Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 16 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rvlt
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
rvlt

Setup : KinKalla
Brt
Oak

Quick Questions - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 9:03 pm

There is a theoretical part before making a deck? i mean, there something you can know before making/buying the deck just knowing the measures of the deck? just want to know more for my knowledge
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 11:22 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:
_jdfb wrote:
AxelWahl wrote:
jacobdonut wrote:
When is "Go Fingerboarding Day"?
21st December I think, the people who came up with it wanted it to be 6 months away from Go skateboarding day
Yea. It's on December 21st. 6 months between each Go _____ day associated with skateboarding!

Still never understood the reasoning behind that! 4 days before christmas in the middle on winter...

A month after Go Skateboarding Day would have been way more fun.

Yea I think we should vote to move that awkward
Back to top Go down
_jdfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
_jdfb

Setup : Beast Pants
YTrucks X4 United
China CNC's
Witchcrafts

Five Luck FB
YTruck X4 United
FlatFace Dual Duros
Teak Bubble Bushings

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 12:55 am

DanielM wrote:
 I can agree with that!
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:03 am

Can anyone tell me what has happened to FFI?

Did all of its members get Ebola ?

~JDLP
Back to top Go down
SiCar
SiCar

Companies : Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:30 am

Yes
Back to top Go down
http://www.cartwheels.bigcartel.com
jackson
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
jackson

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:35 am

DanielM wrote:
Danny Hynam wrote:
_jdfb wrote:
AxelWahl wrote:
jacobdonut wrote:
When is "Go Fingerboarding Day"?
21st December I think, the people who came up with it wanted it to be 6 months away from Go skateboarding day
Yea. It's on December 21st. 6 months between each Go _____ day associated with skateboarding!

Still never understood the reasoning behind that! 4 days before christmas in the middle on winter...

A month after Go Skateboarding Day would have been way more fun.

idk I'm always fingerboarding in the winter as its usually snowing here and i can't skate. i just always love filming in the winter for some reason
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 11:04 pm

i bought some brt's and winklers on brr and they should be here in about a week. is there any way i can prevent the baseplates from stripping??
Back to top Go down
DadeKing
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
DadeKing

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 12:55 am

Somebody recommend me a free video editing app for iPhone! Trying to make a mini.
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

Companies : Random Shit Inc.
Setup : New main. 2023 we on new shit now

32mm remio catfish saltwater
32mm brtz with level ups
Sadood spitfire 99A wheels
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Stock 2 Beastpants smoking cat.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Aphlikshun (cruiser shape)
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:00 am

g.fb wrote:
i bought some brt's and winklers on brr and they should be here in about a week. is there any way i can prevent the baseplates from stripping??

Before you mount the trucks on your deck, put the screws into the baseplate to prethread the holes, like ytrucks you have to do the same, then take them out, mount to the deck and carefully screw them in bit by bit, when you feel them get tight, dont over do it, because thats how they strip
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:18 am

DadeKing wrote:
Somebody recommend me a free video editing app for iPhone! Trying to make a mini.

use imovie, it's fast and easy. or slowing down clips use the app slow fast. both are free.
Back to top Go down
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

Companies : S.O.D Money Gang
Setup : Ambt brts witchcrafts flatface

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 5:29 am

how would you describe the blackriver black bushing kit (based on experience)
Back to top Go down
Rens
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Rens

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 9:42 am

g.fb wrote:

do what movin-like-bernie-said, but start by using the thinnest screws possible for the first time you set them up.
and when the baseplates might eventually strip from use/setting up, use thicker screws.
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 4:00 pm

g.fb wrote:

yeah like burnie said, an also try not to change decks too often i ruined a set by constantly changin decks all the time, but i just got sum bigger screws an there fine now
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 10:11 pm

how long has it taken for brr to ship your stuff? i ordered wednesday from the usa store, and they still haven't sent me an email saying my stuff has shipped. i ordered from flatface last night and they i already have a tracking number.. awkward
Back to top Go down
Estevan Rivera
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Estevan Rivera

Companies : NPR Crete
Setup : Homewood Mid Shape
BRT 32mm
Joycult Wheels
Level Up "Beta Bushings"
FBS Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 7:31 am

^^^I've only ordered from there once so far but it took about a week for it to ship
Back to top Go down
Zach
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Zach

Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Flatface wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:20 am

I've had a TRV900 which uses miniDV tapes for a little while now and have only recently been able to import the video from my camera onto a laptop using Windows 'Import Video'.

When i import the video the sound is almost removed but if you turn the volume up to full (when playing video on laptop) you can still here the sounds (e.g. the clicking of a fingerboard). The sound is fine when playing the video from the camera, its just after import that it messes up.

If anyone could help that'd be great.

You can hear the sound the clips make when imported on the last clip of this video:

If anyone thinks they can help but isn't sure what i mean, i can upload some raw clips to youtube.
Back to top Go down
DadeKing
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
DadeKing

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 4:26 pm

How do you capture your TRV footage? I used to have one so I know a thing or two.
Back to top Go down
TehBlazer
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
TehBlazer

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 8:21 pm

I got my first set of Witchcraft bushings recently but the holes are a bit off center in bottom (bigger) bushings what makes my trucks crooked a little and entire deck rocks around with one wheel in the air all the time. It is driving me nuts. Any way how to fix that? Am i supposed to use washers or something?
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 8:51 pm

I had a similar situtation. By mistake I was given a set for BRTs not ytrucks. I was tryna fix that but accidently my Witchcrafts broke. I'll probably never shred WCs on my ytrucks. very happy
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
BUMPYknuckles
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BUMPYknuckles

Setup : .

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 10:57 pm

Zach wrote:
I've had a TRV900 which uses miniDV tapes for a little while now and have only recently been able to import the video from my camera onto a laptop using Windows 'Import Video'.

When i import the video the sound is almost removed but if you turn the volume up to full (when playing video on laptop) you can still here the sounds (e.g. the clicking of a fingerboard). The sound is fine when playing the video from the camera, its just after import that it messes up.

If anyone could help that'd be great.

You can hear the sound the clips make when imported on the last clip of this video:

If anyone thinks they can help but isn't sure what i mean, i can upload some raw clips to youtube.

you don't edit on movie maker do yo?
Back to top Go down
DadeKing
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
DadeKing

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 12:26 am

No I used imovie to capture to my mac with a cap cam and them imported to FCP.
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:25 am

TehBlazer wrote:
I got my first set of Witchcraft bushings recently but the holes are a bit off center in bottom (bigger) bushings what makes my trucks crooked a little and entire deck rocks around with one wheel in the air all the time. It is driving me nuts. Any way how to fix that? Am i supposed to use washers or something?
usually it helps to turn the bushing with the off centered hole to another angle.

jacobdonut wrote:
I had a similar situtation. By mistake I was given a set for BRTs not ytrucks. I was tryna fix that but accidently my Witchcrafts broke. I'll probably never shred WCs on my ytrucks. very happy
try to screw them on like a nut, BRT ed. on YTrucks work fine for me wink
Back to top Go down
TehBlazer
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
TehBlazer

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:40 am

kThumb wrote:
TehBlazer wrote:
usually it helps to turn the bushing with the off centered hole to another angle.
Yeah, tried a few different angles before asking here. Thanks tho! Rotating the bottom ones upside down actually helped a little, but they are less springy now. I guess i am going back to TKY's very happy
Back to top Go down
rvlt
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
rvlt

Setup : KinKalla
Brt
Oak

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:10 pm

What is a deck/truck/wheels that everyone should try in their fingerboard life?
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:25 pm

rvlt wrote:
What is a deck/truck/wheels that everyone should try in their fingerboard life?
trucks: blackriver trucks (2nd choice: ytrucks)
wheels: winkler wheels (2nd choice: flatface wheels)
decks: WECA
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next