Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalRedemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging Empty
PostSubject: Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging   Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 12:12 am

So, I saw these two companies post stuff recently on FFI, noone seems to mention them here, and, whilst when they first appeared a while ago I wasn't that interested, thought they were just another company, I've changed my mind today. Here's why:

Redemption NEW mold:
Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging DSCI0034
Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging DSCI0017
Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging DSCI0037

: o
Craftmanship looks immense, decks are really nicely rounded, looks like a G12 with slightly bigger dips, and a teeny tad more concave. But, it does remind me of a G12 a lot, which is a good thing as they're the best performing deck I've ever tried.
$22 shipped for free, and thats a custom deck, so, you can pick ply colours, even do split plies, pick wideness (28-30 if I'm not mistaken) etc.
According to XE.com (the most up to date currency site on the net as far as I'm aware) thats £13.27
I'm impressed, and very much considering ordering one. Thoughts? Heres the ffi link for more reading: link.

THENN..
Oak Wheels
These looked okay when they first were announced, but now they look even more epic, and the packaging? YUM <3
Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging 4096413262_47025a4e6f_o
Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging 4065155438_2c9f6244f5_o
They're made of polyurethane, similar to skate wheels so they'll make rad sounds when you powerslide and blunt and such. Single bearing, they're designed to work with BRR trucks, YTrucks and TD trucks. I just think the similarities to skate wheels is really cool, and I really like the idea. Like the skate wheel like colouring as well, I'm quite tempted to pick up a set too, when they're out that is. No price atm but they wont be uber expensive, 20 euros I'd guess.

I know there was already a thread on oak wheels, but the packaging has turned my eye to this company even more. And, this thread is about stuff I've noticed today, and I noticed them both today, so, yea happy

Thoughts people? New companies that are going to go places, or just more meh products? I reckon there is definite future for the both of them happy
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging   Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 7:20 pm

redemptions look amazing, im ordering one soon, i might consider the oakwheels too, they look super nice
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Companies : Ex-Tape
Setup : Home Made Deck
Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

PostSubject: Re: Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging   Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:15 am

^ oak wheels picl up ALOT of dirt :

heres yellowoods setup with them on...

Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging Longboard
Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging Longboard1
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerboardHQ.net/
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging   Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:38 pm

^ those are prototypes though surely? The final ones aren't that colour : o And, well, either way I still like the look of them happy
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Companies : Ex-Tape
Setup : Home Made Deck
Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

PostSubject: Re: Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging   Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:52 pm

haha i think the philliepe might have been uning threm on a mucky surface because theres dirt on the rip on the deck... there were more pics

im getting them anyway because the material looks sooo real like a sk8 wheel!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerboardHQ.net/
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging   Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 8:53 pm

fair enough, I've fingerboarded outside loads, and my closeup wheels, which basically eat dirt, aren't that bad.. so, I guess he must have been happy

Either way, yea, I'll get them too for that reason! Imagine doing a blunt and it making the noise it does on a skateboard? Would be soo rad!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging   Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 10:48 pm

i dont really care about dirt bieng picked up, just roll them on some selotape when they get dirty
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging   Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:11 pm

surely if you rolled them on selotape they'd get sticky? : o
but, yea, I don't think its really gonna be an issue with these wheels unless you ride through the emptied contents of a hoover or something happy
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging   Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:45 pm

na u hold it down and just roll them across a few times, it works a dream
Back to top Go down
ThorntonDylan
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : Fingerboarding, Drawing, Editing, Chatting, Watch Skating and relax.
Setup : Right now I'm stuck with...

Fingerdecks D1 - Black
Closeup Grip
Tech Deck Trucks
Closeup G2 Bearing Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging   Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:01 pm

0_0 that board looks sick. I'll save up for one for sure. the wheels still look preety sick but the deck is so nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging   Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging Empty

Back to top Go down

Redemption New Mold + Oak Wheels New Packaging

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1