Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalthinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe Connelly
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe Connelly

Setup : cozy with cool guy wheels and trucks

thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? Empty
PostSubject: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 4:43 am

i didnt want to ask this in quick questions because i wanted to try and get a lot of opinions.. if this isnt cool with the mods, then lock it  afro

in everyone's opinion, whats the thinnest, smoothest, and grippiest kind of type youve tried? im talking like fbs, but with more grip, and a bit thinner (if it even exists)
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 4:50 am

Whatever tape Flaked used to ship with.

Unless it's FBS...
Back to top Go down
razpotnik
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
razpotnik

Setup : fuzion
china trucks
china wheels

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 6:42 am

prowood ultra tape
Back to top Go down
Matthew Taylor
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Matthew Taylor

Setup : Berlinwood, BRTs, WC, Winks, FBS.

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:46 am

Personally I am not a fan of FBS, it feel to smooth and not grippy enough and takes ages to wear in and once its worn its too sticky. I am not sure why people like it so much especially as it being the most expensive tape on the markey and only 34mm wide so it doesnt even fit some decks. TNP tape is some of the grippiest but its fairly thick, you can go too thin or when it wear in it will just disintegrate. I have Northwoods Clean sheets and its got the perfect balance of smooth but grippy, I would give that ago but it is slightly thicker than FBS. It tends to be thinner stuff is smoother and thicker is grippier from my experience.
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

Setup : Setup #1
[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 10:20 am

Not really big on FBS either...I prefer my grip to have a 'furry' feel to it. I REALLY like Yellowood Slimtape...that stuff is pretty damn thin and hella grippy fresh from the packet afro

- Jono
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 11:51 am

i prefer fbs... but i haven't tried any of this new tape that is popular now
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Not the thinnest but creamy goo is pretty amazing considering how easy it is to get a hold of a roll of it. My favorite thin tape would be china tape as it's unbelievably thin and it's still decent to use.
Back to top Go down
BryanH
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BryanH

Setup : Neztek Vulcan Custom
Brt's w/ Witchcrafts
G4's
Clean sheets

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 3:47 pm

Apparently redwolf tape is supposed to be pretty good if you're into super thin and smooth style tape. It's thickness is 0.75mm which in comparison to FBS which is 1mm.
Back to top Go down
Estevan Rivera
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Estevan Rivera

Companies : NPR Crete
Setup : Homewood Mid Shape
BRT 32mm
Joycult Wheels
Level Up "Beta Bushings"
FBS Tape

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 4:06 pm

^^^Red Wolf tape is nice because its ridiculously thin but it has little to no grip, it barely even works as a non-slider lol.

I would agree with @matthewtaylor and say Northwoodsfb Cleen Sheets
Back to top Go down
Joe Connelly
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe Connelly

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 6:46 pm

damn, thanks for all the responses guys! i should have mentioned before that i have creamy goo, tnp (ace3), rip slim and catchy, one of the thin prowood tapes (which isnt that grippy, cant remember what kind), grey carpet, fat fingerboards tape (which i think might be china) and some other lesser know kinds.. so basically ive tried a looot. i have an older style piece of rip slim and catchy and it's by far the best tape ive ever tired, but the rip slim and catchy now kinda really sucks awkward if only i stocked up back then
Back to top Go down
Off3r
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Off3r

Companies : Coffee decks
Setup : COFFEEDECK-YT-YW

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:56 pm

Uuh, i like planktoons tape, grippy and thin.
They don't even need to be ridden in, they are great from the start to the end
Back to top Go down
Wes W.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Wes W.

Setup : Redwolf regular shape 32.5
china wides
flatface user shangs
Cartwheels prototypes
unknown foam tape

Cowply c1 one of a kind split
brts
winks big daddy'z
Sean's bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 12:50 am

Double sided scotch tape is the thinnest and it's so grippy it will literally stick to your fingers. jocolor
Back to top Go down
dev0n
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
dev0n

Companies : Decade Fingerboards
Setup : Decade
BRTs
Dual Duros
Chubz

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 1:54 am

China tape for sure is the grippiest for its thin-ness. it wears away quick though and soon gets too grippy, so frequent grip changes are needed. Love it, though.
Back to top Go down
http://decadefingerboards.bigcartel.com/
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 4:53 am

i personally use creamy goo all the time. its cheap.. $20 for a lifetime supply.. its thick so it lasts forever, and once it breaks in its amazing. if you eant it to be thinnger just put it in a vice and tighten it and leave it over night.
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:39 am

Thinner than FBS?? scratch don't think that will happen...
I didnt see "Cleen Sheets" on your list... you should check it out.
Back to top Go down
Joe Connelly
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe Connelly

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 2:28 am

g.fb wrote:
i personally use creamy goo all the time. its cheap.. $20 for a lifetime supply.. its thick so it lasts forever, and once it breaks in its amazing. if you eant it to be thinnger just put it in a vice and tighten it and leave it over night.

thanks for reminding me about this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?   thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..? Empty

Back to top Go down

thinnest, smoothest, yet grippiest tape..?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1