Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSo people... - Page 4 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So people...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
JackTaylor
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JackTaylor

So people... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:15 pm

These videos are working, they should do this in Iraq or something.
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:16 pm

YOU MESSIN !!!!??////????SLASH!!!!!!ONE!!!1111111!!!!
Back to top Go down
JackTaylor
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JackTaylor

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Motherfucking trolls, on this motherfucking forum.
Back to top Go down
Nedim V
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nedim V

Setup : flatface g13 30,5mm
dumps
g6d's

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Rory is there gonna be a Littlewheels 3?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:25 pm

jesus, nedim! stop spamming the video thread.
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:37 pm

MY IDEA WORKED! POST RANDOM SHIT TO DISTRACT EVERYONE!

I SOO SHOULD BE A MOD
JKS HEH

So people... - Page 4 434235-antique-santa
Back to top Go down
Toebex
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Toebex

Companies : Anus
Setup : Dicks

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:42 pm

Nedim V wrote:
Rory is there gonna be a Littlewheels 3?

Cant say anything yet wink
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:47 pm

As an attendee at the event, I can't really stay silent on this so I'm going to make some points for both sides of the argument and hope that people will try not to keep arguing here.

cartledge wrote:
looked cramped. good try though rory, maybe one day it'll be the premiere UK event.

good try.

Although this does not directly criticise Rory, you can't really argue that this wasn't a subtle stab with the "good try" mentioned twice implying failure. It is also clearly baiting him to respond and drawing attention to him when he does.

Toebex wrote:
James.P wrote:
Rory and Simon please stop!

Take this to PM's, otherwise I guess it's disturbing the peace...

Please?

You can shut up too

Very unusual of James but he does make a valid point here. The retort by Rory is obviously because James had previously acted very immature about Little Wheels 2 so I can see both your sides but it would be nicer if you could refrain from any more conflict.

Danny Hynam wrote:
Rdcruzer wrote:
So does everyone in Manchester hate Rory? Why?
This is so stupid, he's on of a few who digs deep into their own pockets and is trying to push the UK scene forward by holding events and showing little kids what real fingerboarding is, and all you guys do is hate on him.

I'm from leeds and i hate toebex.
And, i get the feeling that he isnt trying to push the UK scene at all, he's more bothered about his 'fame' if thats even the right word. Thats the only reason he holds these stupid events. To give him a bigger, not better, reputation. There is no way that a little wheels event could live up to the atmosphere at ukr1+2, and cs2+3.

This was probably the general opinion around here earlier this year but I will argue for both sides on this subject. I don't think Rory hosted the event for his own fame or ego and whilst I was there, he was not deliberately drawing attention to himself but was working hard organising the STYLE matches and sitting there judging the contests. Also, his video of the event that he posted was not biased towards himself or his friends but a good mix of people involved. Although I didn't speak to him too much, he's approachable to talk to regardless of what your skill level is.

To argue the other side, I will first bring up this quote:

kerryDETH wrote:
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
What the shit happened to this thread? O_o

LW2 was epic. I wrote my thoughts on it on unite:http://www.unitefingerboarding.com/2011/08/little-wheels-2-recap.html

To side with both sides.. Rory is really nice in person, and as has been said he wasn't all 'ohemgee I are toebexx111' at all, and was friendly to everyone there, as well as very fair, even to kids with tech decks and nothing else.

BUT, as I said in my recap - it bugged the shit out of me how much loads of people there knew nothing of fingerboarding in the UK at all, didn't know what fingerboardhq was, didn't know what unitefingerboarding was, and, yea.. I think Rory with all his subs and huge presence to all these people, should spread the word of the UK scene more. There must have been at least 20 people there who weren't on forums nor did they know of anything fingerboarding in the Uk except Rory and themselves. Which is crazy.

I was also surprised a lot of kids didn't know who Kerry was or even what Unitefingerboarding.com was even though he was wearing the shirt. It would be nice if Rory publicised Unite more on his channel and open up fingerboarding knowledge to all new and potential fingerboarders. I think one of the reasons why I managed to sell so much of my stuff there was because people didn't know much about other fingerboard companies. Unite is one of the greatest things in fingerboarding and it doesn't hurt to spread the message.

So moving on... Elliott Block was the guy that impressed me the most. I've seen a bit of Rory, Rafi, Billy, Finn and Kerry's vids but Elliott was fucking awesome. I was watching him and really hoped I wouldn't have to face him in STYLE. The thought was right because he won it. I was surprised there were some foreign people there too but it would be awesome if you can attract some pros there. The first step to that would be to build bridges online and not get too involved in forum flaming. I'm not saying it's your fault or anyone else's but I think this would really help making LW bigger AND more credible.

Obviously if LW gets bigger, we need more space and better ventilation than those huge windows that open only a tiny bit. I don't know if you know any other suitable places to use but those things would help.

This is just a guess but I think some people might be disappointed if they didn't get anything. If you can get more sponsor stuff and possibly split the products into more prizes by adding more contests (SKATE and Miniramp) and/or more prizes for places. Although I liked the format of having a long run, I don't mind if the time of the runs are cut because it was dragging on for a long time and kids were becoming bored and seshing other tables or even on the course whilst someone was doing a run. A raffle open to every entrant would be cool to give out stuff to people who don't enter a contest or didn't win anything. I thought at the end the product toss you were doing could have injured people, haha.

One other suggestion would be: Since you are sponsored by Nollie, you could possibly request additional products to give or sell to kids who need them. I saw someone with just a TD and there was one annoying kid going around and asking everyone if they were selling bearing wheels, he must have asked me 10 times and even though I offered some China wheels, he accepted and changed his mind 3 times. Also, loads of other kids were wanting to buy decks off me.

I've gone back on topic here so I hope others will as well.
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:44 pm

Looked like a good event, tad crowded but what the heck right? That's good isn't it, show's the growth of UK fb scene! Can't wait to see the footy for the next one happy (if there is one :L)
Back to top Go down
WangsterBlock
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
WangsterBlock

Companies : fibgerboarding, skateboarding,
Setup : 1st Setup:
Wangster Dboi mold
Ytrucks and bushings
Runabouts's

2nd Setup: (outdoor)
Flatface g12
nollie trucks and bushings
Close up metal core

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Xi.. you da man. <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.wangsterdecks.com
Dom-Mattocks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:44 pm

yes xi with your essays, you speak the truth dude :')
Back to top Go down
BLU-S
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BLU-S

Companies : videography,photography fingerboarding , fluxmedia

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:49 pm

xi is the "don" he see's both sides of the argument im almost sure not many members would debate about both sides soooo ...
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/bsinghy
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:23 am

Xi you should be a mod fo sho and I think some of us agree
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:14 am

Xi wrote:
*snippp*

Agreed. This man is a legend among mere posters.
Back to top Go down
Toebex
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Toebex

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:15 am

So people... - Page 4 C881d8d9
Back to top Go down
JackTaylor
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JackTaylor

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:07 am

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Rory's made me lol.
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Snow tape
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:40 am

Yeh it sure looked great!
Back to top Go down
HarryYeates
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
HarryYeates

Companies : Cyclone Media

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Littlewheels 2 Entertainment
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyclonefb.blogspot.com
Toebex
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Toebex

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Yeah, they were the best live band we could have asked for
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Snow tape
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:50 pm

who?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So people...   So people... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

So people...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4