Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGetting back into the scene Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting back into the scene

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ConverseSkater
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ConverseSkater

Getting back into the scene Empty
PostSubject: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:01 am

Hey everyone fell Fingerboard HQ Members. My name is Seth Rodkin. I have been fingerboarding for about 9 years. I'm 34 years old and I live in Austin, Texas. I'm in the Airforce so I tend to move spaces a lot. I first started out in SL City Utah then 5 States later here I' am in Texas.

The main reason why I joined this forum is because I plan on getting back into the scene. When I was younger I remember being the cool kid having a Berlinwood with the Eurolts and Tech Deck Trucks. I started fingerboarding back in 04' when I was introduced to FlatFace.

Back then FlatFace was nothing, their roots were barely growing. Now a days FlatFace is the worlds biggest fingerboard company selling companies from all over the universe.

Yes you may wonder that I'am 34 years old and I fingerboard. It may seem strange to you because I'm growing up, But I still enjoy every second of it.

Back when I was an everyday fingerboarder I went to almost every meetup there was on every block on the street.

Today there are a lot of events all over the universe including Germany(Fast Fingers) & much more.

People may wonder if I have any part of my fingerboarding collection from when I first started, that is a yes I still do like some of the Eurolts and Pharmacy decks and Prete Kura.

The main question for me is why do I still fingerboard? why? because I enjoy the f%#^ out of it(I'm not cussing because there is little kids on here) And I just do it for fun and to support companies that are in it for the scene and not just money.

Now a days, what is a good complete for me? Tell me some ideas on cheap completes in the comments.

Thank you.

Seth R.
Back to top Go down
ConverseSkater
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ConverseSkater

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:07 am

some of my current decks/or should I say some that I used to have or still do.
Getting back into the scene Eurolt10
Getting back into the scene Eurolt11
Getting back into the scene P2006082145yx5
Getting back into the scene P2006082153vk5
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:10 am

last one looks NICE
Back to top Go down
ConverseSkater
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ConverseSkater

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:16 am

it's one of the older berlinwoods. I had Timo put a graphic on it for me. It's supreme.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:17 am

That's so sick.
And how rude of me. Welcome back man!
Back to top Go down
ConverseSkater
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ConverseSkater

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:19 am

thank you. I greatly appreciate the scenerio of the welcoming on this forum
Back to top Go down
grantinator
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
grantinator

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:31 am

Welcome back! and i must say that graphic is super awesome
Back to top Go down
ConverseSkater
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ConverseSkater

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:35 am

grantinator wrote:
Welcome back! and i must say that graphic is super awesome

Yes sir it is a sick graphic. As I'm aware there is only one Berlinwood made with this graphic.
Back to top Go down
brian84corvette
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
brian84corvette

Companies : skate park design / building - ramp48
Setup : noComply m2 wide - beautyful red bottom / top plys
flatface g12
ultra decks x2
mad lab decks x3
close up g4 ( awesome trucks - terrible deck )
broken knuckle peoples choice - best 16$ ever spent
as it got me in to the hobby again happy

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:37 am

welcome back - i just recently re joined the fingerboard club too happy

wide trucks are where its at.
most people now seem to like medium to low concave boards that are 30mm wide x 100mm long. and the growing trend is to try even wider like 31/32mm across.

black river trucks are sick - but $65 for trucks is out of the question.

i got a close up complete g4 and i hated the deck - but liked the trucks.
get bearing wheels on it if you get one.
Back to top Go down
ConverseSkater
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ConverseSkater

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:41 am

Brian wrote:
welcome back - i just recently re joined the fingerboard club too happy

wide trucks are where its at.
most people now seem to like medium to low concave boards that are 30mm wide x 100mm long. and the growing trend is to try even wider like 31/32mm across.

black river trucks are sick - but $65 for trucks is out of the question.

i got a close up complete g4 and i hated the deck - but liked the trucks.
get bearing wheels on it if you get one.

I only owned a pair of single BRT's itself when I was in Manilia, Philippines (sorry if I spelt it wrong -__-)
The owner of Dirty Fingerboards hooked it up fat on my vacation with the 3rd recruiters there.
Back to top Go down
ConverseSkater
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ConverseSkater

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:58 am

My Yellowood from 08' I have had this for 4 years.
Getting back into the scene Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj_58epi9cirSlintcM3elA1EX7Frj4jvpLXngl8hsgxECjt9b

My cruiser I got from Andre over at Low Pro.
Getting back into the scene Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyr3SjOvcqmeVGDGgDT4SmMGA51E_85knimjeX-Y5ENe7XC5G33w
Getting back into the scene DSC06478
Back to top Go down
grantinator
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
grantinator

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:32 am

wow you really have a collection full of super nice stuff im jealous
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:35 am

Damn! Welcome back! happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 9:57 am

its awesome you've come back, let me give you the most official welcome back to this place possible very happy

all that stuff looks soo cool - I'm not one for the 'ohmygodletsbuysupremeclothingohthey'reaskateshopididn'tknowimjustahipster' shit, but that berlinwood looks awesome to say the very least. G2s on it?

Really cool that you've come back to fingerboarding after soo long. You missed the injection of mass produced factory shitty products into the scene in the last year or so, dubbed 'china' products. The trucks are just like td wides, but steer clear of the other products, they don't really help the scene at all, they're just cheapy. Flatface sell the trucks under the name 'dump trucks' for 4 dollars, so that's cheap.

As for decks, cheap and mega nice decks are companies like Redemption, No Comply, Karma, probably lots more I cant think of as I just woke up. Cheapest fingerboarder made and readily available wheels would be from a new company, Icon Wheels. They look totally rad though!

Tape, I've always been a riptape fan, and it comes with bushings to tune the trucks you buy. Sorted. Don't buy the 'slim and catchy', which is the new riptape, if you're after the bushings, as they don't come with it.

You don't really see bearing screws or kingpins around any more, basically everyone uses professional trucks - but they're not that cheap, so maybe something to save up for. You cant beat BRR trucks I think, but I'd get a setup with dump trucks or something first happy

Hope that's useful happy
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:17 am

Oh shit i remeber those Yellowwoods.
Back to top Go down
ConverseSkater
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ConverseSkater

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:39 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
its awesome you've come back, let me give you the most official welcome back to this place possible very happy

all that stuff looks soo cool - I'm not one for the 'ohmygodletsbuysupremeclothingohthey'reaskateshopididn'tknowimjustahipster' shit, but that berlinwood looks awesome to say the very least. G2s on it?

Really cool that you've come back to fingerboarding after soo long. You missed the injection of mass produced factory shitty products into the scene in the last year or so, dubbed 'china' products. The trucks are just like td wides, but steer clear of the other products, they don't really help the scene at all, they're just cheapy. Flatface sell the trucks under the name 'dump trucks' for 4 dollars, so that's cheap.

As for decks, cheap and mega nice decks are companies like Redemption, No Comply, Karma, probably lots more I cant think of as I just woke up. Cheapest fingerboarder made and readily available wheels would be from a new company, Icon Wheels. They look totally rad though!

Tape, I've always been a riptape fan, and it comes with bushings to tune the trucks you buy. Sorted. Don't buy the 'slim and catchy', which is the new riptape, if you're after the bushings, as they don't come with it.

You don't really see bearing screws or kingpins around any more, basically everyone uses professional trucks - but they're not that cheap, so maybe something to save up for. You cant beat BRR trucks I think, but I'd get a setup with dump trucks or something first happy

Hope that's useful happy

Thanks for the input, KerryDETH.

I'm looking to buy some "Dump Trucks" just to start out with & a pack of riptape.

Then when I get my next pay check I'm looking to buy a Flaked. I have always loved them, Still have my Shortwoods from way back..
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:41 pm

nice story you had going. bye bye now holden. conviniently posting from an IP address the other side of america to where you claim to be, from where we all know holden comes from, and posting the same tell tale signs that let me know its you.

if in the off chance I'm wrong, which I'm about 100% sure I'm not, feel free to email me on kerry@unitefingerboarding.com . Holden is a kid who comes on, after being banned hundreds of times for scamming people, and he pretends to be other people.

But assuming I'm right, because I've done this enough times.. High five for a believeable story to a sleepy me, but you can fuck off now.

locked.
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:23 pm

lol kerry got fooled by holden...

Gotta follow the golden rule, mate!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the scene   Getting back into the scene Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting back into the scene

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1