Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalRedemption Mellow Mold review  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Redemption Mellow Mold review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

Redemption Mellow Mold review  Empty
PostSubject: Redemption Mellow Mold review    Redemption Mellow Mold review  EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:24 am

Today I will be doing a review of my Redemption Mellow that I got from free from Jordan. I have used this deck a little over a month so I think its long enough for me to do a fair review on this deck. (I will also upload my video review of this deck when I get the chance to edit.) On to the review...

Craftsmanship
The craftsmanship of the deck is excellent. The rounding on both the nose and the tail is even, the holes and counter sinks are perfectly drilled. The main thing I had noticed when I saw the deck was the edge rounding. It really resembles the routing on a skateboard and it really shows the time that goes into making these decks. The lacquer is just incredible, its one of the nicest finishes I have seen on a fingerboard. It is uniform throughout the entire deck, top and bottom. Its very shiny and durable and being a deck maker myself, I can say that lacquering a deck is one of the hardest things to do well, and this deck shows that Jordan is a master of his craft. The deck is evenly pressed and there are no inconsistencies in the shape. One thing that really surprised me was how vibrant the plies where. I have an old redemption Hybrid, and the plies were dyed enough for you to see them, but the colors just didn't pop out like they do on this deck. There has a been a great improvement. As I took closer looks at the deck, the harder it was for me to find any imperfections in the craftsmanship. That being said I was only able to find one minor flaw, on the rounding of the nose and tails there are some rough spots from hand sanding. Its only a minor flaw that can easily be taken care of.

Redemption Mellow Mold review  7457666654_7d88390388
Redemption Mellow Mold review  7457667476_f1248293a9
Here you can see the shape of the deck, the nice edge rounding on it, and also the beautiful bottom ply.

Performance
This deck performs just like you would expect it to. Setting it up was quick and easy because the holes were perfectly drilled. When I got the deck completely set up, I started off by doing a couple of flatground tricks, right away the deck performed as I expected. The pop is solid and responsive and the shape has a great feel. The deck slides well when doing nose/ tail slides and board slides. Nollie and switch are easy to do mostly because the length of the nose compared to the tail, and I have to say it really helps.

Overall
Redemption mellows get a thumbs up from me. The decks have great craftsmanship and they perform great. The only thing there really is to work on is the fine sanding on the deck. If you like mellower decks than this is definitely a deck you must try for yourself. Along with great craftsmanship and performance, it also has a nice price tag. Only $25.
http://www.redemptionfb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2969339
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Mellow Mold review    Redemption Mellow Mold review  EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:29 am

blistex medicated mint for the fucking win.

gnarly review broseph
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Mellow Mold review    Redemption Mellow Mold review  EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:32 am

fingerboardsElton John impersonators are gay.

Last edited by skeep222 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Mellow Mold review    Redemption Mellow Mold review  EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:33 am

Yeah gotta keep these pussy lips soft.

Thanks man very happy
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Mellow Mold review    Redemption Mellow Mold review  EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:38 am

Nice review broseph O:, and those wheels look weird to me for some reason what are they?
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Mellow Mold review    Redemption Mellow Mold review  EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 am

They are tech deck wheels from the long boards. Surprisingly smooth
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Mellow Mold review    Redemption Mellow Mold review  EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:44 am

They remind me of the shape of hot wheels' wheels tongue
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Mellow Mold review    Redemption Mellow Mold review  EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:53 am

wheels are hilarious, otherwise great review happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redemption Mellow Mold review    Redemption Mellow Mold review  Empty

Back to top Go down

Redemption Mellow Mold review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1