Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGood cheap truck+wheels combo? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good cheap truck+wheels combo?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
captainidontno
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
captainidontno

Companies : skateboarding
Setup : Red Nova
Dump Trucks
Rip
closeup wheels

Good cheap truck+wheels combo? Empty
PostSubject: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:33 pm

Im looking for some trucks (30ish mm), and wheels if possible, that are less than $20ish together.
Any suggestions?
I was looking at people's republic completes on youtube. Are the trucks and wheels very good?
thanks

Edit: I also was thinking of getting a tech deck expert sk8 for the wheels and trucks.
would the people's republic be better?
Back to top Go down
Peter
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:07 am

People's Republic = China..

They don't support the scene... So don't support them. Just go Tech Deck if you can't upgrade to Ytrucks or BRRs and quality wheels. Some companies also sell standard wide trucks at a cheap price... Flatface, No Comply, Reks, etc.
Back to top Go down
Flippedoutfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Flippedoutfb

Companies : FingerPrintRamps.
Setup : 32mm yellowwood wasp deck,Ytruck32mm x4 ed whitecolor with oak acid green wheels.derik j handmade 32mm deck with brr32mm trucks ff brr edition wheels.30mm,Yellowood dl headset graphic,blackriver trucks,FF G7O dual wheels.THose are my main 3 sets at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:41 am

They are decent trucks china but decent, they do have allen head king pins and bearing screws, I got some b4 my brr trucks and still use them on another set up, broken knuckle who sells the ppl's republic stuff also have some trucks that he custom paints and have a phillips head style kingpin they are a little more but preform well.there aresome wheels on ebay that are from a seller from minnosota they are listed as being made on a lathe and run 15.00usd, you might try those out he also sells trucks as well the name is Suprme Fingerboards, dont know anything about them but they caught my eye.
Back to top Go down
beastyjwillcox
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
beastyjwillcox

Setup : yellowwod barong brr trucks winklers white

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:02 am

Get dump trucks and icons
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

Companies : Music, FB, SB, Sporting
Setup : Woodguest Deck
FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:21 am

Propaganda 2tone Trucks + NoCo wheels.
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:18 am

New king pin trucks, its only $20.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am

I think most people are fine with Chinese products as long as it's distributed by a reputable company that supports the scene.

I recently discovered Soldier Bar who sell pretty nice tuned trucks and bearing wheels for a low price. Unfortunately, you can only buy it if you are in China.

A really good cheap truck are Close Up G4 trucks, available at Swat.cz; They have many colours, a single axle, 29mm width, silicone bushings, conical washers and many features that make them much better than standard China trucks or Tech Deck wide trucks.

As for good cheap wheels, I also have to recommend Close Up bearing wheels. They're really nice as they have soft urethane for a smoother ride, branding on the wheels and it's at a really good price. These are my favourite wheels out of everything I own and have tried. You can buy these from a number of places.

I know I'm sponsored by Close Up but I hate to sound biased... I just genuinely believe those are the best options.

You also mentioned TD Expert Sk8, they're $15 for the complete but the trucks and wheels have a small number of issues that I covered in my review. Notably, the hanger shape exposes the kingpins which gets in the way of grinds, the trucks are not compatible with most other bearing wheels due to the tiny axle space, the bearings and wheel occasionally separate and the material of the wheel itself is similar to the other TD wheels so it might not last a long time and the bearings have no shields. The bushings and washers on the trucks are good though.

People's Republic is how 4FCB have branded the mass produced products imported from China. For the price, you get what you pay for... it is functional and cheap but it's up to you to ultimately decide on the quality, price and who you will support.

Limiting your budget to $20 leaves you with very little options.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Good cheap truck+wheels combo? J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:35 am

I'm not a big fan of self advertising, but I sell China wides for $2.66 which is the cheapest I have seen so far.
The shipping is around the same tho, so it'd be around $5 total.
Dump trucks and propaganda trucks are China too if I remember correctly.

Anyway, if you want to buy a set, click my banner down below.
Back to top Go down
drogerija
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
drogerija

Setup : BW wide afrobi lasered
Brt's wide 2.0
tky + o-rings
Winklers green

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:24 am

best is to go to flatface site , for 33$ shiped u get dumptrucks + g6 wheels .

this is like litle expensiver , but worth it .
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:29 am

Bollie trucks, they only $13 , i don't know the trucks are china.
Back to top Go down
thomashines
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
thomashines

Setup : BRTS, flaked, and BRR edition G6's.

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:06 am

Bollie trucks screwed up my berlinwood because the screws would not go I'm all the way and made my bw's holes huge after I rode it for awhile..
Just use tech deck trucks.
I personally am never gonna stop using brts.
Back to top Go down
chiller123
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
chiller123

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:43 am

Well a great beginner setup would be redemption MMC with bollie/dump trucks and NoCo wheels, all are brilliant and at a fair price of around $50.
Back to top Go down
Tomi
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Different opinions:

Nocomply smoothies and nocomply trucks(china) from http://nocomplyfingerboards.com/catalog/catalog/index.php

OR

Dump trucks(china) and Bollie wheels from http://flatfacefingerboards.com/webstore/

You really can't get bearing wheels + wide trucks for under 20 bucks if you don't buy china wheels, which I don't recommend. But bollie wheels and nocomply smoothies are as good as bearing wheels IMO, so I recommend buying those.

Either ways you can always try to find some secondhand wheels and trucks from here, FFI, Youtube or Ebay.
Back to top Go down
captainidontno
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
captainidontno

Companies : skateboarding
Setup : Red Nova
Dump Trucks
Rip
closeup wheels

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks everybody.
I decided to get some dump trucks from flatface and wait on the wheels.
I have some old closeup metal cored wheels that I can use for now
Back to top Go down
brian84corvette
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
brian84corvette

Companies : skate park design / building - ramp48
Setup : noComply m2 wide - beautyful red bottom / top plys
flatface g12
ultra decks x2
mad lab decks x3
close up g4 ( awesome trucks - terrible deck )
broken knuckle peoples choice - best 16$ ever spent
as it got me in to the hobby again happy

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:43 pm

i got a close up g4 complete - that diddnt have bearing wheels - and the axle are shorter on this truck - and bearing wheels do not fit on it sad
also
the non bearing close up wheels came terribly not round. like the halves of the mold were mis aligned on 3 of the wheels pretty badly. - also my close up wheels do not fit on tech deck trucks ? the metal sleeve wont allow them to slide on to the tech deck trucks.. strange.

overall not stoked on the closeup.
and i use my broken knuckel churks and cheels wich are unfortunately better in my opinion.

cant wait for bbr and or y trucks to come my way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good cheap truck+wheels combo?   Good cheap truck+wheels combo? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good cheap truck+wheels combo?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1