Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Salty Fingers
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Salty Fingers

Setup : Evangelion Rei deck (bawsewood)
Rip Tape
BRT's
FlatFace G4 wheels

Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) Empty
PostSubject: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 12:36 am

Hey,
i was just wondering if there were any people out there who identify in the lgbtq community and fingerboard or skate. i know micheal (a.k.a izilly ) is gay, and brian anderson (pro skater) an thats ok
im straight, but i do support everyone. so dont comment hate, but i wanted to know if anyone on this forum was lgbtq, im just curious to see, not that it matters
Back to top Go down
Mallory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Mallory

Companies : Unique Decks

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 1:02 am

I love you
Back to top Go down
http://uniquedecks.co
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 1:47 am

what does lgbtq stand for?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Companies : Witness. Fingerboards
Setup : Witness. 32mm
BRT Wides w/Beta Bushings
Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 1:59 am

meekin wrote:
what does lgbtq stand for?

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, queer.

Salty Fingers, I know this is a completely innocent thread, but I don't really see the point. I fear there will be some ignorant posters coming in here. I hope I'm wrong though
Back to top Go down
http://witnessfingerboards.bigcartel.com
SiCar
SiCar

Companies : Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 2:24 am

what does the Q actually stand for? Queer is just an un pc word for gay right? why would that be in there?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cartwheels.bigcartel.com
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 2:34 am

I support everyone's choice to live as they please. I do not support taking pride in one's sexuality (or nationality, for that matter). Human separation pride isn't my thing... The last thing humanity needs is more borders between us.
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 2:38 am

Q is for questioning I believe. As in you're not sure what your sexuality is yet.

And as for this being a pointless thread, I disagree. I know there are some immature people on this forum but I feel like everyone has at least a little bit of respect in them to not make fun of someone for their sexuality, especially over the internet. After all, the goal of this thread is just to get to know people better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 2:38 am

Robert wrote:
I support everyone's choice to live as they please. I do not support taking pride in one's sexuality (or nationality, for that matter). Human separation pride isn't my thing... The last thing humanity needs is more borders between us.
this is golden
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 2:57 am

meekin wrote:
Robert wrote:
this is golden

Taking pride in being an amazing creation of life is golden. Taking pride in what you do with your genitals is not. alien

In layman's terms, take pride in the fact that you're human, not what type of human you are.
Back to top Go down
Mallory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Mallory

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 3:00 am

SiCar wrote:
what does the Q actually stand for? Queer is just an un pc word for gay right? why would that be in there?
queer is basically gender nonconformity. it is a very broad term.

Robert wrote:
this seems like it would be great, but it completely ignores the struggles that each group goes through. it is important to celebrate our differences, not ignore them all together.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 3:04 am

SiCar wrote:

It depends on how it's used. I know some who identify themselves as queer
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 3:13 am

Robert wrote:
meekin wrote:
Robert wrote:
this is golden

Taking pride in being an amazing creation of life is golden. Taking pride in what you do with your genitals is not. alien

In layman's terms, take pride in the fact that you're human, not what type of human you are.

As a straight white male it's probably a lot easier to say that...
Back to top Go down
Mallory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Mallory

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 3:15 am

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
Robert wrote:
meekin wrote:
Robert wrote:
this is golden

As a straight white male it's probably a lot easier to say that...

exactly. it is easy to marginalize the oppressed when you yourself aren't.
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 3:19 am

*insert kermit meme*
Back to top Go down
Mallory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Mallory

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 3:22 am

meekin wrote:
*insert kermit meme*
Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) D1b
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

Companies : SIK Finger CO.
Setup : FF G14, Ytrucks X4, Ywheels, slim tape.

FF G12, Ytrucks X3, Oak RV, slim tape.

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 11:45 am

if yur gay be gay that's ok. just don't flaunt it. that's how I see it. its your business so keep it that way.
not trying to hate.
Back to top Go down
SiCar
SiCar

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 12:41 pm

what do you mean by 'flaunt it'?
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 2:11 pm

like gay parades every other day and stuff like that. forcing everyone to see it in public by making out and stuff. same goes for not gay. get a room there are kids here. stuff like that.
nothing against gays. just public decency.
Back to top Go down
funkbuda
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
funkbuda

Setup : KINGSFOIL
TDLB's/WC's
OAK's
TAPE

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Mad love and respect to the LGBTQ community!!!
Keep fighting that struggle!!!
Back to top Go down
Mallory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Mallory

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 3:59 pm

Couch982 wrote:
like gay parades every other day and stuff like that. forcing everyone to see it in public by making out  and stuff. same goes for not gay. get a room there are kids here. stuff like that.
this statement screams "homophobic".
so basically its ok to be gay as long as you cant see it? seems an awful lot like the closet to me.
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:02 pm

Mallory wrote:
Couch982 wrote:
like gay parades every other day and stuff like that. forcing everyone to see it in public by making out  and stuff. same goes for not gay. get a room there are kids here. stuff like that.
so basically its ok to be gay as long as you cant see it? seems an awful lot like the closet to me.
agreed with Mallory
Makes me want to make a fingerboard graphic with a gay couple making out
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
SiCar
SiCar

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:17 pm

Couch982 wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen a gay couple kiss in public. What do you think a child would think if they saw a gay couple kiss?
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 5:08 pm

boy i knew this thread was gonna bring in some heat
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 5:23 pm

AxelWahl wrote:
Mallory wrote:
Couch982 wrote:
agreed with Mallory
Makes me want to make a fingerboard graphic with a gay couple making out

I never said anything about gays only its called public decency. if you are or not gay. get a room. don't want to bring heat.
I think you should make that board. see nothng wrong with it. it is your product and it is a choice to look at.

SiCar wrote:
Couch982 wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen a gay couple kiss in public. What do you think a child would think if they saw a gay couple kiss?

I know being gay is a choice and I don't really want to be out and about to be forced to explain to my kids. it goes for a sexual preferences.

just stating my opinion just like everyone else. turns out it don't line up with everyone else. i didn't insulted anyone. everyone has to keep calm a fingerboard on.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 5:44 pm

Couch982 wrote:
I know being gay is a choice and I don't really want to be out and about to be forced to explain to my kids.
Firstly, sexual preference isn't a choice.

Second of all- I don't see what's bad about explaining it to kids. I mean, it's exactly the same as a man and a woman being together.

I think the main reason why there's still discrimination against LGBT people is because kids aren't taught that it's perfectly natural whilst they're young and because some parents still aren't accepting of it. If a kid sees that their parents dislike gay people, they're going to follow in their footsteps. Of course that means that if a kid sees their parents supporting gay people, they're going to do the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)   Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ) Empty

Back to top Go down

Gay fingerboarders (or LGBTQ)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next