Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalUltra decks review - with content now  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultra decks review - with content now

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brian84corvette
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
brian84corvette

Companies : skate park design / building - ramp48
Setup : noComply m2 wide - beautyful red bottom / top plys
flatface g12
ultra decks x2
mad lab decks x3
close up g4 ( awesome trucks - terrible deck )
broken knuckle peoples choice - best 16$ ever spent
as it got me in to the hobby again happy

Ultra decks review - with content now  Empty
PostSubject: Ultra decks review - with content now    Ultra decks review - with content now  EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:12 am

pix
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

alrighty -
my package arrived speedily - and at the cost of 8 dollars usa it was a good price indeed.

they were not exactly what i was expecting to see.. as they have a unique shape to them thats for shure !
so since i wanted to give them a go - one came gripped already - and i put on a sheet of Broken Knuckle tape i had at the house ( i realley like that stuff = it doesnt even need wear in time to be good ) and assembled from my parts bin of crap.

visual inspection of the decks - the deck i asked to be made for me was to be 31mm wide by 100mm long - wich is the deck setup with black trucks with yellow bushings / white singlebearing wheels.
suprise
my extra deck was a 32mm by 100mm long deck - with a zig zag cut pattern split ply on him. - also wanting to try this out - i strait robbed the trucks and wheels off my tech deck old school board to use on this - as they are roughly 33mm wide as a setup and were the closest thing i had to 32 wide to match the deck.

any how - the shape
it seems like the side view profile of the board visualy would be barely any concave at all - wich is simply an optical illusion - as this deck has a verry gradual lip of concave that bows nicely from side to side - i would call it on the low side of medium concave - and medium to low side kicks as well.
but
my favorite part - is how the tails are shaped verry much like a V as they are more pointy - and less blunt than most tails are - being a skateboarder myself - i know this shape is similar to old alien work shop and habitat decks - and is amazing for frontside flips / hardfips on a real skateboard - so i was egar to test out this shape on a fingerboard.
my least favorite part
was the way the middle of the decks have a "sag" to them - like if you placed something heavy in the middle of the deck and it was bending down - is basicly how the shape of this is - wich causes the trucks to not sit dead even with eachother... like how some long boards have the angle shaped risers to lean the trucks out to steer harder... well the trucks sit like that on theese decks.... what does that do even for a fingerboard tho ? does it cause it to steer harder and take sharper turns ? or does it simply ajust the centerline of the axles to be slightly further twards the nose and tail - thus making it seem like it has a shorter nose / tail when riding the board ... ? im not shure yet
lol !

ive given each board a good workout at my job today on my picnic table i built - and so far - i realley enjoy using the 31mm deck - but thats probably because its setup with better parts than the other.
i have kickflips good on it - and its outstanding for 360 flips. realley like how this board does pop shovits and is verry comftorble feeling on the fingers with its shape - as neither the nose or tail or rail to rail concave is extreme in shape - its verry flowing feeling and a nice fun little deck to use.

im hoping soon to get more parts in - and put some better equipment on the 32mm wide deck.

my only complaint about the deck - is that there is a bunch of glue showing in the split ply areas = but this is not a big deal at all. its just a visual deterent. the deck performs nicely - has a solid feel - and is a rock solid bargan for $8 that i paid for it - and the fact that i was able to ask for it to be made to my specifications at 31mm at that price was amazing as well.

for shure i hope to do another order for a custom deck again - when i figure out my dimensions and specifications id like it to be - i will definately order another ultra for my collection happy
Back to top Go down

Ultra decks review - with content now

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1