Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWeird BRR trucks problem.. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weird BRR trucks problem..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Weird BRR trucks problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:25 pm

To cut a long story short, like, two of the mounting screw holes on one of my trucks have what seems like dethreaded, so the screw wont screw on any more, it just spins around constantly when pushed in.. And it made the trucks wobble, as it was the two front screws of the back truck. They were on fine, then they just came loose and wouldn't screw back up.. Tried other screws on the trucks, same problem. This is the second deck the trucks have been on, so its not like the screws have worn out through lots of wear.

I emailed BRR and put a teeny bit of superglue under the kingpin so that the truck is glued to the deck, haha.. Seems fine, and I can take it off, so, its not permanent, just keeps it from wobbling.

Still, its fucked up. Two dethreaded holes from what I can see.. Its not the deck as they WERE on fine, but then they came loose and wont tighten..

Anyone heard of this happening to anyone before? : o
Back to top Go down
TMG
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TMG

Companies : Bluefly Board Co.
Setup : BWNM/BRR trucks/Winkler D-rex blues/FBSes
FFG12/BRR trucks/Substance Quartz BRR's/ FBSes
FFG12/Y trucks United/FF G6E/FBSes

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:51 pm

yeah me...happened to my very first set. I emailed them too and they said there was nothing they could do about "stripped" holes, so I took it upon myself to fix em. I dont know if they have jb weld over there, but its like a 2 part metal epoxy. I took my trucks apart and put some tape on the bottom of the baseplate to seal off the holes. Mixed up some jb weld, took a tooth pick and filled the holes that were dead, let it cure, then CAREFULLY redrill it. Worked like a champ on my old old set...thats my only complaint about brr's is the basplates are pretty thin...
Back to top Go down
http://www.blueflyboardco.com/
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:59 pm

ahh really? I'd never heard of it before, nice to know I'm not the only one..
I'll see what they say, but, I'm guessing they'll give me the same response as they gave you..

I dont have a drill, wouldn't trust myself to do something like that.. looks like I'm gonna have to glue the trucks to any deck I get : o Good thing its only happened to two holes happy

I think they just need longer screws. Even on my bwnm, which is what they were designed to be used with, they barely stuck out the top of the baseplate, like, less than 1/4 of a mm I'd say..

I mean, they ride fine again now they're stuck to the deck, just, It'd be nice if BRR did something about it. I doubt they will happy
Back to top Go down
TMG
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TMG

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:04 pm

it was pretty nerve wrecking redrilling them lol...im interested in what they say too...
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:07 pm

You shouldnt have to glue £50 trucks to a deck...

Unlucky Kerry, hope you can sort it out.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:18 pm

yea, thats pretty much my thoughts alex..

We'll see what they say, but, I'm thankful I can atleast sesh them..
Shame that in trying to sort them out and being totally stressed I put like three massive holes in my tape, might have to retape it, but, I was gonna save that for a new deck as its the last bit of ex I have

I'll keep you guys posted with what they say, but going by the last time I emailed them it'll be like a week before I hear anything at least
Back to top Go down
TMG
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TMG

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:25 pm

Yeah I noticed that too about the length of the screws and the NM...I got a plan Im workin on...I'll let ya know if it works wink
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:05 pm

when i first got my brrs i noticed this too. i really didnt like the look of those big burly screws and that thin little baseplate.........i used my tech deck screws with them, which worked fine, but for some reason, well i think i read somewhere that the brr screws were 'specially' made for the trucks so i changed to them like a fool. when u first screw them in they are really tight, and you know its bending the metal.... its only a matter of 'how long' b4 the hole strips.....

another one of the reasons why ytrucks gets an extra tick.....they have threaded holes.. happy
Back to top Go down
ablair
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
ablair

Companies : www.oakwheels.com
Setup : Push M2
Wides
V6s
extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:08 pm

im gonna get ytrucks, 50 bucks? okay
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/slimFingerz
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Setup : Berlinwood
BRT's
Winker's

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:56 pm

that happes to td trucks all the time and brr , they need to develop a small nut like real skateboard trucks , because once the thread in the hole is gone then you need a whole new truck
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:57 pm

they should just take a leaf out of ytrucks book imo....
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:08 pm

willhopewell wrote:
that happes to td trucks all the time and brr , they need to develop a small nut like real skateboard trucks , because once the thread in the hole is gone then you need a whole new truck

I've been wondering why noone has invented this a LONG time now.. I've seen screws long enough.. iirc summit hardware screws are wayyy long enough, like, they're twice the length of td ones pretty much.. Someone should get them, and a nut like thing. Would be soo good, and screws could be used on any truck happy
Back to top Go down
ablair
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
ablair

Wides
V6s
extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:11 pm

new ytrucks autoblock! they would need to be even smaller though
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:17 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
willhopewell wrote:

I've been wondering why noone has invented this a LONG time now.. I've seen screws long enough.. iirc summit hardware screws are wayyy long enough, like, they're twice the length of td ones pretty much.. Someone should get them, and a nut like thing. Would be soo good, and screws could be used on any truck happy

when i used 2 ride a presissionboard fingerboard like 15 years ago, they had screws with bolts that would work.....so its possible....
Back to top Go down
ablair
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
ablair

Wides
V6s
extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:26 pm

really? are they still open?
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:47 pm

if it was done 15 years ago.. someone should start a new hardware company and sell mounting screws with nuts. Maybe also make them in different colours. Its something the fb world doesn't have, but needs, imo, decent mounting hardware, possibly available in colours.
Back to top Go down
ablair
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
ablair

Wides
V6s
extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:01 pm

that would be sick, im going to look into it
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:36 pm

On the actual topic of my trucks..

Got an email back from thomas hansen (brr guy for those who don't know)
He said about being careful to not overtighten the screws, and that it sounds like because the deck that I have now is a bit thicker, the trucks have lost their thread when being screwed back in place, and wont grip to the thread thats further down as the deck is thicker. He suggested some ways to solve it with superglue, but they didn't work. My truck is stuck down to the deck so I can use it, and I mentioned that this time.

He also said that if those things dont work then I need wider screws. I've never heard of any but the fact that he talked about them, seems they must exist, I asked him where you can get some, so, that might be interesting news for all of us, wider screws!

He was helpful and, my trucks are fully useable atm. If he has a place where we can get wider screws then, it'll be problem solved. And if not, at least I can still use my trucks happy
Back to top Go down
ablair
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
ablair

Wides
V6s
extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:38 pm

thats good! kinda seems like brrs have a lot of problems
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:40 pm

ive got some of the wider screws kerry......ill send u some if u want happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:02 pm

really? what are they like? where did you get them from? happy
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:06 pm

i got a couple somewhere me thinks....they came with the lowpro performance pack... there just like brr ones, just a little thicker...
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:10 pm

ahh, cool.. well, if brr guy doesn't give me a link to where to get some, they would be much appreciated happy He'll probably get back to me tomorrow so I'll let you know ^_^
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:19 pm

ok cool, there there if you need them happy
Back to top Go down
TMG
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TMG

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:00 pm

yeah the nut thing wont work cause the holes are right up against the hangar mounting area...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird BRR trucks problem..   Weird BRR trucks problem.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Weird BRR trucks problem..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1