Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalPrices of fb stuff Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prices of fb stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:13 pm

Do you think some fb stuff is overpriced personally I think some stuff is eg a berlinwood or winkler wheels all the cheaper stuff is underrated eg those redwolf deck they look amazing and there so cheap same with redemption prices kinda annoy me now everythings getting so expensive eg the berlinwood compltes on brr (not the bollie ones) are ad much as a real skateboard! I'm gonna keep prices as cheap as possible on solid
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:23 pm

yeah, bw and flatface cost way too much for decks, i love how decks are getting really cheap though now, and alot of campanys make good ones,
redemption
owood
redwolf

berlinwood could probably make 15 decks from 35 euro's worth of veneer, so once they sell one, theyre making money
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:32 pm

Yup everything is ridiculusly overpriced
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:39 pm

brr stuff + what they distribute (bw, winklyys) is expensive, but, they put a lot back into the scene, so, its like supporting the scene buying from them.

And, yea, there are cheap alternatives. Yay that redwolf were mentioned! they'll be even more sick when the new mold comes in a few months happy

I think flatface prices are fair because they're not THAT expensive + mike also puts a fair bit into the scene with rendevous etc

Overall, its not the materials that are costing the money, its the craftsmanship. Miniturisation is fucking expensive, hence the price on brr trucks + ytrucks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Yeah I suppose is the rendezvous free or do you have to pay becuase if you pay then he will be making a profit from it
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:44 pm

A tech deck from brr costs 8 euros, theyre usually like 4 and shipping on top?
That proves a point straight away.
And that yellowoods used to be 19 euros for the same quality deck? Now theyre 50% more? Its stupid imo...

Yes miniturisation is expensive, brrs for example. But it uses a lot less of the material so it shouldnt be the same price as indys tbf..

Yet we still buy this stuff...
Back to top Go down
мιℓєѕƒ
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
мιℓєѕƒ

Companies : Creekwood Fingerboard Store~www.creekwoodfbs.com

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:45 pm

Yea, from a deck makers perspective...

So you have kids with tons of money. Well they go and support Flatface or Blackriver, which is fine. Then search unboxing from a company chosen. You will see some kids spend $300 on Brr trucks, BW, BR ramps, etc!

Like literally, the cheapest deck on Flatface is $24. And my decks are only $10. I know Mike has to pay the company, then do taxes, and then he has some profit. But really, when Mike (just using as example) orders 100 BW grapics, how much do you think it costs him? Like 10 euros... So he is making like $35 bucks! I know, its crazy when you think that he sells out of them within 3 days, and he makes $3500 alone of BW's!
I know,
I may be wrong with the prices but you get the point!

www.creekwoodfbs.com
Get Aphlikshun Ramps now!

Yours so right Boffey. Like I could go to Target, buy 10 TD's and sell them for $10. If I was slightly bigger, I bet ya they would sell very fast, and there I would be making $6.00 for just picking them up off a shelf!
Back to top Go down
http://www.creekwoodfbs.com
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:55 pm

almost certain he doesn't make a profit from it, you pay so he can rent out the place and such : o its only a few dollars or something

And well, yea, I dunno why yellowoods went up 10 euros, I dunno why brr charge soo much for everything, yet we buy it because the high end fb stuff performs amazing. If one day someone makes good performing affordable fb stuff, we'll use it. but td trucks fall apart and piss me off, haha

Mike doesn't make THAT much profit from bws I'm sure. Yea they make money, but, theres nothing wrong with running a business. These companies are pushing fbing constantly making new products, and the scene. fbing is getting big enough that they make money? yay! doesn't mean they should make their products silly cheap, means we should be happy for them. I honestly think everyone gives companies a hard time in the fb scene. I can see that brr charge a fuck load and I will agree with that, but they're pretty much the only company that charges too much. YW as well actually, but thats it.
Back to top Go down
giganeo
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : A Tech Deck, bro.

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:57 pm

jacklilley wrote:
Yeah I suppose is the rendezvous free or do you have to pay becuase if you pay then he will be making a profit from it
the rendevous is 10 bucks a person
Back to top Go down
мιℓєѕƒ
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
мιℓєѕƒ

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 11:03 pm

Yea, I guess you are right. But prices on G12's at least are cheap. Like I would have 3 more if they were $15, and if you have ever seen, he has like shoe boxes filled with g12's, so he makes a ton on those...
Yea,
I can see it being $10 a person. I mean they have every BRR ramp there, and they even have a new plaza for this years, which must have not been cheap. Just think of shipping, even if Mike got it for free!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 11:03 pm

brr sells g6's for 28 euros whilst theyre only 28 dollars on flatface, same with the decks
Back to top Go down
мιℓєѕƒ
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
мιℓєѕƒ

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 11:05 pm

Yea, exactly. And when they buy like 20 sets of G6's they most likely get them for about $15-20. Then they are making $20ish off that!
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 11:32 pm

i think most of the decks are fair priced really....considering the amount of work that goes into them, and if you get a good one too, cos there are good and bad decks from the same company out there....every one is handmade so yea....brt are a rip but who doesnt know this....also i think ytrucks recent increase of 4 euro a set, just cos they include 4 new nuts? i think thats a bit greedy personally happy

i could moan and moan all day, bet everything cost money these days...good or bad happy

also i think alot of the companies have bad customer service, there are some great ones, but many dont give two hoots once they have sent your product, even if it is defective...
Back to top Go down
TobiasSchneider
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

Companies : FB (obviously), scootering, skateboarding, violin

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:04 am

you see, the great, yet more inexpensive (redwolf, redemption, etc) may be cheaper, but when you buy from BW, FF, major companies, you get a bit better quality, but you also get the glorious, glorious brand name. sorta like the century vs opteka fight
Back to top Go down
мιℓєѕƒ
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
мιℓєѕƒ

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:19 am

Yea, you are right!
Although decks are handmade, when a company makes 50 at a time, its not like they hand shape them etc. I even know some companys just have a CNC machine drill, and cut the decks. Yet they still charge around $30!
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:29 am

i like the big companies
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
мιℓєѕƒ
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
мιℓєѕƒ

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:52 am

Why? But I do kinda know what you mean. Its usually means there customer service is bad, when it comes to FB companies.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:51 am

big companies have-
1. great costumer service
2.high price but professionally done, so its good quality
3. a lot to choose from
4. shipping times are awesome
5. lots of extras
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Anonymous

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 7:53 am

giganeo wrote:
jacklilley wrote:

he must make alotttt of money say if theres 100 kids going that means he makes 1000 dollars minus the room cost so about 800-900 dollars if thats how much people go.

and yea im sure he dosent make that much profit from bws but other decks he and taylor redwolf decks= good quality and creekwood decks= good quality
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:50 am

TaylorT wrote:
big companies have-
3. a lot to choose from
5. lots of extras

Glad someone can see it like that rather than hating on companies for being successful. Look at flatface's catalogue compared to anything else, HUGE range of affordable, uber high quality products. Not sure whats to bitch at on that..

jacklilley wrote:
giganeo wrote:
jacklilley wrote:

he must make alotttt of money say if theres 100 kids going that means he makes 1000 dollars minus the room cost so about 800-900 dollars if thats how much people go.

and yea im sure he dosent make that much profit from bws but other decks he and taylor redwolf decks= good quality and creekwood decks= good quality

Bless jack, you have no idea what things cost in the real world.. Have you seen how big the R7 place was? That'd cost a fuck load more than 100 dollars.. And sorting it all out, advertising, getting all the stuff to sesh there, all the stuff given away as prizes.. that costs him money, whether they're free to everyone else. I mean, yea, he makes some money, but, doesn't he deserve to going to ALL that time and effort to sort out the whole thing? Nothing is free in this world, not really.

Redwolf decks and other decks are really good quality, but, they're not made with as much precision as flatface decks, as they're a lot machine done. I love both decks just as much, just saying cheaper decks don't use as expensive production methods.

Honestly why the fuck do we all have to hate on something good? Its a brilliant fingerboard event. IF you want one for free, don't expect multiple BRR parks including a brand new never before used park, loads of prizes, loads of people (200+ at R7 iirc), and a really well thought out professionally done day. They're pushing fingerboarding by making a good, decent event that isn't expensive to get to for whats there, cheaper than going to an indoor skatepark, pros from all over the world will be there, so, yea. Its just like I saw I think jay linehan say on the 'what annoys you about fbing' topic on ffi, he said there were 8 pages of that and only 2 pages on the 'things you love about fbing' thread. Which is messed up. Everyones gotta hate and complain and noone can be happy with what we have at the moment, a bunch of cool products and events going on and the fb scene getting bigger all the time. I just think its ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
giganeo
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : A Tech Deck, bro.

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:06 pm

^ yep
i like my decks handmade
Back to top Go down
мιℓєѕƒ
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
мιℓєѕƒ

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Yea, maybe I should have stated that more clearly. I just know, I have emailed some big companies (Flatface is good) and they never respond, and if they do its week.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:11 pm

I'm sure all the big companies get SOOO many emails a day, that they try their best to get back to people but its probably not always possible : o
Back to top Go down
мιℓєѕƒ
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
мιℓєѕƒ

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Yea, your right. Its really crazy, until you own a company. I get so many emails a day, but I try my best to reply asap! But yea, Flatface and alll those companies will get you your products, so there is nothing to worry about, and they are legit, even if they don't reply!
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Setup : Berlinwood
BRT's
Winker's

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:57 pm

TaylorT wrote:
big companies have-
3. a lot to choose from
5. lots of extras

i agree happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prices of fb stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices of fb stuff   Prices of fb stuff Empty