Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalJT / MadLab decks - with content now :) Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JT / MadLab decks - with content now :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brian84corvette
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
brian84corvette

Companies : skate park design / building - ramp48
Setup : noComply m2 wide - beautyful red bottom / top plys
flatface g12
ultra decks x2
mad lab decks x3
close up g4 ( awesome trucks - terrible deck )
broken knuckle peoples choice - best 16$ ever spent
as it got me in to the hobby again happy

JT / MadLab decks - with content now :) Empty
PostSubject: JT / MadLab decks - with content now :)   JT / MadLab decks - with content now :) EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:07 am

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

so i placed an order from JT for two - and got a mellow mold for an extra 5
my package got lost in the mail
and JT sent me out a new one wich arrived speedily.

ill be back to fill in the more details about them in a few
im curently at work

Last edited by brian84corvette on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brian84corvette
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
brian84corvette

Companies : skate park design / building - ramp48
Setup : noComply m2 wide - beautyful red bottom / top plys
flatface g12
ultra decks x2
mad lab decks x3
close up g4 ( awesome trucks - terrible deck )
broken knuckle peoples choice - best 16$ ever spent
as it got me in to the hobby again happy

JT / MadLab decks - with content now :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: JT / MadLab decks - with content now :)   JT / MadLab decks - with content now :) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:10 pm

alright i feel bad for not coming back in and typing in any info yet on the 2 decks that jt made for me so here goes.

the red deck
is a "mellow mold deck" and its shape is 30x102mm
the red was sprayed on the deck a little bit thick for my liking - and there was also some grey sprayed on it that was not my style - so with a light amount of work i got the grey off with some nail polish remover - and continued to rub down the deck until the red was to my liking. after cleaning it off - it looks realley good and im verry happy with it.
the truck holes are drilled so that 7 screws went in buttery smooth and the 8th screw tried to fight me a little bit... but i did get it to go in.

as for the shape of the deck - i love it. its stated to be mellow - but i would say its more on the medium side of mellow. just a hint of concave on the rails of the board - and mellow medium ish kicks. = i asked for the nose and tail to be similar - and they are great.

i set this board up with the trucks and wheels from my close up g4 complete
and have been realley happy using this deck. its made well - its strong - it has nice pop and shape - and i find it to be visualy apealing wich makes me want to pull it out of my case more so than other setups in there to use. i find that i have tricks pretty consistant with this deck - and its verry user freindly

deck # 2 is the one in the middle
its a M&M mold deck 31x102 mm
i just pulled this from the package and put tape on and went right to asembling it.
all 8 screws went in with out much of a fight - but i noticed that one truck is sligltly not dead center of the board - and is also slightly crooked. and by slightly - im talking just the littlest bit... if i had a micrometer i would measure it - but i dont.

im not super stoked on the color of the deck - but it has great dark and light alternating ply colors on the 5 ply deck. the strange ML logo on the bottom is also not my fav. but o well. the deck is strong - shaped nicely - and has a good feeling when using it.
dispite the truck being off ever so slightly - the board skates good - and i have swaped some equipment around on it - trying diffrent trucks and wheels / bushing combos getting it to feel how i want it to... its been verry versitile - as its leingth is so long - and its also a bit wide - its a stable platform that performs nicely.
ive had about 15 diffrent kids try this deck while sessioning my obsticles at the skatepark i work at - and they all loved how big it was - and how consistantly they could land kickflip after kickflip with it. my co worker has been riding this setup also - and that little punk learned how to nollie flip with it the other day... haha ( i still have yet to master anything nollie )

overall
the JT mad lab decks are not what you get when you order a no comply or a flat face -
but i do enjoy them tremendusly - and i feel like it was money well spent ordering them.
i use them daily - and i lend them out to the kids that show intrest in fingerboarding at my skatepark and they all love them also.

thanks JT for my order bro
sorry it took me so long to do a write up on them..
Back to top Go down

JT / MadLab decks - with content now :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1