Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! Empty
PostSubject: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:34 am

WINNER ANNOUNCED! Check out www.unitefingerboarding.com to see the winning article happy

------------------------------------------------------------------

COMPETITION OVER! Thanks to all the entrants, winner will be announced asap. happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Competition ends tomorrow! Come on, enter, you never know, you might win! Doesn't take that long to write a good article, and you could win $25 to spend at the fingerboard company you write about, or maybe a unite tshirt if people want that instead! Get writing! happy

Last time for entries is 11:59pm UK time on the 20th! happy

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So, unitefingerboarding got to its 100th post today, and to celebrate, and say thankyou to all our readers, I'm holding this competition, WriteToUnite!

The main premise of the competition is simple, write an article about your favourite fingerboard company, and why you think what they do truly demonstrates the essence of what fingerboarding should be about. The winning article will be posted on unite for everyone to see!

The competition aims to get people to have fun with writing about fingerboarding, in the hopes that more forums all over the world will be full of people actually discussing things about fingerboarding, i.e. what fingerboarding means to them and why; rather than just talking about products. Products are good, but, theres not nearly enough 'discussion' going on, and this hopes to inspire people to change that. The competition will also hopefully promote unitefingerboarding, and, well, after getting to our 100 post milestone, its only fair that we get our name out there a bit more. Unite may be from the UK, but it is for everyone, all over the world, and it'd be great if more people over the world came here, and more people saw it as a worldwide, but UK based site, rather than a UK site.

ALSO, a nice reason to do this other than its fun.. The winner will get a $25 gift certificate for the company that they write about! (we're using dollars, as its open to everyone, and everyone in their own currency can relate to dollars)

Send the entries to unitefingerboarding [at] gmail [dot] com
And if you don't know the link to our site, its http://www.unitefingerboarding.com

So, the rules?

-anyone can enter, worldwide, but you must write in english
-the overall best written and most interesting article will win
-choosing of winners + prize distribution is my decision and my decision is final
-you must write an article on a fingerboard company under the premise above
-when emailing in entries, put 'WriteToUnite!' in the subject
-there is no limit on length, but, keep it reasonable. One paragraph is most likely too small, and I don't want to read a whole dissertation either!
-one entry per person
-when entering, please also give your name, age, where you're from, and an email to contact you at if you win

Closing date is 20th October 2010, 3 weeks from now.

ALSO:
Companies read this:
Unite is getting bigger and bigger and we want to help companies from all over the world by putting a link to your site for free on unite. All you have to do is be a friend with us by asking and we'll put a logo up on the friends side bar of our site. Unite is not just for the UK, its for the whole fingerboarding world. So, companies from anywhere are welcome, just look for details in the friends section of http://www.unitefingerboarding.com

Now, everyone, go write something, have fun, and enjoy fingerboarding! happy

Last edited by kerryDETH on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mike H.
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Mike H.

Companies : Skateboarding, fingerboarding, filming and editing.

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Hmmm, maybe i'll try this happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Go for it, it'll be fun!

Tbh I'm amazed not a single person has commented on this on all three forums other than you, I think its a pretty cool idea happy AND given how many people pestered me to my writers for unite, now they get the chance to write and maybe win a cash prize, and no one cares?
Odd.
Back to top Go down
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

Companies : Fusion Distribution

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:55 pm

yeah, its a great idea! $25 gift voucher sounds tempting...i'll give it a go. great way to promote unit also!

good stuf!
Back to top Go down
http://fusiondistribution.co.uk/
josetheskater
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
josetheskater

Companies : Skate, FB

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:38 pm

sounds soo fun! very happy good chance to promote yellowood ^_^
i might do this happy
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:14 pm

sick idea Kerry, i think you'll get a lot of interest happy
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:27 pm

hmmm, i might do this
not sure what company to write about though :S
possibly redemption? haha idk
Back to top Go down
BLU-S
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BLU-S

Companies : videography,photography fingerboarding , fluxmedia

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:18 pm

ill give it a try happy
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/bsinghy
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:18 pm

blosom wrote:
sick idea Kerry, i think you'll get a lot of interest happy

I'm surprised that noone replied other than you on FFI, but, yea, at least you guys here are up for it.

Just go for it! I mean, writing doesn't take long, a lot less time than filming a massive fingerboard mini. Have fun with it, think of a company you like, go for it, and, you never know, you might win! happy
Back to top Go down
flexboreder
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
flexboreder

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:32 pm

first of all i would like to say on my behalf that ur perception on fingerboarding and where its going is in part why i like this site as well as unite, so i will be entering the contest. second, does the owner of a company have to contact you to put them on the site or can high up members ask as well?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/flexboreder
JonathanSivel
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JonathanSivel

Companies : Skateboarding, Fingerboarding
Setup : mini skateboard

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:47 pm

I just sent my entry kerry, hope you enjoy it very happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:22 pm

flexboreder wrote:
first of all i would like to say on my behalf that ur perception on fingerboarding and where its going is in part why i like this site as well as unite, so i will be entering the contest. second, does the owner of a company have to contact you to put them on the site or can high up members ask as well?

If you get permission from the owner, then, feel free to ask, or if you know for certain they wouldn't mind.. I just want the company to be happy knowing their link is on the site, not stumble across it and be surprised that its there happy

And, thankyou, thats really nice to know happy

Jonny, yours was the first entry in and a pleasure to read. Nice article. I hope you'll get some worthy competition from everyone else!
Back to top Go down
flexboreder
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
flexboreder

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:59 pm

yeah Kerry he would definitely permit me to do so. I totally understand. Can you add prowood to the list of links?? I would appreciate that very much! happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/flexboreder
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:04 pm

ill be doing one tommorow happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:37 am

flexboreder wrote:
yeah Kerry he would definitely permit me to do so. I totally understand. Can you add prowood to the list of links?? I would appreciate that very much! happy

You can email the unite email the details as it says on the friends section of unite, and I'll get on it asap happy

I got some nice entries last night! Someone didn't read the rules and forgot to put their name/age/location on though. But they also had spelling mistakes, so, they wont be winning anyway XD
Back to top Go down
TraceKaiser
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
TraceKaiser

Setup : Blosom
BRTs
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:40 pm

I'd love to do this.
However, I'd like to chat with you about the prize and stuff. You got Thom on msn? Ask him for my addy mate, we'll chat on there ;D
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Yea I never use msn, everrr. I think thom added me but I don't ever use msn so we've never spoke there, haha.. You're welcome to ask thom for my addy, and I'll see if I can find a bit of time to come on, but, the best bet is to PM me. Regardless, would be awesome if you (and anyone else for that matter) entered. I've had some good entries so far though ^__^
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 4:40 pm

EDIT FIRST POST!
Ends tomorrow! 11:59pm UK time on the 20th is the last time for entries to be in. happy

Come on, get writing guys! It'll be fun, promise happy Lots of you said you'd do it and haven't, so, yea, nows your last chance!
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:28 pm

BUMP - ONLY A FEW HOURS LEFT! Come on guys, you've got til midnight, get writing happy
Back to top Go down
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:46 pm

sent mine! (wish me good luck!) very happy
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:35 pm

i think ima sit this oue out :/
im not a great writer
dont have a clue what to write about,
i have no chance of winning anyway :L
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:05 am

fbrep2010 wrote:
sent mine! (wish me good luck!) very happy

Except it shouldn't count because you weren't supposed to PM me. I mean, was it hard to read the first post where it said where to send things to? I'll count it anyway, but, yea, two people PM'ed me entries and I think its really annoying when someone doesn't do something as simple as read the post with what to do on.. Some people didn't write about the right subject, and, yea.. Their loss I guess, I have an idea who the winner will be, so, yup, you'll all see soon!

Thankyou, nonetheless, to all the entrants! Competition is now OVER. happy
Back to top Go down
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:45 pm

soz, just rushed it quick cos i had to go off the pc straight after
Back to top Go down
Eric
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Eric

Companies : Fingerboarding, taking picturs and more
Setup : G12 Deck,
TD Wheels And Trucks.

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:12 pm

same here i pm him by mistake. and i think i mine was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:54 pm

I counted yours also, but, yea, I didn't think it really was on the topic that I said for people to write about.. Anyway, never mind. happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!   WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize! Empty

Back to top Go down

WINNER ANNOUNCED - WriteToUnite Competition! Nice Prize!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next