Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalRedemption mellow review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Redemption mellow review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fingerfuzz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Redemption fb, Roswell shaped trucks and cnc wheels. Redemption custom fiber7, Roswell shaped trucks, china clear wheels.

Redemption mellow review Empty
PostSubject: Redemption mellow review   Redemption mellow review EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 12:56 am

Redemption mellow review 11071410
Redemption mellow review 11071411

Shipping/Ordering: took about 5 days total to ship, pretty fast (was advertised as 2-5 days).  However, I ordered a 30mm and instead got a 31mm, which even then, looks closer to a 32mm.  Can't precisely measure though.  I got the sphinx deck since I don't really own a full on graphic deck.  Some of the dyed decks look very nice on their site though.  Came w/ 3 stickers and foam grip, small bubble envelope, a few packing peanuts.  

Redemption mellow review 11071412
Redemption mellow review 11081410

Shape and graphic: this board is extreme…  extremely mellow.  Just check the pics.  Otherwise, it is really well made.  The tail seems a bit too short, but it actually provides a good pop.  I'm still getting used to the mellow shape.  Deck is also very thin and light, well rounded, and the graphic is nice and vibrant--appears just how it does online.  As you may be able to tell from the pics, the holes aren't poked through the graphic (a nice realistic touch). But, there are some small bubbles under the graphic, which worries me just a bit that it could start to come off faster than it should.  That being said, I'm not sure if it can be considered a "real wear" graphic.

And despite the fact that I was sent a wider board, I'm starting to like the extra width, and now I know why wides are becoming popular.  

New tape: board came w/ this new Ape Tape.  It is super thick (1.5mm at least) and not porous at all really.  I'm not a fan of thick tape, but this stuff went on cleanly, and I like that it's some of the smoothest tape I now own.  However, thick tape on a mellow board almost seems to mellow it out even more.  

Redemption mellow review 11071413
Redemption mellow review 11071414

Overall: I would recommend redemption, since their stuff is well made (you can check youtube and other pics on their site) and they have a lot of affordable options on their site.  Points off in that they sent me the wrong thing, but I can't complain about the quality, as it is a nice deck all around, and I'm starting to like the wider shape.  Last, their tape is good, may not quite be my style of tape, but I would recommend it to people who like thick tape.
Back to top Go down
Redemption
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Redemption

Companies : Redemption Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Redemption mellow review   Redemption mellow review EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:39 pm

Thanks for the review! Sorry about the board being 31. All of our new decks are 31 or 32. I need to update the website. The tape is actually 1.25mm thick. It's good stuff as many people are already riding it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.redemptionfb.com
fingerfuzz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Redemption fb, Roswell shaped trucks and cnc wheels. Redemption custom fiber7, Roswell shaped trucks, china clear wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Redemption mellow review   Redemption mellow review EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:51 pm

Thanks for clarification on the measurements, I think 31mm is my new preference.

Also, the graphic has been holding up pretty well. I'm interested in trying one of the fiber 7s next. I should probably ask this in the Redemption thread, but will you make an option for us to select bottom ply color in the future? Thanks, and keep up the good work, been happy with my purchase.
Back to top Go down
Redemption
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Redemption

Companies : Redemption Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Redemption mellow review   Redemption mellow review EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 11:29 pm

The Fiber7's are really awesome. My personal favorite as it's better than a standard 5 ply imo. If you want a certain bottom ply you can order a custom board or when you order a blank you can let me know if you are interested in something particular. I do my best to fill requests. Thanks so much for the review.
Back to top Go down
http://www.redemptionfb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redemption mellow review   Redemption mellow review Empty

Back to top Go down

Redemption mellow review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1