Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalwriten review of oak wheels white plus Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

writen review of oak wheels white plus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

writen review of oak wheels white plus Empty
PostSubject: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:30 pm

as many of you know i ordered some oaks white plus. i was really excited and finally i received them after the long wait.

i set them up. nothing looks as good as oak wheels imo. they do look the sheet. i started to do a few tricks, the wheels were getting really dirty already, but i knew this would happen so i wasnt too fussed. they dont get dirty like other wheels though. the dirt stays on these, but i s'pose it adds to the realism of them.

ok, on with the moaning............the wheels were not perfectly round. so much so that when u ride them it makes a terrible noise and feels real bad because of the flatspots, mold marks etc. when u push the board by its self some wheels spin others dont, and the board comes 2 an abrubt stop because of this. nowhere else have i experienced this kind of 'feeling'. tech deck wheels roll smoother because they ARE round.....
ive been riding them for a few days now, and to be honest they have gotten a little better, but not much. also one of the wheels slipped off the bearing and i had to pop it back on....after this happened i realised ALL the wheels could be popped off the bearing......
also the other MAJOR gripe from me is that none of them spin evenly. its like they are all buckled. like when your bike wheel spins really wonky cos you've been riding up curbs...... now the wheels could wear down the mold marks, and roll alot smoother, but because the wheels spin buckled they are never gonna spin perfectly.......i sorted it out a bit by taking the wheels off the bearings, and putting them on straight, but the wheels are shaped uneven too....also they look really poorly made imo. mold marks, uneven holes, etc,etc,etc.....they are far from an o k set of wheels.

now on to the good points. the material IS lovely. really grippy, makes a lovely noise and would make an ideal outdoor wheel material imo. also they look the bomb too. but whats looks if she is braindead? also the stickers are nice, and they come wrapped up in a little paper bag.....

basicly i would'nt buy them again, if you dont believe me, go out and buy a set, but i would'nt recommend them at ALL....... they are over priced too. they are no way worth that sort of money, when far better wheels can be brought for the same....wheels that are round. like wheels should be.

oaks are far from perfect. they need work. alot of work. im hoping that in a few years all the issues will be sorted, then they WILL be a great set of wheels.
Back to top Go down
ablair
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
ablair

Companies : www.oakwheels.com
Setup : Push M2
Wides
V6s
extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:33 pm

hmmm, doesnt sound that great, im glad i didnt order them...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/slimFingerz
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:47 pm

ewww

i thought they were great, glad i didnt get a set
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:03 pm

nice review, good to get an honest opinion out there. I think a lot of people are 'BUT THEY'RE INNOVATIVE SO 10/10 EVEN THOUGH THEY DON'T ROLL PROPERLY' or '10/10 BECAUSE THEY SUPPORT THE REEL SEEN'

I really want to be supportive of oaks and try a set, but, no, its just not happening until they've designed a new wheel that gets over the problems I've seen soo many people have with their current gen of wheels. For a few quid more than oaks you can get g7.1s, and, thats what I ride, and love.

I wish I could have oak material in wheels that were dual bearing, and addressed the problems oaks have atm. When they can do that, I'll get a set for defs. But now? nope.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:08 pm

^youre right (even though i despise the z material)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:16 pm

Same kind of thing with my wheels, mine dont seem buckled and they roll as fast as any bearing wheel ive had. And the wheel hasnt popped off from the bearing, and it doesnt look like its going to unless its forced.
Mine still have the other flaws like not being round and feeling like they have flatspots.
I still like mine though, and they do seem to be getting better.

And nice pic Kerry XD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Boffey wrote:
And nice pic Kerry XD

lol yea happy

Soooo many people have them i thought that they were good
Blosom i talk to the owner (i forgot his name lol) alot ill see what i can do for ya happy
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

blosom wrote:
if you dont believe me, go out and buy a set, but i would'nt recommend them at ALL......

this made me lol
go buy some but i dont reccomend them :L

also moved to reviews happy
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:29 pm

dannyhynam wrote:
also moved to reviews happy
I was gonna do that, I forgot XD

Im gonna stick with my oaks, see if they get better.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:41 pm

was it not in reviews? lol didn't notice XD

I think not all oaks are as bad as this review describes, but they still have a lot of problems.. A fb wheel shouldn't flatspot unless you're skitching a car on a fb or something XD

And yea I got my haircut today : o not sure whether I'm happy with it or not, but, I'm glad its out my face, UBER long hair was getting annoying haha..
Sorry for offtopic ness there but people commented on it.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:42 pm

jacklilley wrote:
Boffey wrote:
And nice pic Kerry XD

lol yea happy

Soooo many people have them i thought that they were good
Blosom i talk to the owner (i forgot his name lol) alot ill see what i can do for ya happy

i really like my oaks...but they just have so many issues....im sure ricardo knows about them....he makes and sells them....its just if it was me who was selling them, i wouldnt be happy enough to sell them..end of
Back to top Go down
ablair
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
ablair

Wides
V6s
extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:01 pm

^ i see your point and it is for sure valid

but i mean idk i guess he is trying his best? other people seem to really like them, maybe you just got a bad set or something
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:11 pm

yep maybes? but they should all be the same...
Back to top Go down
ablair
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
ablair

Wides
V6s
extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:16 pm

yeah idk what happenned to your set
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:29 pm

have you emailed ricardo or w/e his name is about them? He seems a really legit guy, he might replace them happy
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:32 pm

yep i thought about it, but how do u explain stuff like buckled warped, uneven to someone who speaks spanish..
Back to top Go down
ablair
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
ablair

Wides
V6s
extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:33 pm

he speaks english dont worry hes fluent
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:53 pm

Do you not want them anymore ????
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:59 pm

why u wanna buy/trade?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Yea I need some outdoor wheels
Back to top Go down
Tim Lowery
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tim Lowery

Companies : filming, baseball, and self pleasuring
Setup : Redemption NM
BLUEFLY WIDES
FBS ES
FlatFace G6 D Black

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:29 pm

i love my oaks
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardknoxfbs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: writen review of oak wheels white plus   writen review of oak wheels white plus Empty

Back to top Go down

writen review of oak wheels white plus

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1