Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalCred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CredFingerboards
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : Cred Fingerboards.com

Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale Empty
PostSubject: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Hey all. I would like to introduce myself, my name is Ken and I am with Cred Fingerboards. I have been a fingerboard enthusiast since the mid-1990's and a lurker of this forum for a few months. A great community you all have here! This may sound like a cheap plug for our new line of fingerboards, but I just wanted to make you aware of our product and what we offer.

What makes a Wood Cred Fingerboard different than other fingerboards?

Unlike some of the competitors, we lacquer our boards with the finest finishes to offer a smooth and shiney look. The smoothness makes it a great finish to allow for super smooth nose, tail and board slides without getting caught up on your object you are fingerboarding on.

Simply put, our boards look pretty bad ass when complete! Our complete includes:

• (1) Wooden Deck - Your Choice: Red, Ebony, Orange, Dark Blue, Green, Zebra, and Plain Maple
  • (4) Wheels w/Metal Bearings - Your Choice: Light Blue, Dark Blue, Red, Yellow, Black, and White
  • (2) Colored Trucks - Your Choice: Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, Chrome, and Black
  • All Necessary Hardware
  • (1) Sheet of Pre-Cut Cred Grip Tape
  • (1) Skate Tool
  • (1) Cred Sticker
Price: $19.99 w/FREE Shipping Worldwide
Special Introductory Offer for fingerboardhq members: Enter Coupon Code "FingerHQ" from our web store @ shop.credfingerboards.com and take $1 off your order. Let us know what you think!

Our Product is Available Now @
credfingerboards.com
www.amazon.com
www.ebay.com

Thanks for your time!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here or email us @ info@CredFingerboards.com
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:34 pm

China?
Back to top Go down
CredFingerboards
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 3:30 pm

RyanMarshment wrote:
China?

Hi Ryan!

Our trucks, wheels, and grip tape are manufactured in China. Our goal was to offer our boards as a Complete package and to keep the cost down, we are including these so you have everything you need. From our industry research, other board Completes in the same price class, also offer trucks, wheels, and grip tape manufactured in China. All of our decks are hand finished in the USA. The gloss finish is dried in fresh Pennsylvania country air! happy

Thanks for the question,
Ken
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 3:33 pm

china!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:30 pm

I wonder how people are going to accept the trucks and wheels and stuff...

I mean if he gives back to the scene it's okay... right?
Back to top Go down
CredFingerboards
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:37 pm

MaxL wrote:

That's a great question Max and with that said, I have a question for those against/concerned with the Trucks, Wheels, and Tape manufactured in China. If we offered just our boards separate, with no Trucks, Wheels, or Tape, for a lower price, would you still be interested in the board itself or would you have no interest due to the fact we offer parts manufactured in China? It's a legitimate concern and I totally understand the backlash against the whole China thing.

We do have plans to give a few of our boards away for people to test and give feedback on and definitely are not like other companies who do not give back to the community. Your honest feedback will be helpful to the success of our boards.

Thanks!
Ken

Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:50 pm

CredFingerboards wrote:
MaxL wrote:

That's a great question Max and with that said, I have a question for those against/concerned with the Trucks, Wheels, and Tape manufactured in China. If we offered just our boards separate, with no Trucks, Wheels, or Tape, for a lower price, would you still be interested in the board itself or would you have no interest due to the fact we offer parts manufactured in China? It's a legitimate concern and I totally understand the backlash against the whole China thing.

We do have plans to give a few of our boards away for people to test and give feedback on and definitely are not like other companies who do not give back to the community. Your honest feedback will be helpful to the success of our boards.

Thanks!
Ken

That's what I mean... Like are people going to see this as a china complete? Or are they going to see it as a deck with some introductory stuff...?

I'm unsure of how I feel about it.
Back to top Go down
avrilsk8terfan012
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avrilsk8terfan012

Companies : Fingerboarding for life!!

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:44 pm

This is a good setup for a beginner or for those who don't have a big budget happy
Plus I think that the decks look sick so it will probably be worth buying a complete.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/avrilsk8terfan012
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:56 pm

CredFingerboards wrote:
Unlike some of the competitors, we lacquer our boards.

heh.. ^

it all looks China. Even the decks.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:08 pm

I might believe that you buy china decks and lacquer them yourself, but nothing else.

Also, for giggles..
"How can you offer your complete fingerboards so cheap?

We can offer our complete fingerboards at such a low price because we want to pass on the savings to you and earn your trust as a new company."

Doesn't make you sound very CREDible, eehhh? very happy:D:D

(I know. lol)

Even if you make the decks yourself, you're clearly in it for the money, otherwise why would you have not talked to people in the scene before selling on your website, amazon, and ebay? I know there's more money in china shit than most fingerboarding and it sucks. If, and I don't believe it at all, you make your own decks, and care about fingerboarding, stop selling china stuff, and support actual fingerboarding.
Back to top Go down
CredFingerboards
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 10:16 pm

Thanks for all of the comments and concerns! Do you all dislike ALL fingerboard companies that hardware is manufactured in China? My friend, who is also big into fingerboarding, purchased a limited edition puzzle piece final run (I'm sure you know which company I am referring to) for around $80 that came with trucks & wheels both manufactured in China. One would think for $80 you would get higher quality hardware as the fingerboard itself is not worth $80. Was he dissatisfied with the hardware? No, it worked fine, but for $80 he should have gotten much better quality. We are offering a Complete board for just $19.99 ($18.99 with the special coupon code just for posters here). Our hardware is manufactured in China, but for the price just like the competitor offers, we are more cost effective rather than trying to profit from it. This is more aimed towards the budget friendly minded people and beginners to get into fingerboarding. Are you not into China hardware? Then I guess this Complete isn't for you then, sorry we can not live up to your standards.

As Kerry mentioned in another thread, the cost for custom made trucks is very expensive and we would like to offer a complete package to our customers at an affordable price. Again, this may not be the best complete for those with higher standards, and we totally understand that. Feel free to spend more money on much of the same product elsewhere. As being an avid fingerboarder for 10+ years, I enjoy this hobby and would like to offer an alternative product for those who are just getting into the hobby. Being accused of being in it for the money is a kick in the nuts for the time and money to get this idea off the ground. With that said, I do expect some type of return just like any other company I am sure. I could get greedy and charge upwards of $25+ for roughly the same product that other companies offer, but I choose to make it a more affordable product to reach the hands of potential new fingerboarders for the community.

As for giving back to the community, you have to have patience and acceptability as we are just getting started. If we can't have either, we will be unable to give back to the community and be just like every other company that does not. We do have plans to give back, you just have to give us that opportunity.

Here is some proof that we do make our own decks. Two decks that are molded and ready to be cut out and finished and one that is fully assembled. Yes, with that dirty China hardware...ewww!

Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale Photo9

Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:33 am

I'm sorry if I come off as wrong but just the way you type makes you sound like a sales man. I don't know your intentions but I would highly suggest that you ditch the china stuff and if your decks are good enough use the money to make your own wheels and sell those. China trucks are really the only understandable thing to sell since not everyone can spend $70 on trucks. Like I sad, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything it's just the way your comments are typed makes you sound like your just another person selling china products to make money.
Back to top Go down
CredFingerboards
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:09 am

RyanMarshment wrote:
I'm sorry if I come off as wrong but just the way you type makes you sound like a sales man. I don't know your intentions but I would highly suggest that you ditch the china stuff and if your decks are good enough use the money to make your own wheels and sell those. China trucks are really the only understandable thing to sell since not everyone can spend $70 on trucks. Like I sad, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything it's just the way your comments are typed makes you sound like your just another person selling china products to make money.

Thanks Ryan, I respect your opinion! We will look into better wheels in the future.
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:39 am

I'm going to agree with the make your own decks and if they sell well enough then ship em with china trucks. Try and see if you can get your own wheels made and not ordered in? I mean Mike Schneider sells China Trucks on Flatface.

Also you have to actually like put something back into this scene you can't just like "I TAKE YOUR MONEY" you need to donate to events and help them out etc etc
Back to top Go down
Labrador_FB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Labrador_FB

Companies : Labrador Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:10 am

You're talking about No Comply's sale yes? The wheels in the package weren't china- Todd makes the wheels.(:
Back to top Go down
GoFingaBoarding
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GoFingaBoarding

Companies : Just Fingerboards, Fingerboarding
Setup : Forgiven Fingerboards Old mold, Tech Deck wides with Teflon tuning, Flatface G6Ds and 4cfingerboards Tape.

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:22 am

china - First Taking over the world, Now, Taking over my beautifull world of fingerboarding /:
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:11 am

CredFingerboards wrote:
My friend, who is also big into fingerboarding, purchased a limited edition puzzle piece final run (I'm sure you know which company I am referring to) for around $80 that came with trucks & wheels both manufactured in China.

No Comply's wheels are not made in China. They're actually really amazing. I have 3 different models (V6s, Roll9s, Buttas) and the quality has been consistently high in each set. I would also say that they are the best value wheels on that side of the Atlantic.

GoFingaBoarding wrote:
china - First Taking over the world, Now, Taking over my beautifull world of fingerboarding /:

I would hardly call it taking over fingerboarding. Tech Deck have dominated the market with Chinese made products for years but it is still acceptable. I dislike these China topics in general as they happen way too much with very generalised views. It's easy to just place the blame on China but the influence on the scene can equally be blamed on greedy distributors and customers that buy the products. Sure, the cost of production is cheaper in China but if other people are buying it and importing it, then they are the cause of Chinese products being a part of the scene.

I have no true feelings either way about this as I think people should be able to choose who they wish to support. It is unfair to generalise all Chinese people in a negative manner, I may easily do so in the same way to Westerners.

Being on the Close Up team, I feel I should also make another good point. Close Up trucks were the first fingerboard trucks that featured a single axle (they have other standard features like paint jobs, branding, larger rectangular baseplate, silicone bushings, conical metal washers, flush kingpins, 23 or 29mm sizes). They have managed to make a really awesome truck and have kept it at an amazing low price. You can buy a complete for €22 + €3 shipping and a pair of trucks separately costs less than $10 at Swat.cz (without handling).

Obviously, I hate to deviate from the main topic of discussion so I would like to wish you luck on this endeavour. Should you want me to review anything, feel free to ask. I write detailed reviews; see the Reviews board for my previous reviews.
Back to top Go down
GoFingaBoarding
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GoFingaBoarding

Companies : Just Fingerboards, Fingerboarding
Setup : Forgiven Fingerboards Old mold, Tech Deck wides with Teflon tuning, Flatface G6Ds and 4cfingerboards Tape.

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:12 am

Xi always has such an amzing thing to say about china! hahaha he knows everything about themm loll!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:29 am

Peter.A wrote:
china!!!!!!!
ironic

anyway, this guy doesn't use China products the way most companies do, 20 for a complete? the deck would probably be $15ish anyway? so its like $5 for tape, trucks, and wheels.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:41 am

^its not about cost, its just a bad thing, hands down. Mass produced fingerboarding shit, what ever country its made in, is bad. The trucks are okay, and no fingerboard tape is purpose made, so thats okay too.. but the wheels? They're the bad thing.

If those are your decks, then sell them, maybe even with tape, and leave it at that. The deck picture you showed us set up looks WAY more mellow than the other pictures. The other pics look like china decks. The new picture looks like a deck that needs more work on pressing, as its too thick imo. Nice shape though.
Back to top Go down
DavidAntonsen
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DavidAntonsen

Companies : Fingerboarding,Pc games,music.
Setup : None at the moment

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:49 am

Just start a deck company and loose the china stuff. Maybe sell trucks but the other stuff is just gonna get you hated.
Back to top Go down
CredFingerboards
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:44 am

kerryDETH wrote:
^its not about cost, its just a bad thing, hands down. Mass produced fingerboarding shit, what ever country its made in, is bad. The trucks are okay, and no fingerboard tape is purpose made, so thats okay too.. but the wheels? They're the bad thing.

If those are your decks, then sell them, maybe even with tape, and leave it at that. The deck picture you showed us set up looks WAY more mellow than the other pictures. The other pics look like china decks. The new picture looks like a deck that needs more work on pressing, as its too thick imo. Nice shape though.

Thanks Kerry. When I read all of the "China!!" comments, that is what baffles me. I could make the same crap wheels here in Pennsylvania and then what? "USA!!" It's the mass produced part that the fingerboarding community is against, that is what I wanted to know.

Thanks for all of the comments and tips!
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:12 pm

China is hated because the people that make the china stuff are most likely in it for the money. I mean why else are people going to buy bulk for dirt cheap and re sell them? Plus I'm sure the profit isn't going back into fingerboarding. I could be wrong but I'm sure if it was china products would be way more high quality products.
Back to top Go down
CredFingerboards
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:26 pm

RyanMarshment wrote:
China is hated because the people that make the china stuff are most likely in it for the money. I mean why else are people going to buy bulk for dirt cheap and re sell them? Plus I'm sure the profit isn't going back into fingerboarding. I could be wrong but I'm sure if it was china products would be way more high quality products.

I feel that. I don't think you are wrong on the quality aspect of the wheels. They can make them dirt cheap and sell them dirt cheap and I'm sure still profit from them. I'm sure with enough negotiation they could make a higher quality wheel, but then again the price would go up and in turn a higher end price for the consumer.

Our plan is to take the wheels, offer them to someone just getting started or who care less about wheels and more about the board itself, and take the profit and invest in higher quality products. We have a few other fingerboard related products in the works, but the sale of our product will aid in getting those products to the storefront.

The goal is to shy away from the China stuff for sure! But if you know someone who is looking for an affordable wooden complete, keep us in mind.

Thanks
Ken
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:53 am

Xi wrote:
Close Up trucks were the first fingerboard trucks that featured a single axle.

Public Xi!

Anyway.

Hi Ken.

I must first ask... do you fingerboard yourself?

It seems to me almost like you have no interest for fingerboarding at all. Also whether or not you make the decks is still a mystery. Someone asked if they were China. You said that everything was china but the deck, which was hand finished in the USA. Hmmm, sounds like your trying to be clever with kids and mislead people.

And drawing round a deck onto a flat piece of wood isnt hard. It wasn't the best way to prove that you make the decks yourself.

It seems like you've joined the forum soley to promote your company.

:?:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale   Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale Empty

Back to top Go down

Cred Fingerboards - Introductory Sale

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next