Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalThe unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The unrealism of fingerboard deck size

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JRskatr
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JRskatr

Companies : Homewood Fingerboards
Setup : Homewood New Mold
New Foamy Greatness
YTrucks & NC wheels

The unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The unrealism of fingerboard deck size   The unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 3:59 am

Yep! Back to the thread happy Have you thought about the scale of ramps? I made a kicker ramp to scale based on length of the deck and it was HUGE lol. But, it felt SO smooth riding on it! It was such a smooth transition from riding on flat to the transition, I wish all ramps could be that size but no one would have room to store any of them haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.homewoodfb.com
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard

PostSubject: Re: The unrealism of fingerboard deck size   The unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 am

Hmmm
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
BUMPYknuckles
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BUMPYknuckles

Setup : .

PostSubject: Re: The unrealism of fingerboard deck size   The unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 10:55 am

Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: The unrealism of fingerboard deck size   The unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 7:49 pm

There was a company that made scaled fingerboard ramps. I know Sid aka vicous269 did a review on them back in 2010 to 2011 ish????
Back to top Go down
Prime.Fb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Prime.Fb

PostSubject: Re: The unrealism of fingerboard deck size   The unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 9:23 pm

lol this thread is bullshit
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: The unrealism of fingerboard deck size   The unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Trentmaster231 wrote:
There was a company that made scaled fingerboard ramps. I know Sid aka vicous269 did a review on them back in 2010 to 2011 ish????

afro
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: The unrealism of fingerboard deck size   The unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 9:26 pm

Yeah that's the company Jacob.

Last edited by Trentmaster231 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : STOP EDITING MY POSTS DANNY! YOU'RE AN ADMIN FOR GOD SAKE!)
Back to top Go down
JoshToy
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
JoshToy

Setup : Cali Fingers Deck, foam tape, Blackriver Trucks, Joycult Wheels, Cali Cushions Bushings

PostSubject: Re: The unrealism of fingerboard deck size   The unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:08 pm

I'm good with my 31-32mm x 98-99mm decks. I can't stand any of the decks I've tried over 99mm, besides my old Reks Deck which was 100mm. It's all about comfort, just like decks on a skateboard, it's all preference. It doesn't have to be 100% to scale if it's comfortable, haha.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/joshtoy
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard

PostSubject: Re: The unrealism of fingerboard deck size   The unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 10:04 pm

Those ramps are just glued together plywood, not very hard to make..
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
fingerfuzz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Redemption fb, Roswell shaped trucks and cnc wheels. Redemption custom fiber7, Roswell shaped trucks, china clear wheels.

PostSubject: Re: The unrealism of fingerboard deck size   The unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 3:06 pm

have u done the math for ply layups? that's where fingerboards are really disproportional. interesting thread.

maybe someone out there will try making a true 1/8 scale now?
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: The unrealism of fingerboard deck size   The unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 6:35 am

JRskatr wrote:
Yep! Back to the thread happy Have you thought about the scale of ramps? I made a kicker ramp to scale based on length of the deck and it was HUGE lol. But, it felt SO smooth riding on it! It was such a smooth transition from riding on flat to the transition, I wish all ramps could be that size but no one would have room to store any of them haha.

That sounds super awesome, I wanna try some to scale ramps!

Prime.Fb wrote:
lol this thread is bullshit

Good input...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The unrealism of fingerboard deck size   The unrealism of fingerboard deck size - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The unrealism of fingerboard deck size

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2