Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhat is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SPONER
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? Empty
PostSubject: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptySat May 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Hi I would like to use my decks but at the same time to keep them complete
how I do that?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
naawwsty
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptySat May 28, 2016 8:53 pm

What do you mean keep them complete? Like you don't want to take it apart? Put some packing tape on it. The wide shiny clear stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mubange
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Mubange

Companies : Galaxy of Flowers Fingerboards
Setup : Galaxy of Flowers TB#1
y trucks
y wheels
fbs smooth tape

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptySun May 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Board Rails
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptySun May 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Board rails, clear stuff they use to protect books, or an extra coat of lacquer.
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptyMon May 30, 2016 4:47 am

Gentle fingers I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
SPONER
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptyMon May 30, 2016 9:05 am

I meant so that the graphic would stay intact and wouldn't wear away.
Thanks but I don't think it is the best way, using a packing tape
and regarding the board rails I don't like it at all.
Maybe any kind of lacquer spray will do the job well?
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptyMon May 30, 2016 2:37 pm

SPONER wrote:
I meant so that the graphic would stay intact and wouldn't wear away.
Thanks but I don't think it is the best way, using a packing tape
and regarding  the board rails I don't like it at all.
Maybe  any kind of lacquer spray will do the job well?

Well you just answered your own question. An extra coat of lacquer or two will surely make your graphic unwearable.
Back to top Go down
Mubange
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Mubange

y trucks
y wheels
fbs smooth tape

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptyMon May 30, 2016 7:01 pm

perhaps you could use a very hard and resistant lacquer like parquet lacquer or boat paint.
I have tried the first one, after a few days of trying it, mine seems to be quite resistant, but perhaps a little bit dull (i noticed this with board grinds).
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptyMon May 30, 2016 10:53 pm

stop fingersmashing and start fingerloving and your graphic will be A++++++ 100% A++++++ perfect
Back to top Go down
SPONER
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptyTue May 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Mubange wrote:
perhaps you could use a very hard and resistant lacquer like parquet lacquer or boat paint.
I have tried the first one, after a few days of trying it, mine seems to be quite resistant, but perhaps a little bit dull (i noticed this with board grinds).

So is the graphic still looking good despite that?
Back to top Go down
Mubange
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Mubange

y trucks
y wheels
fbs smooth tape

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 2:34 pm

yes, it is, will try to post a photo in the evening...
Back to top Go down
SPONER
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 8:46 pm

Thanks man,I will be waitting for the photo
Back to top Go down
Mubange
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Mubange

y trucks
y wheels
fbs smooth tape

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 7:39 am

Oups, forgot, thanks for the reminder happy
Here we go:
What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? Lacquer

I strongly recommend to test lacquering on another object - the lacquer I used wasn't as easy to apply as I thought...
(and sorry for the lame setup - working on that tongue  )
Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 10:40 am

u can get cheap spray laquer from like b and q i think
Back to top Go down
Fungerboard
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Fungerboard

Setup : Weca w2
BRT 2.0
FlatFace dual duro

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 12:15 pm

James Johnson wrote:
u can get cheap spray laquer from like b and q i think

Yeah i got some a few years back for quite cheap (cant remember price).
Back to top Go down
https://instagram.com/fungerboard/
SPONER
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 10:29 am

Mubange wrote:
Oups, forgot, thanks for the reminder happy
Here we go:
What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? Lacquer

I strongly recommend to test lacquering on another object - the lacquer I used wasn't as easy to apply as I thought...
(and sorry for the lame setup - working on that tongue  )

Thank you very much for the pic.
It's looks fine to me and nice graphic by the way:)
I will be glad if there are any more suggestions of things you have tried.
Thanks to all.
Back to top Go down
Mubange
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Mubange

y trucks
y wheels
fbs smooth tape

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 11:37 am

Thanks!
Only other thing I have tried was water-based lacquer, but that wasn't good at all...
Back to top Go down
SPONER
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 2:23 pm

Can you tell me please what was the result of using water based lacquer?
Back to top Go down
Mubange
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Mubange

y trucks
y wheels
fbs smooth tape

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 3:56 pm

It wore off very quick. But I am only trying things, don't know how other people do it....
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 2:41 am

take some pure canola oil, it must me pure, pour a tiny bit in the cap and take a paintbrush and brush on one coat and let it dry in the sun, you can recoat it untill you get the desired affects. worked amazing for my woob.
Back to top Go down
SPONER
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:19 pm

Thanks Mubange!

mattyb wrote:
take some pure canola oil, it must me pure, pour a tiny bit in the cap and take a paintbrush
and brush on one coat and let it dry in the sun, you can recoat it untill you get the desired affects. worked amazing for my woob.

But did you use that for protecting just the wood itself or also for your graphics?
I'm wondering if it will damage the graphics.
Because I want to protect rare graphics that are no longer produced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?   What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the best way to protect decks' graphics while using it ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1