Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalUsing BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

Setup : Setup #1
[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates? Empty
PostSubject: Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates?   Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:12 am

I have seen a number of fingerboarders over the past couple of months using BRT hangers on Y baseplates and was wondering how this combination preforms? For instance, are they more responsive than (standard) BRT's; are they lighter; do they have a higher clearance for the wheels etc?

Also, when configuring in this combination is it be best to use Y style bushings?

- Jono

Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates?   Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:55 am

ive seen loads of people try this over the years an gave it a try myself a long time ago

but they just didnt feel right, i guess BRTs are designed to fit together an so a Y trucks, i was worried i mite wear parts down or break the trucks

people probably do it to make ther decks stand out or be more original, but i dont think swapping hangers an baseplates around can make it perform any better

thats just my opinion though, im interested what other people have to say on this subject!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates?   Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:03 pm

Probably just swag or something, who knows.
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates?   Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:51 am

they do it for the instagram swagger!
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

Setup : Setup #1
[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates?   Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 10:22 am

Thanks heaps for the info everyone; really do appreciate it happy You all saved me the time and effort of pulling apart my setup for the afternoon just to be dissatisfied with it and changing it back to the way it was in the first place, lol.

- Jono
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels

PostSubject: Re: Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates?   Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 7:36 pm

I always thought they did so because they had thrashed their BRT baseplates. It makes no sense otherwise. The only other difference I can see it making is the pivot cups. With YTrucks you can use the long, tubed pivot cups you cut yourself. I never thought those felt right with BRTs. Also, Y baseplates use that screw so people who lost their locknuts can still use super loose trucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates?   Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates? Empty

Back to top Go down

Using BRT Hangers with Y Baseplates?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1