Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalPure deck review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pure deck review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sweetbabies
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
sweetbabies

Pure deck review Empty
PostSubject: Pure deck review   Pure deck review EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:08 pm

This is my first review, so I hope you guys like it.

First off, I would like to tell you guys about me and my relationship with Pure decks
I have been talking to Brian for a long time now and have ordered two decks from him. One amazing detail is that Brian is able to do custom shapes, like this deck, which has pointier kicks than average. Not long after getting the deck, I was asked by Brian to be on the team, which is really cool of him, giving me the opportunity to support company as amazing as Pure.

Pure deck review 6904263550_6e0edf043a
Pure deck review 7050359389_34af6fd442

Shipping
This deck took 4 days to ship from the USA to The Netherlands, which is amazingly quick, considering the hassle of customs. It came wrapped in bubble-plastic in a bubble mailer, so you don't have to worry about your deck breaking in the mail. In the package you can expect a sheet of Lovedrug tape (China), two pivot cups and a Pure sticker 10/10

Craftsmanship
The craftsmanship on these decks is amazing, especially keeping in mind that this had a custom shape, which would mean that he didn't have a template to work with. The rounding on these decks is amazing too. One thing i would prefer would be more rounded off sides of the decks, but this is only a preference. One downside is that there is not a lot of lacquer on the top, but this will be covered with rip/grip/fbs or whatever you feel like putting on it. 9.5/10

Performance
This deck performs just how you want it to. This may be my preference though, as I like decks with shapes on the mellower side. One thing that disappointed me was that popping with this deck was hard in the beginning, which may be caused by the long kicks. This took me about a day to get used to, so it's not that big of a deal. Because of the amazing lacquer on the bottom I found slides easy to do, even on my rough concrete curb. Even after sliding on this curb the lacquer had barely worn down, which adds to durability. 9/10

Overall
This deck is one of the best decks you can get for the low price. $13 dollars for a completely custom deck don't do the amazing craftsmanship justice, as it's up there with Kulture and Emanant. I really advise you to get a Pure as soon as possible, since these decks are way underrated. 9.5/10

Get these decks on http://puredecks.bigcartel.com/ or PM BrianC. on here or on FBHQ.
Back to top Go down
Cole H
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Cole H

Companies : Wave FB
Setup : Berlinwood Elias Assmuth New Mold
Wide Trucks
Flatface G6D's
Riptape

Pure deck review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure deck review   Pure deck review EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Good Review Man! I'm really tempted to buy a pure now.
Back to top Go down
Tomi
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Pure deck review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure deck review   Pure deck review EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Cole H wrote:
Good Review Man! I'm really tempted to buy a pure now.

Go for it happy

And nice review bruh
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

Pure deck review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure deck review   Pure deck review EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:34 am

If you don't have a pure already you should honestly just pick one up.

Brian makes amazing decks and I can gladly say that I use my Pure almost everyday.
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

Pure deck review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure deck review   Pure deck review EmptySun May 20, 2012 5:59 am

Nice, review, can you take a side pic of the deck.
Back to top Go down
Quinten Hull
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Quinten Hull

Companies : Skateboarding, Fingerboarding, Djing, Reading, Making videos, and Listening to music
Setup : BRR Deck, ClassA Bearing wheels, FBS FoamTape, ClassA Trucks, and Flatface Tuning Kit.

Pure deck review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure deck review   Pure deck review EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Nice review! now i just need for Brian to come on the HQ so i can send him my address!
Back to top Go down
clenke
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
clenke

Companies : I do stuff

Pure deck review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure deck review   Pure deck review EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:43 am

cool i mite get one when i have money.
good review to
Back to top Go down
clenke
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
clenke

Companies : I do stuff

Pure deck review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure deck review   Pure deck review EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:44 am

oops older then 2 weeks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pure deck review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure deck review   Pure deck review Empty

Back to top Go down

Pure deck review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1