Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalhow to nollie! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how to nollie!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
njfingerboarder
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
njfingerboarder

Setup : Riddler deck,dump trucks,Flat face G6 white,new riptape, O RINGZZZZZZZ!!!!!

how to nollie! Empty
PostSubject: how to nollie!   how to nollie! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:20 pm

I CANT NOLLIE! :shock:
Back to top Go down
Daniel.H
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daniel.H

how to nollie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to nollie!   how to nollie! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:18 pm

weakfingers tutorial on youtube taught me
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

Companies : Proud rider of Northwoods performance fingerboards; Fingerboarding, skateboarding, reading, writing, gaming, electric guitar, vaping
Setup : Northwoods BIGSTIC complete FIRE series

how to nollie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to nollie!   how to nollie! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:14 am

Man, this is a hard maneuver to learn. Not very hard to do after learned, but learning it just sucks.

The way I learned was by learning to ollie switch stance, or the opposite direction you'd normally roll your fingerboard. That's how *I* learned, but a lot of people told me that learning the regular nollie was easier for them.

I guess the only way to do it is for you to practice. Just.. Keep trying and learn to ollie with the opposite end of the board. Similar to learning to write with the opposite hand, I suppose.

Here is one tip, though. If you learn to ollie switch stance first the way I did, try leaning your body toward the outside, allowing yourself the most control of your board. When you pop it, focus on your front finger. In regular stance, you don't think about it. Your front finger naturally aids in the ollie. In switch stance, you're not going to be thinking about that, and it's usually hard to figure out what's wrong. Pay attention to your front finger and make sure it's doing its job. At the position I described a few lines back (to the best of my ability... :/ ) you should be able to pull the board into an ollie motion by pushing your hand outward after the pop. I found it easier to focus on both nollies and switch ollies when I was concentrating on landing it into a 5-0 on a very small ledge (such as a book).

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/guitarmeetsjake
njfingerboarder
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
njfingerboarder

Setup : Riddler deck,dump trucks,Flat face G6 white,new riptape, O RINGZZZZZZZ!!!!!

how to nollie! Empty
PostSubject: THANKS   how to nollie! EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:41 am

guitarmeetsjake wrote:
Man, this is a hard maneuver to learn. Not very hard to do after learned, but learning it just sucks.

The way I learned was by learning to ollie switch stance, or the opposite direction you'd normally roll your fingerboard. That's how *I* learned, but a lot of people told me that learning the regular nollie was easier for them.

I guess the only way to do it is for you to practice. Just.. Keep trying and learn to ollie with the opposite end of the board. Similar to learning to write with the opposite hand, I suppose.

Here is one tip, though. If you learn to ollie switch stance first the way I did, try leaning your body toward the outside, allowing yourself the most control of your board. When you pop it, focus on your front finger. In regular stance, you don't think about it. Your front finger naturally aids in the ollie. In switch stance, you're not going to be thinking about that, and it's usually hard to figure out what's wrong. Pay attention to your front finger and make sure it's doing its job. At the position I described a few lines back (to the best of my ability... :/ ) you should be able to pull the board into an ollie motion by pushing your hand outward after the pop. I found it easier to focus on both nollies and switch ollies when I was concentrating on landing it into a 5-0 on a very small ledge (such as a book).

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
TheGertz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
TheGertz

Setup : riding a four corner fingerboard, all stock.

want something a little different, though.

how to nollie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to nollie!   how to nollie! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:16 am

Hey,
I'm having a lot of trouble learning nollies as well.
I try the same motions as olling, but with my index finger.
Should I be doing something else?

Also, do people ever fingerboard with their left/not dominate hand?

Last edited by TheGertz on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix spelling mistake)
Back to top Go down
http://www.glassfingers.net
Tim Lowery
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tim Lowery

Companies : filming, baseball, and self pleasuring
Setup : Redemption NM
BLUEFLY WIDES
FBS ES
FlatFace G6 D Black

how to nollie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to nollie!   how to nollie! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:59 am

i have foe the lols
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardknoxfbs.com
Tom M
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Tom M

Companies : Gaming, CS1.6 & CS2D

how to nollie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to nollie!   how to nollie! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:10 pm

learning nollies is like when you first learned ollies but maybe even harder since you're already used to poping with the other finger I guess. I still can't get them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

how to nollie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to nollie!   how to nollie! Empty

Back to top Go down

how to nollie!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1