Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortaltrying to buy a camera Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

trying to buy a camera

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

trying to buy a camera Empty
PostSubject: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:37 pm

i wanted to get some peoples opinions on these deals i found!

$300 for both a trv900 and gs120
or
$450 for a canon gl2

hard choice... i dont really need 2 cameras, but its a nice extra, and ill be able to afford a death lense if i go with the trv. i have $500, so i wont have a death lense for the gl2 for a while.
AND i will probably end up selling the gs120 for 150 or so.

so i really dont know. the gl2 is incredible quality. thats the only incentive lol

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:02 pm

get the gl2
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:19 pm

trv900 and death lens is what I'd do tbh. There's barely a quality difference.
Back to top Go down
sweetbabies
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
sweetbabies

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 pm

gl2 sucks at everything imo. trv is just like a mini vx1k. mix that with a baby death and stepup rings and it looks great. you should keep the 120, to use as a capture cam wink
Back to top Go down
TomasM
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TomasM

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:30 pm

sweetbabies wrote:
gl2 sucks at everything imo. trv is just like a mini vx1k. mix that with a baby death and stepup rings and it looks great. you should keep the 120, to use as a capture cam wink

The GL2 is a huge improvement from a GL1, so I wouldn't go as far as saying it sucks. The only problem I see with GL_ footage is that is looks muddy and the colours are green-ish.

Still go for the TRV, I loved mine to death.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Thanks all! I'll prob go with the trv and save a few bucks happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:03 pm

trv
Back to top Go down
FoamyFingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
FoamyFingers

Companies : Hardwood Fingerboards
Setup : 1st. HardWOOD Deck
Ytrucks X3 Blue
Black China Wheels.
China Tape.

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 5:35 am

listen to this, i know my fingerboard filming may not e so good but i film skateboarding like crazy i have a dvc30 with modteka. you CANNOT sell the gs 120
you need a capture camera. a capture camera is the camera you watch and upload on. you need it because if you playback any footage of a tape camera it reaks the heads witch will reck the camera and make it glitchy. so just take to tape out of the try and put it into the gs 120 to upload. THIS IS NESSASARY IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR CAMERA IN GOOD SHAPE!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:10 pm

thanks for the input foamy!

I MIGHT actually go with the gl2 if it comes with a deathlense.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:33 pm

yep, i went with the gl2!
the quality is way better and itll last me longer. and it comes with 3 batteries which i need with such a camera. ill have to wait to get a fisheye. i am content with my purchase XD
Back to top Go down
GoFingaBoarding
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GoFingaBoarding

Companies : Just Fingerboards, Fingerboarding
Setup : Forgiven Fingerboards Old mold, Tech Deck wides with Teflon tuning, Flatface G6Ds and 4cfingerboards Tape.

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Im seeling my trv900, its got a baby death 2 battieries 6 hour a handle a leather bad, and a fire wire, im selling all that for 550 if your intrestedd
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:49 pm

the deal i was looking at was just like that except it included a gs120, and was just $300...
i just bought a gl2 though anyways, so a bit late!
Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Companies : Filming, skating, and fingerboarding
Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:01 pm

It is your money, but I would've personally went with the trv. So what if the gl2 has a handle? You can make one yourself for the trv or buy one for cheap, get a fisheye, and you would have a cap cam. Gl2's aren't really worth it to me, sure I've seen some decent footage with them, but the trv is just a better option. Remember, just because it has a handle, it does not mean it is a superior cam. I'd put some videos up, but I'm too lazy to look for good ones.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:19 pm

I've compared the two. There's a few pro vids out there filmed with the gl2. Haven't seen anything like that with a trv though!
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:49 pm

I'd personally go with a dslr.... But.

Wait aren't you mega into photography?

Don't you have a dslr to shoot your pictures? Why not just use that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:49 pm

I have a NIKON D5000. That's been my filming camera for a year. And it SUCKS haha. 24fps doesn't cut it for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trying to buy a camera   trying to buy a camera Empty

Back to top Go down

trying to buy a camera

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1