Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBIG Flatface News! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BIG Flatface News!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Companies : Ex-Tape
Setup : Home Made Deck
Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

BIG Flatface News! Empty
PostSubject: BIG Flatface News!   BIG Flatface News! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:18 am

Written By Mike Schneider:

When the FlatFace DVD came out, it was a dream come true for FlatFace. Since around 2004 I was trying to make a team video, but things always came up and the team was constantly changing. Eventually I’ve been able to solidify the team enough to focus on filming parts, and eventually the whopping 3 hour dvd came out. It was a big success and everyone loved it. But after a while there were some noticeable problems which made me stop its production. Firstly, the music rights. Secondly, it was 3 hours of fingerboarding at nothing but desks. Some parts were widescreen and some not. Many inconsistancies were expected in the first FlatFace video. Now that I’ve had experience with this, I am proud to announce the beginning of the FlatFace DVD 2. It’s gonna have a similar feel where you can expect all the best fingerboarding, but also many changes. Parts will be limited in length, and we have obtained rights for music from multiple well-known artists. Also expect more than just parts from the team. Sections such as advertisements, Austria FF tour footage, and much more.  The DVD is expected to be out by the end of 2010. The long production time will ensure nothing is rushed, everything is organized, and the final product will be amazing.
BIG Flatface News! 3929688265_78f5fcc18a

Back when I started fingerboarding, any two fingerboarders meeting up was almost unheard of. And of course there were never any events. People just though “I wish we were in Germany so we could have events here” but nobody did anything. So eventually I decided to try and hold an event. It got cancelled 2 days before it happened, but then the next day, Rosenbauer and 3 of his friedns announced that they could come, and so I gathered all the fbers in Andover (musta been like 6 or 7 back then) and we had around 10 or more people here. Although that seems tiny today, back then it was a huge step in what would become the biggest American fb event, and the first. After seeing footage of rendezvous 1, everyone was pumped on fingerboarding. The next rendezvous ahd 20 or 30 people at least, and people started traveling from farther away. Ever since, the rendezvous has grown to be a huge international event, with people attending from other countries, and the last rendezvous had somewhere around 20 people from Europe (brr team) come. Anyways, I just wanted to give a bit of background about Rendezvous to anyone here who wasn’t around from its beginnings. Now its time for Rendezvous 7, on November 28th. I know it’s a bit short notice, but I almost wasn’t able to have one till next spring. So, if you are unable to come for the November one, there will be a huge one in April as well. Anyways we have a new, bigger and nicer location this time. Registrations will open tonight for Rendezvous 7, and more info will come soon.

The first Dual bearing wheels which are 100% symmetrically designed, EXACTLY like a skateboard wheel, are now here. They've ben specifically designed to use with Blackriver trucks, but they will also work with most reshaped techdeck trucks, and I'm pretty sure ytrucks also, but I havent tried them on those. Anyways, the wheels have 4 extra lathe operations which make the design even more advanced than it looks, with a special bearing system and new aesthetics, as well as better performance. They're extremely smooth and durable, as all flatface dual bearing wheels are. If you're ready for the enxt step in wheels then you won't want to miss out on these. Although blackriver trucks axles are designed for single ebaring wheels, these wheels will still work if you add a drop of glue to the nut. To do so, simply take a unfolded paper clip, techdeck screwdriver, or any similar small object, put a dab of superglue on the end, and then use that to apply it to the nut after youve screwed it on as much as possible while allowing the wheel to spin. Many people have already been doing this with G7s and seeing the difference! In the future, BRR will be offering longer replacement axles designed for flatface dual bearing wheels including these, but it may be a few months. Also if you wanna use these wheels you can have anyone shape some techdeck trucks for you or do it yourself, just enough so that the back of the wheel can fit over the hangar a bit, exactly liek a real skate wheel.
BIG Flatface News! 3966627619_02ebf67892
BIG Flatface News! 3966627653_f8424f745d

G7.1 Wheels are now available in O material, our strongest, most durable, and most popular performing material. It is not dyed and naturally comes in this color, and is one of our most expensive materials, as well as the original material of G7 wheels. G7O will be back in stock shortly, as well as G7.1As and the new centrlized dual bearing wheels.
BIG Flatface News! 3977467494_6ed0697145
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerboardHQ.net/
zolon
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
zolon

Companies : mountain biking

BIG Flatface News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Flatface News!   BIG Flatface News! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 8:19 pm

I WANT THE O'S
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

BIG Flatface News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Flatface News!   BIG Flatface News! EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 2:58 pm

lol they do look sick!
Back to top Go down
Coxy Pee
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Coxy Pee

BIG Flatface News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Flatface News!   BIG Flatface News! EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:22 pm

I like the wheels
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Setup : Berlinwood
BRT's
Winker's

BIG Flatface News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Flatface News!   BIG Flatface News! EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 7:57 pm

sounds good
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

BIG Flatface News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Flatface News!   BIG Flatface News! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:26 am

it is good lol... i just wish that brr and ytrucks didnt have to make short axles... i mean whats the point lol
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

BIG Flatface News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Flatface News!   BIG Flatface News! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:08 pm

^to make them more like skateboard trucks, they don't have long axles.. Its easy to put dual bearings on brrs, and all wheels work on ytrucks I thought? Or, thats what everyone who was all 'down with brr trucks ytrucks for president' was saying iirc.. happy
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

BIG Flatface News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Flatface News!   BIG Flatface News! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:34 pm

ytrucks suck to in that category lol short axles
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bojangles
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Mr. Bojangles

Companies : Fingerboarding
Setup : BWNM with Winkler Wheels, FBS, and TD Wide trucks.

BIG Flatface News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Flatface News!   BIG Flatface News! EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:07 am

O's are my favorite wheels.
Back to top Go down
lawl2thawrld
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : Fingerboarding, scooter riding, filming

BIG Flatface News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Flatface News!   BIG Flatface News! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 9:17 pm

i need these now... affraid
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

BIG Flatface News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Flatface News!   BIG Flatface News! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 9:23 pm

please try not to bring back a really old topic to just state something like that.. happy
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

BIG Flatface News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Flatface News!   BIG Flatface News! EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:49 pm

thanks dude ^ i was just gonna say that XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BIG Flatface News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Flatface News!   BIG Flatface News! Empty

Back to top Go down

BIG Flatface News!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1