime i could upgrade my cam with one of these maybe.....hmmmm decisions....

i dunno about the ones from ebay though......i bet they are inferior ones imo....and its Hong Kong.....eeeeeh urrrrr.

im gonna wait for the ones on the link i posted....i got it in an email from a legit place, so ill trust it...

40 dollars is a good price for both, but, the wideangle isn't as wide as the fisheye so not amazing on its own unless you like panorama photos.. AND the macro? Well, I mean, they're cool, but, macro isn't gonna be useful for fingerboarding.

And 'hong kong, ehhh urrr', where do you think the ones on that site are made? Just because a legit company found out about something that already exists, and made it popular, doesn't mean its any different from whats already out there. They're just profiting from their own legitness, I'd imagine. Buying from top rated sellers on ebay, well, I'm sure its gonna be exactly the same thing, it looks EXACTLY the same and how many places do you think make these lenses?
I think I'ma order one of these later, I'll be our guinea pig I guess XD

I'd welcome other peoples opinions though ^__^
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

fisheye for phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: fisheye for phones   fisheye for phones EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:52 pm

i totally get what your saying Kerry, and i know most top of the range electronic stuff is made their, but, alot of cheap copies are made their too, and they all end up on ebay. ebay is full of products that look the same for a cheaper price, but just are not the same quality wise.....be the guinea pig by all means, ima wait till September and order the 2 from this trusted place for 40 bucks though happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

fisheye for phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: fisheye for phones   fisheye for phones EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:10 pm

yea, I guess thats right too, you've just gotta see what is good and what isn't. I think 15 quid is okay for something that may be good and may not. It looks good, and I've now heard from more than one person that they're actually good, some skate friends who I know know people who've got them and have seen amazing quality from them. So, yea, its a risk I'm willing to take, and will let you all know what they're like once I get it!

I'll order it later happy
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

fisheye for phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: fisheye for phones   fisheye for phones EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:24 pm

i checked out the ones on ebay, and 15 quid is ok really....but it is a hong kong seller......and if you look through the feedback, there is a lot of - but sooo many more +s....also with buying stuff from hongkong your gonna get the possibility of import duties/tax, but i think 15 quid is just below the threshold for it......Ive ordered 2 things from hongkong from ebay, 1 turned up, the other didn't.....so.....its your call i guess......but 15 quid seems a fair amount if they are half decent, but i just wish you wasn't the guinea pig as i know your not made of money Kerry very happy

looking forward to know if they are any good though...
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

fisheye for phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: fisheye for phones   fisheye for phones EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:32 pm

I've ordered loads of stuff for other people and for myself from hong kong and never had anything not turn up, and if it doesn't, well, paypal 100% protects your money, so, its not like I'd loose money happy

Also, they say they mark as a gift, so, no tax (Y)

So, yea, gonna get it, hopefully they'll be good! We shall see in a week or so happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fisheye for phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: fisheye for phones   fisheye for phones Empty

Back to top Go down

fisheye for phones

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1