Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHelp! Wheel problem Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help! Wheel problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thomashines
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
thomashines

Setup : BRTS, flaked, and BRR edition G6's.

Help! Wheel problem Empty
PostSubject: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:33 am

This might be in the wrong section but... I forgot to put washers on my wheels, can only find two washers, and now my trucks won't unscrew No Help!
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:27 pm

What you mean cause your supposed to pu the washer befor the wheels on the axle unless you have tick washer.If you have a small plier you could unscrew it with that =.Hope it helps very happy
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Setup : Berlinwood
BRT's
Winker's

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:35 pm

ive never had any problems with out washers. tongue
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Neither have I, is it the axle bolt that won't move?
I could be wrong but I doubt that it's the washers
Back to top Go down
thomashines
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
thomashines

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:24 pm

I can screw my blackriver tool in the wheel all day and nothing happens, except that the wheel turns. ill try and find mini pliers though.
and should I just ignore the problem and leave it washerless?
Back to top Go down
thomashines
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
thomashines

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Hump de bump... sorry for double posting, but please tell me if its ok to not use washers, i rlly wanna get back to fbing.
Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Companies : Filming, skating, and fingerboarding
Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:36 pm

I think you'll be fine, just fingerboard already, your trucks aren't going to explode haha.
Back to top Go down
thomashines
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
thomashines

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:48 pm

Mk thanks!
Back to top Go down
Calico
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Calico

Companies : Calico Trucks
Setup : Kulture
BRT 1.0
Flatface brr edition
china shite

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:51 pm

what kind of trucks do you have? If they're BRR's, the axle might be spinning. You just need to take another tool and put it on the other nut if that's happening.

If they're TD/China trucks, your best bet is to either just use them as is or try to cut the axle off with a hacksaw. It's kind of a pain, but I've had to cut bearing screws like that before, it's not too bad as long as you're careful and don't cut into the wheel.
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Peter.A wrote:
What you mean is, because you're supposed to put the washer before the wheel on the axle unless you have tick washer. If you have a small plier you could unscrew it with. Hope it helps very happy

I'll help him, because this would help if it made sense happy No hard feeling's peter?

Last edited by James.P on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Calico wrote:
what kind of trucks do you have? If they're BRR's, the axle might be spinning. You just need to take another tool and put it on the other nut if that's happening.

If they're TD/China trucks, your best bet is to either just use them as is or try to cut the axle off with a hacksaw. It's kind of a pain, but I've had to cut bearing screws like that before, it's not too bad as long as you're careful and don't cut into the wheel.

Wut? Axles on china wides will come out with a simple pair of plies, no need to cut them out. That's dangerous for your wheels : o Maybe with bearing screws you do but thats slightly different to stock axles happy
Back to top Go down
thomashines
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
thomashines

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:52 pm

ive got BRTS, and I tried the thing with 2 tools and that didn't work, but anyways im not desperate to take the wheel off, so i'll hold off tell i get some washers.
Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Calico
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Calico

Companies : Calico Trucks
Setup : Kulture
BRT 1.0
Flatface brr edition
china shite

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:29 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
Calico wrote:

Wut? Axles on china wides will come out with a simple pair of plies, no need to cut them out. That's dangerous for your wheels : o Maybe with bearing screws you do but thats slightly different to stock axles happy

I'm talking about getting axles out if the wheels are still on. There's no way to pull them out with pliers if the wheels won't come off
Back to top Go down
WillSteller
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
WillSteller

Companies : Snowboarding, Skating
Setup : Emanant
NoLogo
FF
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:03 pm

I have no clue how this happened to you! ha If you take the axle out put it in a vice grip then unscrew the screw.I gues...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! Wheel problem   Help! Wheel problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Help! Wheel problem

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1