Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 11 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jackson
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
jackson

Quick Questions - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 10:09 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:
FingerPunk wrote:
Do you have to do some special set up or procedure for Blackriver Trucks 2.0 straight out of the box? Or can i just slap some wheels on, and then put the trucks on my deck and i'm ready to go?

It's usually best to take a bit of water based lubricant (you can find it at any good chemist) and rub it on the inside of your nuts. It'll help them slide onto the rod nicely and help the soft squishy bits harden up and lock on happy

After that you can take the BRT's out of the box and set them right up. Wash your hands first though.

w0t
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:17 am

jackson wrote:
Danny Hynam wrote:
FingerPunk wrote:
Do you have to do some special set up or procedure for Blackriver Trucks 2.0 straight out of the box? Or can i just slap some wheels on, and then put the trucks on my deck and i'm ready to go?

It's usually best to take a bit of water based lubricant (you can find it at any good chemist) and rub it on the inside of your nuts. It'll help them slide onto the rod nicely and help the soft squishy bits harden up and lock on happy

After that you can take the BRT's out of the box and set them right up. Wash your hands first though.

w0t

By squishy bits I thought Danny was referring to the bushings. Guess I am that naive....

Btw quick question, anyone know how to shape trucks? Every time I shape mine they seem to not stop the hangers from eating the wheels away.
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:35 am

shape more of the hanger off What a Face
Back to top Go down
FingerPunk
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
FingerPunk

Companies : None
Setup : FlatFace G14 Complete

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:41 am

Hey another quick question. got my complete set up. Berlinwood 32 mm low with Flatface x wink collab wheels and brt 2.0 super silver. When i ride it the wheels are like bumpy and sounds as if there is something like in the wheel or something... Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:50 am

check to see if the wheels have caught something on them to make them feel that way , I usually wipe my wheels pretty often bc they do end up collecting little bits of stuff
Back to top Go down
Rens
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Rens

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 9:19 am

usually most of my new ff wheels have that as well, but it goes away after seshing the setup for a while.
Back to top Go down
rvlt
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
rvlt

Setup : KinKalla
Brt
Oak

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:11 pm

Ita a good idea making something like a guide with all the link to shop or page of fingerboard company?
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:13 pm

rvlt wrote:
Ita a good idea making something like a guide with all  the link to shop or page of fingerboard company?

There are lots of companies with direct links in the scrolling banner on this page... or there is a whole category called "companies"...
scratch

Maybe one page with all the names and links would be quicker... easier.. but it is all here already, with a little searching..
Back to top Go down
rvlt
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
rvlt

Brt
Oak

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:28 pm

Yes i understand but there are so many company out there,
Maybe i know a company that you don't know and the same for the other user
There are other company that are not in the banner or in company section i think
Correct me if i am wrong
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:31 pm

rvlt wrote:

Correct me if i am wrong

I am almost certain that you are correct.... there are too many companies to keep track! lol!!
Back to top Go down
rvlt
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
rvlt

Brt
Oak

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Lol happy
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:56 pm

yeah there is entirely way too many companies for all that lol
Back to top Go down
rvlt
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
rvlt

Brt
Oak

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 4:14 pm

Yes and its for that then i think to the guide,
I mean, if there is Just one page whit the "ordered" link and if it is up tu date you can find a lot more
Obviusly with the help of the user that are interessed.
To me that sound interesting happy
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

Companies : Random Shit Inc.
Setup : New main. 2023 we on new shit now

32mm remio catfish saltwater
32mm brtz with level ups
Sadood spitfire 99A wheels
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Stock 2 Beastpants smoking cat.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Aphlikshun (cruiser shape)
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 7:23 pm

like flatface is not in the banner anymore because its such a known company
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 7:36 pm

movin-like-burnie wrote:
like flatface is not in the banner anymore because its such a known company
Flatface isn't in the banner anymore because it's not active on the forum tongue
Back to top Go down
FingerPunk
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
FingerPunk

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 10:19 pm

Hey guys do Blackriver trucks rust?
Back to top Go down
adamscott
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
adamscott

Setup : ff g15/flint
BRT wides on all
TKY/TKY & WC
Oak RV2/Oak RV
FBS on all

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 10:23 pm

FingerPunk wrote:
not from my experience with my four sets.
i've dropped my old set in water a couple times and they haven't shown any sign if rust in the last year or so since
Back to top Go down
jackson
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
jackson

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 10:32 pm

FingerPunk wrote:

i think they are made of an aluminum alloy like skateboard trucks, and aluminum does not rust, so no i do not think they rust.
Back to top Go down
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

Companies : S.O.D Money Gang
Setup : Ambt brts witchcrafts flatface

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 12:46 am

How do you fix a board that's Cracked through 2 of 5 plies
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 1:11 am

justin cheeks wrote:
How do you fix a board that's Cracked through 2 of 5  plies

Wood putty, patience, and sandpaper?
Back to top Go down
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

Companies : S.O.D Money Gang
Setup : Ambt brts witchcrafts flatface

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 1:27 am

[quote="skatemaster231"]
justin cheeks wrote:
How do you fix a board that's Cracked through 2 of 5  plies

Wood putty, patience, and sandpaper? [/quote?

Well I guess I have a long weekend ahead of me
Back to top Go down
Estevan Rivera
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Estevan Rivera

Companies : NPR Crete
Setup : Homewood Mid Shape
BRT 32mm
Joycult Wheels
Level Up "Beta Bushings"
FBS Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:05 pm

this is probably a stupid question but if I were to use 32mm brt's on a 31mm deck would it be "weird" feeling or do you think it would perform just fine? I mean technically it would only be sticking out .5mm on each side
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:11 pm

you'll be fine, its not bad
Back to top Go down
Rens
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Rens

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:27 pm

i'd rather get some regular brr's for that.
Back to top Go down
FingerPunk
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
FingerPunk

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 11:09 pm

How long do WC Bushings take? Its been a week now and I emailed him about them yesterday and no reply yet? Anyone know whats wrong? BTW, im not angry, just kinda wondering why they are taking so long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next