Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 4 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fingerboard Shops/Companys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Master11
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 3:52 am

Hi Thom,

Yeah, that is a-given, but what if the stats where in fact much more larger than expected and what If a big company started selling and marketing to the masses to create a hyped influx...
Personally I would like to see this hobby expand because it is very unique, fun and people of all ages pick up a fingerboard and play with it... After all, much time and expense was invested into making the fingerboard so ergonomically designed and aesthetically pleasing. When looking at the types of components available now it is like a mini skate industry which consistently boom's every few years.
It also seems a lot of the older generation are collectors of Tech decks etc and are now moving into the new school form of literal scaled skateboards which should be the case in terms of expansion.
So from what I see above, there aren't really any retail platforms to help boost this industry, which in essence could be much bigger... Surely that is a good thing?

Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Shops/Companys   Fingerboard Shops/Companys - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:55 am

I call corporate bs.

I've read all of what you have said and you are looking at fingerboarding at a business standpoint so I'm gonna talk to you from a business standpoint (which isn't good for both of us but you cannot simply understand what we are talking about if I don't speak to you this way).

A big company is already selling and marketing to the masses, tech deck and somewhat brr. The problem is, to create a hyped influx you need the masses to be hyped about the product itself. To them the product is not interesting therefor they do not get hyped and they do not buy it, in that case there is no hyped influx. You get where I'm going with this? You cannot create a hyped influx. Fingerboarding is not a lucrative business opportunity. Steer away from this and go look somewhere else to stick your ugly nose elsewhere.

I applaud for you wanting the hobby to expand, I assume everybody wants that. However, We don't need corporations to do it for us. It is already constantly expanding due to various platforms of advertising already available and made use of, without even knowing we are advertising our hobby in it. Youtube is one of this platform, Events and even the badmouthing skaters give us. Once again, we don't need you to expand our hobby, it is already doing it by itself.

This isn't an industry, this is a hobby, this is a scene. One which I, and many others love.
Back to top Go down

Fingerboard Shops/Companys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4