Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fingerboard Shops/Companys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Master11
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:58 am

LOL, Is Connars IP address the same as Gunners?
Back to top Go down
connar
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
connar

Setup : 1- Prete, China Wides, Flatface G6D, Rip
2- Flatface g12, TD Indy wides, G6A, FBS ES

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:58 am

Master11 wrote:
LOL, Is Connars IP address the same as Gunners?

Yeah hes my other computer.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:59 am

Master11 wrote:
Surely someone who likes Walter White can make sense of this...

Its simple. I already can see the logos above showcasing fingerboard brands/shops, and already know of the brand websites like yellow wood, flatface, blackriver etc...

What I specifically are looking for is a list of online retailers who sell all kinds of fingerboard products. Not mainly their own lines...
The reason behind this is I am trying to distinguish what potential there is for fingerboard eCommerce websites. I.e, is there any websites known that actively buy stock from producers and solely sell finger board products.

Well right off the bat Fingersized does that friend. Kerry does not make any of the products himself. He may say put the name on the stuff like his tuning packs but it's no secret that they aren't actually made by him. From what I understand Kerry is the perfect example. He buys from Blackriver ramps and various other companies and sells their stuff. Is that what you're looking for?
Back to top Go down
Master11
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:03 am

No Ryan,

As mentioned above... We all already know of Fingersized... Im looking for more underground ones...If indeed there are any...

Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:06 am

Master11 wrote:
No Ryan,

As mentioned above... We all already know of Fingersized... Im looking for more underground ones...If indeed there are any...

I really don't think they're any to be honest with you. I mean all the logos shown above are as close to underground as you get unless you go and join the foriegn forums with the unheard of guys. Sow and Fingersized are as close to underground and to your specifications as you'll get if I'm thinking correctly?
Back to top Go down
Master11
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:10 am

Yes, if they are the only few retailers out there I guess there is still plenty of scope for new retailers who can offer a much wider range... I feel this is needed in the Uk scene considering there are a few brands/websites offering an ecliptic range...

Wouldn't we all here like to see a kind of fingerboard super store?
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:11 am

Master11 wrote:

Its simple. I already can see the logos above showcasing fingerboard brands/shops, and already know of the brand websites like yellow wood, flatface, blackriver etc...

What I specifically are looking for is a list of online retailers who sell all kinds of fingerboard products. Not mainly their own lines...
The reason behind this is I am trying to distinguish what potential there is for fingerboard eCommerce websites. I.e, is there any websites known that actively buy stock from producers and solely sell finger board products.

Master11 wrote:
No Ryan,

Underground fingerboard companies, thats hilarious.
Distributors: Fingersized, Flatface, Norwood, Blackriver, SOW, Fusion. and maybe some more.
I reckon you honestly don't know anything about fingerboarding?

ALSO: We buy fingerboards online, whats the point of having another company based in the UK? You can order from any other neighboring countries as well.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:14 am

Master11 wrote:
Yes, if they are the only few retailers out there I guess there is still plenty of scope for new retailers who can offer a much wider range... I feel this is needed in the Uk scene considering there are a few brands/websites offering an ecliptic range...

Wouldn't we all here like to see a kind of fingerboard super store?
I don't know what your intentions are and how much you know about this hobby but I would suggest getting to understand it and the people involved in it a little more before you go and start trying to invest in it. Know what I mean? We welcome people that are new to fingerboarding but it sounds like you're in this for the money and nothing else? Forgive me if I'm wrong because I don;t want to offend you but right now it's just hard to tell what you're trying to do.
Back to top Go down
Master11
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:21 am

I just sent you a PM Ryan.
Back to top Go down
Master11
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:25 am

DarianN wrote:
Master11 wrote:

Master11 wrote:
No Ryan,

Distributors: Fingersized, Flatface, Norwood, Blackriver, SOW, Fusion. and maybe some more.

ALSO: We buy fingerboards online, whats the point of having another company based in the UK? You can order from any other neighboring countries as well.

Like I said, a bigger and better company who can offer a vast product portfolio. Don't you kids read these days? I already answered your question above boys.
Back to top Go down
connar
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
connar

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:30 am

You're off to a great start! Cant wait to see how far you go, making fun of your potential consumer base is the best way to start any company. Ya' fuckin' dud.
Back to top Go down
Master11
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:34 am

Making fun? Just leave the thread like you said you would Connar because you are too young to understand what I am looking for.

Back to top Go down
connar
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
connar

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:34 am

Master11 wrote:
Making fun? Just leave the thread like you said you would Connar because you are too young to understand what I am looking for.

I understand money pretty well actually.

Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 Kelso-burn
Back to top Go down
Master11
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:36 am

Good for you...
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:55 am

Master11 wrote:
DarianN wrote:
Master11 wrote:

Master11 wrote:
No Ryan,

Like I said, a bigger and better company who can offer a vast product portfolio. Don't you kids read these days? I already answered your question above boys.
I love how you're calling everyone a kid when you're the immature one. You obviously know nothing about fingerboarding. "Like I said, a bigger and better company who can offer a vast product portfolio." Complete the thought 'kid'. Those are BIGGER AND BETTER COMPANIES WHO CAN OFFER A VAST PRODUCT PORTFOLIO. You haven't answered any questions, you've just made a fool of yourself.
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:23 am

Hey, Master11

Shut up.
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:23 am

This site from Singapore sells some fingerboard stuff from different companies.
http://mhcfingerboarding.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
connar
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
connar

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:26 am

Alright guys he gets we don't like him, no need to gang up and spam the forum.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:59 am

Master11 wrote:
Oh dear, I wish you was bright enough

this made me laugh to no end. ironic post is ironic. tongue

I kind of get what you're trying here but not only are the logistics not really existent imo, but no one would support the kind of thing you're trying to do. Maybe a few years down the line, but right now it'd be like opening a fingerboarding version of route one - the support will still be there for the fingerboarder owned shops in the core of the scene, and there isn't enough of an outside market to support a shop that gives nothing back and has only one interest, money.

If my thoughts on your intentions are true, please disappear. We'll fight shit like this much as skateboarding has faught it for decades (although skateboarding is loosing a bit these days..). Fingerboarding belongs to fingerboarders - corporate suits have nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm not sure i quite follow to be honest.

You want to find a shop that is underground, but still sell almost every product on the market?

Very few people are going to invest in a wide product line before they know they can move any products.

Norwood is your closest bet, but that was not what you were looking for was it?
Cause thw shop is already known?

Back to top Go down
MamadouSow
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MamadouSow

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Hey dude,
I don't think you realize, Fingerboarding is a very tight community...its like everyone knows who everyone is. So if you just want to build a bigger and better company, you have to start somewhere and gain people's trust.
Let us know how your company is going to be better, faster shipping? better customer service? cheaper products? better quality products? All of that is hard to do because just about every company has great shipping, service and quality products.
Also, people on this forum are the people who will critique your products, praise them, tell you what to change about them, etc. Mistreating anyone in the community is definitely not cool.

Fingerboard superstores are Flatface, Fingersized, No Comply and Sow Distribution. The market is not huge enough to have an actual superstore...after taxes and labor fees you would not break even on profit. Your better off just starting small, working with the community and eventually selling more and more products from different companies.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:41 pm

I have facepalmed too much reading this thread lol time to leave
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Master11 wrote:
I should shut the fuck up before I piss of 99% of who my customers would be

Back to top Go down
connar
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
connar

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:59 pm

Oliver32.5 wrote:
Master11 wrote:
I should shut the fuck up before I piss of 99% of who my customers would be

He doesn't realize we are his consumers, I tried warning him earlier but he is too much of a stubborn brat to realize any of my attempts to pull him out of this deep shitty hole hes dug himself into.
Back to top Go down
Master11
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:09 pm

MamadouSow wrote:
Hey dude,
I don't think you realize, Fingerboarding is a very tight community...its like everyone knows who everyone is. So if you just want to build a bigger and better company, you have to start somewhere and gain people's trust.
Let us know how your company is going to be better, faster shipping? better customer service? cheaper products? better quality products? All of that is hard to do because just about every company has great shipping, service and quality products.
Also, people on this forum are the people who will critique your products, praise them, tell you what to change about them, etc. Mistreating anyone in the community is definitely not cool.

Fingerboard superstores are Flatface, Fingersized, No Comply and Sow Distribution. The market is not huge enough to have an actual superstore...after taxes and labor fees you would not break even on profit. Your better off just starting small, working with the community and eventually selling more and more products from different companies.

Well, yes your right in stating that a small community has formed for fingerboarding but you have failed to see the bigger influx and from where it started. Fingerboarding was setup as a mass produced gimmicky product, piggy backing from already well known brands that are iconic, for people who liked skateboarding. It was funded by millions of dollars to form a new interest... They succeeded because they are still around now trading and people still collect.
That is where I start from hence why I am interested in the new school scene... Its interesting to see how its evolved over the past 10 years and interesting to see there is a community, however is this just the start because the majority of businesses/sellers making products seem very primitive and uncorporate when comparing to the likes of a major toy company...
The toy company in question still holds the monopoly and any hybrid product/brand is simply piggy backing... So it would be nice to see what companys come out of it in the same way...

The mod here pinpointed a good assumption when referring to Route One... That been the case, would you consider the probability that this niche market will soon be over run with brands that are invested with backing to form brands that are mass marketed... BlackRiver imo would be the first...

In regards to been 'Kids' the majority of you who have replied are acting like kids and your replies are not productive. If you feel I am asking inappropriate questions then please just refrain from typing replies, your not helping your cause of fingerboarding. . If you don't understand the questions I am asking then you simply have no use here...

To reply back to your view on service etc... Well from what ive seen on here many people selling goods have negative feedback and people seem to be complaining a lot about service, lack of delivery and poor quality goods....

That is surely a problem that should be addressed if you are trying to form a dedicated community...

This has nothing to do with money... So forget the $ and £ signs...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fingerboard Shops/Companys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next