Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWinkler BRR Edition not spinning Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winkler BRR Edition not spinning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fokkusu
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
fokkusu

Setup : BW Wide, BRT's, Oak RV2's, Rip
Piratenholz OR Ambt, BRT's, Oak Bowls, FBS

Winkler BRR Edition not spinning Empty
PostSubject: Winkler BRR Edition not spinning   Winkler BRR Edition not spinning EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 9:29 pm

Right so, been lurking here awhile and of course my first post is going to be a help me post.  cheers

In short, just got a BW Mothership "pro" complete from BRR. All fine and lovely except one wheel is reluctant to spin. It will if pressure is put on it but otherwise it just slides along reluctantly.

I've tried pulling it away from the axle and have read it's pretty hard but I don't really want to go ham on it and completely cock it up.

wat do? I could just email BRR actually, maybe.
Back to top Go down
riptape.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
riptape.

PostSubject: Re: Winkler BRR Edition not spinning   Winkler BRR Edition not spinning EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:45 am

Make sure the bearings aren't dirty, if you just got the wheels they wouldn't be.

do the wheels have flat spots? that could be a prime factor in the wheels not spinning.

make sure to not tighten the axles too much.
Back to top Go down
fokkusu
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
fokkusu

PostSubject: Re: Winkler BRR Edition not spinning   Winkler BRR Edition not spinning EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Fresh out the box yesterday!
No flatspots, I can take the nut off and it still doesn't want to go. Tried it on another bit same result. Tried another wheel on the same axle and that works. So it is definitely the wheel. Though it looks no different from any of the others.
Back to top Go down
Naviture
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Naviture

Companies : NALA+ Ramps
Setup : BW X-wide LOW + BRT 32s + Winkler Wheels Classics

PostSubject: Re: Winkler BRR Edition not spinning   Winkler BRR Edition not spinning EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 4:40 pm

Don't worry too much dude. I had mine the exact same condition but right now they free spin like crazy. They're brand new so the lubricant inside is still fresh. Just ride them and soon you'll break them in, important thing is they roll while you fingerboard.
Back to top Go down
fokkusu
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
fokkusu

PostSubject: Re: Winkler BRR Edition not spinning   Winkler BRR Edition not spinning EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 8:55 pm

They have free'd up a bit now. Feel a bit silly freaking out over it but oh well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winkler BRR Edition not spinning   Winkler BRR Edition not spinning Empty

Back to top Go down

Winkler BRR Edition not spinning

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1