Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHow do I catch a kickflip?? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do I catch a kickflip??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

How do I catch a kickflip?? Empty
PostSubject: How do I catch a kickflip??   How do I catch a kickflip?? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:40 pm

So I've got kickflips 98 prevent of the time,but there very low!

I can do them up to a certain height but catch is the problem and it's holding me back from bigger things like flips to grinds etc....

Has anyone got anyone tips on doing one flip only and catching it instead of waiting for it to drop..

Or maybe even some
Good video examples of well caught kickflips so I can study what there doing right
Back to top Go down
Matt Matysek
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Matt Matysek

PostSubject: Re: How do I catch a kickflip??   How do I catch a kickflip?? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:43 pm

I find that I do my kickflips with my wrist almost staying stationary. My hand goes up, but my wrist stays low. This allows me to come upward with my hand, get the height on my kickflip, and catch it by snapping back down at the wrist. It's a bit hard to explain. Let me try to put this in as simple terms as possible:

• My hand goes up as i do the kickflip, wrist stays almost still
• As soon as hand reaches max height without moving wrist too much, I bring my hand back down.

Does this make sense? Hahah I don't think it does. I'll make a kickflip trickipedia and maybe then you can see what I mean.
Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Companies : Filming, skating, and fingerboarding
Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

PostSubject: Re: How do I catch a kickflip??   How do I catch a kickflip?? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:50 pm

If you're wondering how you're suppose to catch it, catch it with your back finger first, then your front finger. If I misread your post, sorry, I'm on my phone haha
Back to top Go down
WillD
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
WillD

Setup : Berlinwood
YTrucks X3
Winkler Wheels BRR
FBS

PostSubject: Re: How do I catch a kickflip??   How do I catch a kickflip?? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:02 pm

TheMattigan wrote:
I find that I do my kickflips with my wrist almost staying stationary. My hand goes up, but my wrist stays low. This allows me to come upward with my hand, get the height on my kickflip, and catch it by snapping back down at the wrist. It's a bit hard to explain. Let me try to put this in as simple terms as possible:

• My hand goes up as i do the kickflip, wrist stays almost still
• As soon as hand reaches max height without moving wrist too much, I bring my hand back down.

Does this make sense? Hahah I don't think it does. I'll make a kickflip trickipedia and maybe then you can see what I mean.

Exactly!

As soon as your fingers cant go any higher, bring it down. Your fingers must be over the deck and close to it at all times.
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

BRT's
Winker's

PostSubject: Re: How do I catch a kickflip??   How do I catch a kickflip?? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:15 pm

pop it as much as you can an make sure your hand is just above the deck as its flipping, soon at the tape is about to come back around move your hand and fingers down. you will feel it when you catch it then feel the deck land back on the ground tongue
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: How do I catch a kickflip??   How do I catch a kickflip?? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Keep practising them. Do what Matt said, they should be steezy in no time. very happy
Back to top Go down
jayss
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
jayss

PostSubject: Re: How do I catch a kickflip??   How do I catch a kickflip?? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:23 pm

eye and finger coordination..
watch the deck closely, but dont forget your finger movements..dont slide your index finger so much to avoid multiple flips,your wrist can help you push your index finger to the right strength so that it wouldn't flip so much..
be sure that your fingers is always near to the deck,and when you see it gets the full rotation,slam it back to the ground. very happy
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

BRT's
Winker's

PostSubject: Re: How do I catch a kickflip??   How do I catch a kickflip?? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Practice.
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: How do I catch a kickflip??   How do I catch a kickflip?? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks for the advice guys I'll keep at it
Back to top Go down
mikkolangot
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
mikkolangot

Setup : Main Setup:
FlatFace G13
Blackriver Trucks Rad Red 2.0
FBS Extra Smooth
FF BRR Edition wheels (black)

PostSubject: Re: How do I catch a kickflip??   How do I catch a kickflip?? EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 1:53 am

Try not to flick your index finger so hard so that it won't over flip. Do what TheMattigan said. That's how I do it also. Plus if you pop hard and flick lightly it's much better to watch because you have more height with like a slow motion flip you can easily catch it. Don't forget, Practice always.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I catch a kickflip??   How do I catch a kickflip?? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do I catch a kickflip??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1