Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHelp me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

Help me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding. Empty
PostSubject: Help me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding.   Help me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding. EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Hey guys, I dunno if you remember me, you probably would have needed to be on here at least a few years ago.

I have been fingerboarding since around 2000, but more seriously after I joined FBHQ. I used to be sponsored by Close Up (from France) and Ace Fingerboarding (from Belgium) when I was good. My greatest achievements in fingerboarding, besides those great sponsors, was winning Freestyle Fingerboards' live comp in England, and 2nd place in the famous FFI Rail Jam online competition.

Anyway, in the past 2 years, I have been working in China again. The first year was really rough with a huge workload and very little time for anything else. I have also had trouble with logging in here but that seems to have been fixed now.

All I want to do is catch up with fingerboard friends from the past or any newer fingerboarders. This is a hobby that I have never given up on, even if I have not always been active in the online scene. It is a shame but I am definitely past my prime in fingerboarding, I just don't have the control I used to have. However, if I catch up with some guys in fingerboarding, maybe I'll get better again.

I have occasionally browsed here and Unite before it stopped. Where do fingerboarders go now?

Please hit me up with some contact methods. Note that China has banned many popular online social networks so I am not active on Facebook, Instagram or Youtube but can access them sometimes with a VPN. I have many messenging apps as well.

PS. Shoutout to Ross (Blosom) who despite being seriously hard to find sometimes hooked me up with a new deck. I picked it up from my mum's house during my visit to the UK last month.
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Help me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding.   Help me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding. EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 4:44 pm

The guy who runs Joycult is having a fundraiser to save the Blackriver Berlin Store.
https://www.gofundme.com/supportblackriverstore

Everyone is on Instagram nowadays as it's easier and people's attention spans are getting shorter with each passing day.

No Comply is slowly coming back as Todd posted some pictures of prototypes he was working on.

Some companies now have mass produced 32 mm hangers and urethane wheels.

Don't know if this is true for anyone else but my local retailers do not have any Tech Deck products.

Nice to see you pop on here again Xi, hopefully more people will start to come back to the forum life. I forgot about China's shitty internet censorship, there's not many other places that fingerboarders lurk now besides Instagram. It's strange as fingerboarding is actually getting bigger but at the same time it feels smaller and more distant.
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Help me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding.   Help me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding. EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 8:37 pm

^Thanks for the update, I've been out of the loop for a while too. Hoping to get back into it soon
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: Help me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding.   Help me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding. EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Well, for starters, fingerboarding is happening.

And I got married to my husband when Obama made it legal!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding.   Help me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding. Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me catch up with what's going on with fingerboarding.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1