Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalIntroducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AaronS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AaronS

Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! Empty
PostSubject: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:50 am

Figured I'd let all you guys know here that I have a new tape out for all of you!

I finally after months of testing product, getting packaging and stickers taken care of, I am finally done.

Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! IMG_20120606_223403

Each pack includes 5 sheets of uncut 701 Tape and a sticker for $8.00 shipped.

I also will be selling "Ramp Tape". I hand pick each sheet of 701 tape and the pieces I didn't think were up to par (which by the way has been taken care of now, me and my distributor had a talk and figured the problem out) so I cut them up into smaller squares for you guys to use on the bottom of your ramps. These will help them from sliding away from you while you are using them. Each pack of ramp tape will include 15, roughly 1" squares for $5.00 shipped.

The ramp tape packs will not have "fancy" packaging like the regular tape. Who knows how long I will sell them or if they will even sell. I figured I have them I might as well offer them to you guys, I can't use them all myself haha.

So check out the site http://701tape.com and order order order!

Reviewer's are picked and will be out within the next month or so but don't let that make you hesitate in trying them out happy

Last edited by AaronS on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://701tape.com
Lacquergloss
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Lacquergloss

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:43 am

how do people even make that kind of grip!? how thick is it? looks sort of like 2mm
Back to top Go down
AaronS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AaronS

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:00 am

It's 1.5mm.

And, a lottttttt of searching and testing materials is how you would acquire it haha. happy
Back to top Go down
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Setup : Berlinwood 29mm
Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:13 am

looks nice

could i review some if not that cool

after me sheets of rip tape runs out ill buy some

Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 am

it looks so sickk
I wanna review it wink
Back to top Go down
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : G12
Brt's
Oaks
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Luis Correia wrote:
it looks so sickk
I wanna review it wink

Kingsley. wrote:
looks nice

Lol, new kids.
But yeah, the tape does look a bit thick...
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Jay W wrote:
Luis Correia wrote:
it looks so sickk
I wanna review it wink

Kingsley. wrote:
looks nice

Lol, new kids.
But yeah, the tape does look a bit thick...

hAHAH ye it looks quite thick atleast its not china tape again.
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

Companies : Triigz Designs - Graphic Designer
Setup : Just got into fingerboarding, so currently still trying to build a nice setup. Got 4CFB yellow Trucks and white bushings with yellow bearing wheels. Gonna buy a Flatface G12 soon.

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Is it more of a smooth tape? Or does it have some pores?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/triigzhd
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Looks like it has pours.
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:44 pm

kinda Looks like redemptions tape which i do not like sorry to thick for me good luck with it though man very happy
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:45 pm

callumfb95 wrote:
kinda Looks like redemptions tape which i do not like sorry to thick for me good luck with it though man very happy

Like the old tape they gave out with hyrbids?? ye that tape is rubbish.
Back to top Go down
sebastiaanKruik
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sebastiaanKruik

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:57 pm

no they changed the tape
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:14 pm

sebastiaanKruik wrote:
no they changed the tape

Good job they did as the old one was shit i need a new redemption now ahha !
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:24 pm

callumfb95 wrote:
sebastiaanKruik wrote:
no they changed the tape

will you trade yor temple for a redemption?
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Noel wrote:
callumfb95 wrote:
sebastiaanKruik wrote:
no they changed the tape

will you trade yor temple for a redemption?

no sorry
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Some of your pictures look like that have really rough grip jobs, hahaha. Looks a bit thick. Good luck with this.
Back to top Go down
AaronS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AaronS

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:22 pm

I'll just give a quick summary of answers for everyone in this reply haha.

It is 1.5mm thick, riptape is 1mm thick, foamtape is 2mm thick.

It somewhat has pores I guess you could say, it is more a "smoothtape" in my eyes, but someone elses opinion may differ from mine on that.

I've tried redemption tape, not even close to be honest. I wouldn't even put them in the same category.

This is a different material then anything I've ever tried. I like it, the next person might not but we are all able to voice our opinions on that happy I've tried (if I can remember them all): riptape old/new, magic carpet, fbs, redemption, creekwood, and anchor tape. I think that is all, well, next to foamtape which is an absolute joke for fingerboards.

It's a smoother tape, very "cushiony" I guess you could say haha. It's kind of a trial and error deal, if you're not feeling it on one deck, try another. I have some on multiple decks but still rock riptape on some. I love them all honestly, I think everyone that has a tape has a great product, mine is just a little different and since I found some I thought I'd let the rest of you try.

A LOT of time has gone into this. It's my baby I guess you can say. Lot's of time and money invested into some foam basically, in hopes that you guys will like it and I can bring something different to the fingerboard world. I'm not in this for the money (I feel like I'm making myself seem that way). I want the cost of these as low as possible and that's why they are what they are at. I looked around and for 5 sheets at $8.00 shipped seemed to be the cheapest. This is one of those times cheap doesn't mean crap. I did this all myself. I work with a great guy that deals with foam that helped me find the right material, and a local printing shop helped me with the stickers and packaging. Each sheet I feel as I go through them all. I sort them all, package them all, and ship them all myself. If I thought this wasn't something good I wouldn't have put so much effort into all this.

I hope when the reviews are out it'll help everyone's decision on it. Kerry and Gary Chin are who I picked to review, two guys that are absolutely awesome in the fingerboard scene and I felt their opinions would mean the most. I'm not ignoring the people who ask to review but with as much effort as I put into these, I want someone who is known and reputable in the scene to voice their opinions of my product.

This ends my wall of text, have a great day guys. Any questions feel free to ask as I keep an eye on this site and ffi quite frequently. =)

Also, I can't shape worth a crap regardless of the tape. Hopefully Kerry and Gary can so they can get some good pictures. I'll snag a picture of my yellowood tape job since that is a lot better then previously pictured.
Back to top Go down
AaronS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AaronS

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Sorry for the double post, hopefully this looks a little better!

Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! 20120607_172506
Back to top Go down
Lacquergloss
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Lacquergloss

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Does it feel like lowpro tape?
Back to top Go down
AaronS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AaronS

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Lacquergloss wrote:
Does it feel like lowpro tape?

I know I've had a lowpro before but I don't think I've tried the tape. Sorry! Guess you better buy some and try for yourself happy
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:49 pm

This looks like the stuff I bought a while ago. It cuts the exact same. It had little pores and was too smooth to do anything.

Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Lacquergloss
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Lacquergloss

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:19 am

raymond wrote:
This looks like the stuff I bought a while ago. It cuts the exact same. It had little pores and was too smooth to do anything.

Maybe someone should make tiny finger shoes, and ride on real griptape.
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

Companies : Triigz Designs - Graphic Designer
Setup : Just got into fingerboarding, so currently still trying to build a nice setup. Got 4CFB yellow Trucks and white bushings with yellow bearing wheels. Gonna buy a Flatface G12 soon.

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:29 am

Hahaha Lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/triigzhd
AaronS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AaronS

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:43 am

raymond wrote:

Who knows! I really doubt it, this material is special ordered for me and from talking with my supplier it doesn't seem to be the most popular for whatever it actually is used for and said it doesn't come through much. He basically gets it only for me.
Back to top Go down
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Setup : Berlinwood 29mm
Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:42 am

Will you be looking for a distribution to sell it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!   Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS! Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing 701 Tape! - NEW PRODUCTS!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next