Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalCloseup bearing wheels Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Closeup bearing wheels

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MartinRobs
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
MartinRobs

Companies : U of O
Setup : Homewood M9, 30mm wide
Propaganda trucks (gold)
Bollie wheels (red)
Foamy greatness tape

Closeup bearing wheels Empty
PostSubject: Closeup bearing wheels   Closeup bearing wheels EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Hey guys,

I got myself a new closeup bike rack today (which I totally recommend, its unreal) as well as closeup bearing wheels. Has anyone ever had to deal with these wheels? They came with new trucks (that I didn't pay for haha, but I guess its because bearing wheels don't fit on the original closeup trucks that they sent em with the wheels) and when I pop the bearing wheels on em, they work fine. Its once they shift over closer towards the center of the trucks that they then stop spinning and just stay glued in place. Anything I can do to fix this? Or are they just low quality bearing wheels that aren't really worth it? Thanks!

Ps. Closeup is actually unreal. I opened my package this morning, and a brand new gen4 Antiz skateboards owl model deck fell out! They gave me a free deck!!! I'm not a big fan of 27mm boards but that's a super nice thing for them to do! (Not sure if it was a gift or just a mistake that it landed in my package but... cheers!!!)
Back to top Go down
mikkolangot
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
mikkolangot

Setup : Main Setup:
FlatFace G13
Blackriver Trucks Rad Red 2.0
FBS Extra Smooth
FF BRR Edition wheels (black)

PostSubject: Re: Closeup bearing wheels   Closeup bearing wheels EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Close up are great with customer service. I had a defective complete before I sent the pics and they replaced it for free. Manu is a great man. And yeah their bearing wheels comes with a hanger coz it will not fit on the hangers included with the complete. I recommend to ask Xi if you have any questions regarding close up.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Closeup bearing wheels   Closeup bearing wheels EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:46 am

Haha, the gift is perfectly normal. Close Up regularly give free gifts like that! You always get the standard stickers but other extras I have gotten from my previous Close Up orders were: a pair of G2 trucks, a G3 deck and a G4 complete. That was from before I got sponsored by them, the sponsor pack I got from them was insane!

As for the wheels, I'm not sure what the problem is but I am guessing it might be that the back of the wheels are catching on the truck hanger. If this is the case, you should be using 2 microwashers or a millimeter piece of pivot cup on the axle at the back of the wheel. Honestly, I think these are the best wheels for the urethane grip, nice shape, realistic colouring, printed text, smooth bearings and the great value.

If you have any other questions, reply to this thread and I'll try and answer.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Closeup bearing wheels   Closeup bearing wheels EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:39 pm

im thinking of buying this wheels how much aare they??
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Setup : Berlinwood
BRT's
Winker's

PostSubject: Re: Closeup bearing wheels   Closeup bearing wheels EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:53 pm

there the worst wheels ever, too soft so they dont roll and the bearings fall out well mine and my friend toms' did, wouldn't recommend them at all. get some g6's!
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

Companies : Music, FB, SB, Sporting
Setup : Woodguest Deck
FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Closeup bearing wheels   Closeup bearing wheels EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:10 am

im pretty sure they are metalcore not bearing but i could be wrong. also they look realllyyyyy small.
Back to top Go down
MartinRobs
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
MartinRobs

Propaganda trucks (gold)
Bollie wheels (red)
Foamy greatness tape

PostSubject: Re: Closeup bearing wheels   Closeup bearing wheels EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:36 am

They are bearing. I have both kinds.
Back to top Go down
TraceKaiser
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
TraceKaiser

Setup : Blosom
BRTs
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Closeup bearing wheels   Closeup bearing wheels EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:45 pm

willhopewell wrote:
there the worst wheels ever, too soft so they dont roll and the bearings fall out well mine and my friend toms' did, wouldn't recommend them at all. get some g6's!

No idea what you're talking about

I've owned several sets, having been sponsored by them for a number of years, and never had a problem with them

They have a very unique feel, but they aren't "too soft" by any means.

Otherwise yeah, I'd recommend using washers or pivot material, should hopefully sort it out for you!
Back to top Go down
MartinRobs
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
MartinRobs

Propaganda trucks (gold)
Bollie wheels (red)
Foamy greatness tape

PostSubject: Re: Closeup bearing wheels   Closeup bearing wheels EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:08 pm

I put them on my propaganda trucks and they seem to be working fine. They don't stay as straight as they would (with my bollie's) but they do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Closeup bearing wheels   Closeup bearing wheels EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:46 am

Noel wrote:
im thinking of buying this wheels how much aare they??

From Close Up, I believe it is 14.90EUR without shipping. You could just look this up yourself. happy

www.closeup.fr

willhopewell wrote:

>there the worst wheels ever
Genuinely, these wheels are my favourite ever.

>too soft
They are certainly not "too soft", it's all a matter of preference but I prefer softer wheels. It's what skateboards use too.

>so they dont roll
This is bull faeces. I could make a video right now showing you how well my wheels roll.

>and the bearings fall out well mine and my friend toms' did
All of my current model of Close Up wheels have never had this problem. My old model of Close Up wheels did have 1 bearing come out but seeing as I've had them for 3 years, this is not bad. Still, I popped it back in and the wheel still works great and is my favourite set of fingerboard wheels and it's not come out since. If you have tried to use the bearing wheels in the normal G4 trucks (that come from the complete), this might have happened; you should use the hangers that come with the wheels as they are specially designed for bearing wheels.

As always, if you had a problem with the wheels that you would put down to manufacturing errors, contact Close Up or your distributor for a replacement. I honestly think Close Up have one of the best customer service ever. It should be no problem for them to send a replacement.

>wouldn't recommend them at all
I recommend these wheels to everyone.

>get some g6's!
If you want a standard hard wheel, G6s are OK. Personally, I think G6s are too ordinary and the only thing they have going for them is that there are some that come in unique colours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closeup bearing wheels   Closeup bearing wheels Empty

Back to top Go down

Closeup bearing wheels

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1