Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalwheels with good traction ? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wheels with good traction ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brian84corvette
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
brian84corvette

Companies : skate park design / building - ramp48
Setup : noComply m2 wide - beautyful red bottom / top plys
flatface g12
ultra decks x2
mad lab decks x3
close up g4 ( awesome trucks - terrible deck )
broken knuckle peoples choice - best 16$ ever spent
as it got me in to the hobby again happy

wheels with good traction ? Empty
PostSubject: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:06 am

hey guys,

today was glorious indeed - my first set of not crappy wheels came in the mail today with my custom zink deck - i know its about time right... well i currently have my nocomply m2 wide setup with flatface g7 black wheels using bearing screw hangers with a pair of nc micro washers on each axle to space out the wheels to better fit the wide 32mm deck , perfect fit for standard 29 trucks to a 32 deck btw.

they roll fantasticly smooth.

i had no idea how that was going to be.. going from the broken knuckle china wheels on a few of my setups to the ff g7 wheels was like i cant believe i even messed with those things.

but - i find that they do lack grip still on the surfaces i use at my house.

mainly my formica bar stool counter top is the perfect height - and its perfectly smooth - but my wheels do not grip this surface at all. - i do have the trucks and wheels off a close up g4 complete on one deck - and the non bearing wheels altho bumpy rolling - seem to have the most grip ive ever felt on any wheel ive tried so far - wich is only a few.

so give me a schooling lesson please = what wheels have a ton of grip and roll smooth as silk ?
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:11 am

Oak wheels is so grippy and smooth, most of people using oak wheels for outdoors sesh. happy
Back to top Go down
brian84corvette
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
brian84corvette

flatface g12
ultra decks x2
mad lab decks x3

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:41 am

forgive me for not knowing - but oak wheels.

how are their bearing setup ? dual bearings or single ?

are they centralized or offset like the g7 wheels ?

and do they need washers to work corectly on td wides ?
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : wheels with good traction ? J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 am

Oak wheels are a polyurethane wheel. This makes them very grippy, like a real skateboard wheel.
www.oakwheels.com

A lot of substance wheels are grippy aswell, but not as much as a poly urethane wheel. Somewhere in between.
www.inexpfingerboard.com

Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:22 am

if you want grippier wheels that are still standard wheels.. winklers, or substance thc as (the green ones) if you can find them, as they're not made any more. Also flatface a material is quite grippy. If you want duals, the flatface ethan e material if that's still in stock is supposed to be amazingly grippy and smooth. probably your best bet.

oaks are good, but take a while to wear in to perfect smooth. and they're single bearing centralised.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : wheels with good traction ? J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:26 am

My THCb's are pretty grippy aswell. And generally all my Substances have a slight grip to them.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:22 pm

yea, if you can find a set of substance 2010 brr ed quartz wheels.. GET THEM. Do not hesitate, they're some of the best wheels in existence. never getting rid of my set happy
Back to top Go down
sweetbabies
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
sweetbabies

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:26 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
yea, if you can find a set of substance 2010 brr ed quartz wheels.. GET THEM. Do not hesitate, they're some of the best wheels in existence. never getting rid of my set happy

Yes, I took your word. someone is selling them with brt's for 46 bucks. Had to get them ahah.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 3:00 pm

I have some Close Up bearing wheels and metal core wheels. They have tons of grip and roll smooth as silk. I'm not even exaggerating, anyone can have a go on my setups and see for themselves. The Close Up bearing wheels are my favourite wheels ever. I have 5 sets of them and 1 set of the old Close Up bearing wheels which are pretty much the same. 1 more set of them is coming in the mail! Yay!

Some of the wheels might have some bumpiness issues but not all and they are very easily fixed. You can just use some sandpaper and just sand off any bumps, if any at all, or you can just use it normally and ride it smooth.

I highly recommend Close Up bearing wheels. You will also get a set of G4 hangers with axles that can fit bearing wheels when you buy a set of Close Up bearing wheels. The wheels are offset and you can use them on any truck.

The other main option would be Oak. However, you will need BRTs, Ytrucks or maybe Woodywood Fvcker trucks to be able to use them. Alternatively, you can file down your China wide trucks but unless you do that, you can't use Oaks on them. The wheels are centralised so you will fit that the axle will stick out if you use Oaks.

Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 3:56 pm

close up wheels are good and grippy.
Back to top Go down
brian84corvette
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
brian84corvette

flatface g12
ultra decks x2
mad lab decks x3

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:33 pm

my set of close up non bearing wheels are semi grippy - i will give them that - but they are so bumpy i hate using them...

are the new closeup bearing wheels cut on a lathe ? or are they still made from two halves of a mold and slightly un even sometimes like mine are ?
i would be extremely bummed if i bought a set of them only to have another bumpy lopsided set of close up wheels to sit in my box and never get use.
Back to top Go down
Dave C
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Dave C

Setup : Evolve
Y-trucks
FF g7's

Homewood M6
Td wides
G7 somethings

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Find some Eurollts!!!
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:13 pm

Dave C wrote:
Find some Eurollts!!!

I want them....
Back to top Go down
captainidontno
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
captainidontno

Companies : skateboarding
Setup : Red Nova
Dump Trucks
Rip
closeup wheels

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:04 am

brian84corvette wrote:
my set of close up non bearing wheels are semi grippy - i will give them that - but they are so bumpy i hate using them...

are the new closeup bearing wheels cut on a lathe ? or are they still made from two halves of a mold and slightly un even sometimes like mine are ?
i would be extremely bummed if i bought a set of them only to have another bumpy lopsided set of close up wheels to sit in my box and never get use.

I want to know this too. I've got a set of the molded metal cores and they are annoyingly bumpy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wheels with good traction ?   wheels with good traction ? Empty

Back to top Go down

wheels with good traction ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1