Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNo Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? Empty
PostSubject: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 7:51 pm

I've been looking to get a new board and the only ones for under $50 are Chinese (P-Rep/Broken Knuckle, etc..). Where is the middle ground? I have a HomeWood blank deck that is very nice, but there is no way I am going to spend over $50 for a fingerboard. BerlinWood boards are $140!? That's crazy. I understand supporting the community and that you get what you pay for but $35 for a set of fingerboard wheels? $50 for trucks? My full sized deck costs the same as that!

So my question: Any good complete decks for under or at $50?
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 7:58 pm

I would get a legit deck, check out the companies in the banner (the logos scrolling to the left on the top of this site) and then some china trucks and china bearing wheels! Peoples republic and Broken Knuckle trucks and wheels are china and you can get those kinds of wheels and trucks with the exact same quality for cheaper at like amazon or ebay I think.

DEFINITELY get a legit deck though and some cheaper trucks and wheels
SOFT TUNING for the trucks as well, not the hard plastic stuff that you get on techdecks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 8:07 pm

I have the trucks with soft tuning and CNC bearing wheels. I want a step up but everything is too expensive!
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 8:08 pm

If you feel like the trucks and wheels are alright to use, just get a new deck. That will probably be the biggest difference in performance rather than getting new trucks or wheels.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 8:19 pm

There are TONS of good information on alternatives to get a nice setup for dirt cheap on these forums.. Suspect
Back to top Go down
SiCar
SiCar

Companies : Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 9:13 pm

kinkilla do great decks for way way under $50... And they're one of many!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cartwheels.bigcartel.com
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 9:46 pm

This person is thinking more like a complete for under 50 bucks, and that 140 bucks seems to expensive for a complete pro setup tho..
Back to top Go down
DadeKing
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
DadeKing

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Fingerboarding is a hobby, like many other things, and the market is so small that the "big" companies can charge whatever they want for the product because you can't get it anywhere else. I always compare it to buying an xbox game for $60 +. I will have a lot more fun on a fingerboard than on an xbox game, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
GodBlessEmerica
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GodBlessEmerica

Companies : work in progress
Setup : cowply c2
brt wides
flatface G5-6 clears
some random tuning
fbs

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 9:55 pm

I was like you when I started to fingerboard, but now I have a professional setup and I wish I wouldve done it a lot sooner. I have spent a lot on cheaper alternatives, when I couldve just got a professional setup right away and saved a lott of money. If youre serious about fingerboarding, I would consider a professional setup before trying all the cheaper alternatives, just a little hint.

But listen to everyone above me^ there are some great, cheap decks that are well under $50. Happy hunting happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:01 pm

Most of the decks are under $50. But I'm talking completes! I've been finger boarding for a few years but I could never justify the price. I guess I need to look into some new trucks and wheels. As I said above I have a HomeWood deck that was $40. Are there any trucks and wheels comparable to BerlinWood and YTrucks that don't cost $80+?
Back to top Go down
GodBlessEmerica
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GodBlessEmerica

Companies : work in progress
Setup : cowply c2
brt wides
flatface G5-6 clears
some random tuning
fbs

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:08 pm

@kNewc blackriver trucks and y-trucks currently have a monoply for professional fb trucks. I thik they are the only of their kind to match such quality. There are reshaped trucks, whihc are just reshaped china trucks, but they can be kind of expensive. CNC china wheels are pretty decent for the cheap price, and I used those 3 years, until very recently
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 11:16 pm

Id suggest sticking around on the forums (being active) and using the time to search around for what you think might take your fancy. Then apply for access to the buy/sell/trade section of the forums..

When you fill the reqirements to get access to the buy/sell/trade section and get access, make a thread, asking if anyone has the products you crave second hand and what kind of price you are willing to pay up..

Just sayin
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 2:42 am

^^^^
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 3:07 am

kNewc wrote:
Most of the decks are under $50. But I'm talking completes! I've been finger boarding for a few years but I could never justify the price. I guess I need to look into some new trucks and wheels. As I said above I have a HomeWood deck that was $40. Are there any trucks and wheels comparable to BerlinWood and YTrucks that don't cost $80+?

Check out Planktoon or look into tracking down some Tech Deck Longboard trucks. Make sure not to get the inverted trucks, though.
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 2:42 pm

if youve been fingerboarding for years, you probably wont stop fingerboarding anytime soon, so just save up some money an buy what ever you want
Back to top Go down
Matthew Taylor
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Matthew Taylor

Setup : Berlinwood, BRTs, WC, Winks, FBS.

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 pm

eddie Victory wrote:
if youve been fingerboarding for years, you probably wont stop fingerboarding anytime soon, so just save up some money an buy what ever you want

^^^^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 7:44 pm

"Money comes and goes, where as fingerboarding is forever."

- Renee L. Hewit, 1953.
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

Companies : Random Shit Inc.
Setup : New main. 2023 we on new shit now

32mm remio catfish saltwater
32mm brtz with level ups
Sadood spitfire 99A wheels
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Stock 2 Beastpants smoking cat.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Aphlikshun (cruiser shape)
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:58 pm

dont be cheap
Back to top Go down
Mrmazefb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

Companies : Maze fingerboards
Setup : Maze Metal bottom
Ytrucks X4s
Winklers
Clean sheets

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:39 am

Levelup deck 20$ TDLB trucks 15$ if you Ebay them Loopa wheels 20$ TOTAL 55$ for a damn good setup if ya ask me. you need to internet better =D lol.
Back to top Go down
http://Mazefingerboards.bigcartel.com
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 5:38 am

Mrmazefb wrote:
Levelup deck 20$ TDLB trucks 15$ if you Ebay them Loopa wheels 20$ TOTAL 55$ for a damn good setup if ya ask me. you need to internet better =D lol.

rt.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Companies : Witness. Fingerboards
Setup : Witness. 32mm
BRT Wides w/Beta Bushings
Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:02 pm

No don't get that. Those trucks have an inverted kingpin
Back to top Go down
http://witnessfingerboards.bigcartel.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:05 pm

I found an older one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311443408091?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I pasted the wrong one >_<

thanks for the quick reply
Back to top Go down
_jdfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
_jdfb

Setup : Beast Pants
YTrucks X4 United
China CNC's
Witchcrafts

Five Luck FB
YTruck X4 United
FlatFace Dual Duros
Teak Bubble Bushings

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 1:05 am

kNewc wrote:
Planktoon Top Truck !! $30 and they're almost as good as Brt's or Y's at half the price!
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 10:30 am

kNewc wrote:
I found an older one like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311443408091?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

these are what you are after if you want TDLB's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?   No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard? Empty

Back to top Go down

No Middle Ground - $40 fingerboard?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next