Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalForgiven Fingerboards Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forgiven Fingerboards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

Forgiven Fingerboards Empty
PostSubject: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:17 pm

Hello,

My name is Ray and I am the owner of Forgiven Fingerboards. You all most likely have heard of Dooby Decks; that is my previous company. I would just like to say that I am starting my journey over in this wonderful scene of fun, business, and friendship. Yes, I must say; everyone makes mistakes. Now... Me, being a perfectionist, you all probably know what goes on there. Constant struggles, things have to be organized, one flaw and everything must go down the drain and be started over, etc... A bit of the same concept here. Except, we made a lot of flaws... Now, I am just straight up going to be taking the blame for everything even though everything was not all our fault, but I will do it anyways because I feel it is appropriate in this situation. Long story short, I know your attention span with me is not very long because of these "incidents" or moments, whatever. But, I would just like to say that we are starting fresh and new. Think of us as a brand new company. Not a person that had a previous company and is starting over because of previous altercations.

Forgiven Fingerboards is going to run more smooth, solid, and fluent; some of the aspects Dooby Decks did thoroughly contain.

Basically, expect a great change in the company's atmosphere and environment...

All we can ask for is for your open mindedness and sincerity. Take it how you want to take it.

Also, we are joining facebook and need Your help!
Do you guys find "like" pages more appealing than add as a friend? We want to start a facebook page and are trying to decide what kind of facebook type to start. Write in the comments if you would rather "like" us or "add as a friend" and why.

Thank you,
happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Dom-Mattocks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:29 pm

have you got a website and welcome
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:38 pm

In the next few days I will be working on something. But for now, no we do not. Sorry,
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:15 pm

WAIT YOUR NOT DOOBY ANYMORE??
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Nope. "Decks" was really messing us up when doing a lot of different things such as obstacles. It really stuck out. We can't have a Dooby Decks Ramp. It sounds strange.
Back to top Go down
Nedim V
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nedim V

Setup : flatface g13 30,5mm
dumps
g6d's

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Once my friend called his company "Hillwood". I laughed so hard.
Solid name. Yeah. Dooby was kinda cool in my opinion.
Do you have a website?
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:32 am

I just started working on one real quick. Here's the link and it is still pretty bare btw:

Back to top Go down
Labrador_FB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Labrador_FB

Companies : Labrador Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:20 am

Sweet- I like the logo too happy
Back to top Go down
mrjacobburke
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Companies : Manchester,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:33 am

Now dooby's are gonna be rare.
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:23 am

Nice, I like the new name better. Site looks pretty sick already, too. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 8:30 am

yeah it all looks good! keep it up happy
Back to top Go down
Daniel.H
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daniel.H

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:20 am

Dont realy see why you had to restart, now you have to build your name up agien from scratch :L
but whatever, hope it works for you
Back to top Go down
DillonV
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DillonV

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:20 pm

^^^ Exactly, poor name, poor logo, sorry but i personally don't like the messed up " G " as a logo and you Could have simply added ramps/trucks/wheels/whatever you were going to maketo your name, " Dooby Wheels"per-say, Honestly not necessary to build a new company to sell other products and on top of it all to lie to new customers about your past... I think you wanted to new company because your old rep and nothing further.
Back to top Go down
Labrador_FB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Labrador_FB

Companies : Labrador Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:45 pm

He just wants a fresh start because people were giving him crap about Dooby^^
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:04 pm

Here are my thoughts on the matter... I don't see what was wrong with sticking with the Dooby name. You could easily have just branded your obstacles as Dooby Ramps and other products in the same fashion.

I'm not sure about what these flaws were that you speak of, anyone want to fill me in? I only know of the Toebex incident where you publically asked FBHQ's opinion about whether Rory should have been dropped and then you dropped him claiming that it had nothing to do with it. Regardless of whether he deserved to be on the team at the time, I thought this was a lame move on your behalf, publically humiliating him and ending on bad terms with each other. If you were thinking changing name would sweep all that away, there are always people who remember these things. As mentioned before, you may need to build up the reputation of your brand again. I never personally skated a Dooby deck but from what I heard, it was generally positive.

I personally don't like the Forgiven name. Is there any meaning behind choosing the name? I think the logo is OK but the simple black text with some obscure font on a white background with dodgy anti-aliasing doesn't look great to me.

I checked out the website and I understand that you're still improving it and whatnot. I would suggest taking at least another picture of a deck with the bottom facing up. A side picture would also be good and a photo of many decks together would also look great showing your supply and consistency. I don't know if your decks are ready or not but it would be informative to customers if they knew where, when and how to purchase the decks.

What I do like is that your team is now free. I think there are so many deserving fingerboarders out there who should have a fingerboard sponsor. Euan Lynn, Rafi D'cruz and Will Day are just three English guys out of many awesome fingerboarders with no sponsors and I wouldn't be surprised if Blosom has already scouted and contacted them. (Small edit here: What I mean is deck sponsors. Not sure but Finn is probably looking to make decks so I guess this is still technically correct)

I have always disliked social networking and I am not filled with enough ego to post about every single part of my life to use it often. I also dislike how commercial it has become and in most cases, I will only Like something if I genuinely like it. Feel free to get other people to Like your page but I won't.

I'm hoping you are taking my comments as constructive criticism rather than a personal attack. If you read it carefully, I'm pointing out quite a few useful things to help you. The last thing I want is more drama in the scene. I would also like to point out that these are my personal views and not of anyone elses or of the community. You do not have to take in anything I have said.

Edit: Shitting hell, I wrote a lot.

Last edited by Xi on Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Companies : Filming, skating, and fingerboarding
Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Xi with his essay posts. tongue
Back to top Go down
Nedim V
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nedim V

dumps
g6d's

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Agree with Xi 100%
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Thank you. But, yea. Dooby just got a horrible name because so many people talked bad about us and it was just all bad. But no, I'm not changing name because of it. It's a reason why but not the whole. I just thought Dooby was really generic sounding and people kept messing it up saying doobie, duby, booby, whatever.

But yes, Forgiven is going to be way more on top of things.

Thank you Xi for the tips and helping words.

I really don't mind building up another company name. I really enjoy doing that and making decks and people just kept making fun of us so nobody could see the passion involved.. That's why I would like to start over and just think of us as a new company.
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Well if I got the money I will buy one, I'm not gonna take part in fb politics the pics you posted earlier looked nice
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:48 pm

^ bumlick
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:43 pm

Sick man!
Back to top Go down
DillonV
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DillonV

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:56 pm

I have hard times believing this is going to be legit in anyway shape or form.. It look's to rinky dink to me, even for dooby.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Okay! Hahah.
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:18 pm

noelboy225 wrote:
^ bumlick

Lol yeah ok man..

I'll try be disrespectfull to people from now on just for you
Back to top Go down
Nedim V
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nedim V

dumps
g6d's

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:25 pm

noelboy225 wrote:
^ bumlick

Thats rude son.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgiven Fingerboards   Forgiven Fingerboards Empty

Back to top Go down

Forgiven Fingerboards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next