Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhat Do You Want Doing? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Do You Want Doing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

What Do You Want Doing? Empty
PostSubject: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:09 am

So, I'ma PM harvey later and I figured we should write down what we think needs changing on FBHQ, as, he did ask a week or so ago. Keep this spam free, please, I just want it to be a list. I'll add things to the list that people post, sort of like the people reference thread. happy

I think:

-Theme changed to something fingerboard related.
-The threads on the portal should link to their own 'announcements' part of the forum, that will be a locked, moderator editable only part of the forum, and if people think a topic should go there, they can say so and we can move it. Having 'events' on the front page just looks silly, and gets annoying when someone bumps something.
-Get rid of all the pointless sections in the forum. 'whats in stock' is a bit pointless as everyone just uses fb discussion and I think it works having it all in fb discussion. Either way though, BMX discussion should go, and skateboard discussion should be 'other sports discussion', or, other extreme sports. And maybe handboarding stuff could go in there too? noone ever posts there, because soo few people handboard, seems like a wasted part of the forum. Also, some of the stylathon section could go and just be put as one styleathon section. Also, 'general discussion' should go, I think, it just doesn't make much sense. Anything in it, should go in random, would be better.
-Update the rules, at least to say about not bringing back old posts.
-A general cleanup of some of the old spammy threads.
-Make posts from random (and possibly other sections) not come up on portal as the most recent threads, it makes this place look retarded when you sign in and the first thread floating around is 'post your dog'. Everyone new here is gonna get the most retarded view on our forum if thats what they see first : o
-Either get rid of post count, or, make it so posts in random don't count towards post count. This way people can spam if they must, but they don't get 1000 posts in a few days.. Tbh though, I think too many people are just saying like 'cool' and 'sick!' and 'I agree' and not really properly posting, but, getting stupidly high post counts. For that reason, I think post counts should probably go. But I guess a trial of the 'posts in random don't count', could work. Would require me + danny + alex to be more vigilant on making sure no threads anywhere else get spammy, and if they do either move them or delete the spam.
I don't want to police what people write, I used to be sooo chilled about who posts what where, but, its just got WAY beyond the limit of a joke recently. So pull your act together guys, or something will change.
-Maybe get rid of that annoying floating banner thing at the top of the page? It kills older computers, you could just have still images.
-On the portal, do we really need a donation button? Who the fuck is going to give us money? Get rid of it, it makes us look conceited. Also the 'social bookmarking' tab should go, because, it just screams 'pre-generated code by a forum making site'. Its 2010, people know how to copy and paste a URL to spread the word about here ^__^

Thats all I can think of.. anything else/thoughts? happy
Back to top Go down
Nick Payne
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nick Payne

Companies : fingerboarding,skating,guitar,filming
Setup : Hard Knox Deck,FBS.Y-Trucks(White),Substance Dual Gold(black)

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:40 am

we need to get rid of the random thread its just all spam
other than that make you admin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NicholasScottPayne?feature=mhum
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:44 am

*Change the theme to something frsh that will last

*Get rid of the top posters list

*Get rid of whats in stock, reviews bmx discussion and skateboard put skatebpard in the general disussion area and put reviews in copmanies section

* get rid of the most reacent posts thing if you cant stop general dicusion/spam threads from coming up in it

*keep random beucase if you have something cool or random then you can post it

yeah thatd be cool when is harvey doing it and also a refrences section just like the ffi one becuse its better like that imo and when we get more members itl be eaier to use
Back to top Go down
Nick Payne
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nick Payne

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:49 am

just get rid of post count i kno i wanted to boost mine and so does everyone else just get it outta the way theres no point and your right jack i like all your ideas it should be mostly fingerboarding so move a lot of the random threads too general
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:10 pm

i like random, its kinda cool

-keep the handboard thread
-kerry as admin (lol)
-tmg as mod
-a red theme would be cool. like black background with red buttons. you get the idea
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:14 pm

no i want something like ffi and yeah keep handboard discussion it look legit
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:52 pm

I agree I'd like a more mellow relaxed theme, red and black sounds almost as harsh as what we have now!
Random should stay, its a good place for people to vent!

Getting rid of top posters list is an interesting idea also! Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming happy
Back to top Go down
Nick Payne
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nick Payne

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:57 pm

make it like a white and blue or black theme dude just kill harvey make this a mutiny lol jk i just want kerry as admin sad tmg as mod!!!
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:06 pm

i think the colour sceme of the forum is cool......
Back to top Go down
Nick Payne
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nick Payne

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:07 pm

you are an insane poster lol i hate it hahahaaa
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:19 pm

i am an isane poster and some might say insane in the head too....but i just think the colour sceme now is good on the eyes....i dont want loads of fancy colours here there and everywhere....simple monochrome colours are best on the eyes
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:21 pm

i like the ffi theme it looks real fresh hopefully harvey will do something
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:23 pm

but everyone moans bout copying ffi though.......................................................
Back to top Go down
TMG
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TMG

Companies : Bluefly Board Co.
Setup : BWNM/BRR trucks/Winkler D-rex blues/FBSes
FFG12/BRR trucks/Substance Quartz BRR's/ FBSes
FFG12/Y trucks United/FF G6E/FBSes

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:24 pm

I agree blosom...I like the color scheme...just change all the nuclear shit lol...I think getting rid of the post count could be good and bad...good in the sense that it could cut down on the spam, but bad because then you dont know if your dealing with a nube or what...if the titles would stay, but the post count would be hidden, that would be cool...

Oh and kerry for admin and tmg for mod wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.blueflyboardco.com/
Nick Payne
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nick Payne

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:24 pm

it looks profesional tho and will attract more members
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:26 pm

A simple monochrome with maybe a teeeeny bit of colour in a few small places would be nice. White is part of monochrome thankfully. Anyway, we've seen what people say about background theme so no more talk on that, I don't want this spammed up. Any OTHER thoughts and suggestions? come on, theres a lot more of you guys yet to post your thoughts on this ^_^
Back to top Go down
Tim Lowery
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tim Lowery

Companies : filming, baseball, and self pleasuring
Setup : Redemption NM
BLUEFLY WIDES
FBS ES
FlatFace G6 D Black

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:33 pm

new banner up top
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardknoxfbs.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:39 pm

yeah definitley taylor will do that for us ^_^ i want some thing fresh so just like the ffi theme it will last
Back to top Go down
Nick Payne
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nick Payne

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:42 pm

yea like cartoonish but pro.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:44 pm

yeah exactly i want the logo to be chill so its not like all posh but at the same time it looks legit
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:01 pm

I dunno if taylor knows flash, but, I do. We should have a flash logo, so its animated. Would be sick happy

Keep the suggestions coming! This is really positive and hopefully that positivity will pass on to harvey when he sees it!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:15 pm

kerry that would be sooo sick nice idea also get rid of the are now sponsoring section beucase thats just nooby and the sponsors bit on the portal people come on and theyll see kkikz and theyll be like wtf?
Back to top Go down
LouisRobinson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
LouisRobinson

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:38 pm

I think you should change the banner first, I think it might be a good idea to hold a comp where you post your fingerboard hq banners and people can vote on which we like best and also we could take parts from each idea to make an awesome banner that everyone likes.

I also think to solve the post count and things and so that you know your not talking to a complete noob you could earn rep or something everytime you help someone out or the longer you are on the forum the better title you get or something maybye like for the first mints or so you are a noob then so on and the people who are pretty good contributers to posts and thing could be something like epic contributors or somethiing like that it doesn't really matter about the names yet if you don't like them we can agree on others these are just examples

Noobie
Beginner
Shredder
Sick Contributer
Epic Ripper
(The names are just examples we could all agree on cooler ones)

So with this idea it isn't about how many posts it's about how long you have been active and how helpfull and positive you are to people.

Another is the animated banner with the sponsors on, I also think we should just put still logos on it like great fingerboard shops and sponsors and stuff.

Im not going to rammble on about the background as Kerry said let's not spam up the thread with it as we all are getting pretty sick of the nuclear thing goin on.

I also think we should get rid of the other sports thread as at the end of the day this is fingerboarding forum not a skateboarding, handboarding or BMX forum.

These are just my thoughts so have your say of what you want to happen to this forum

e
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gnarlyfb
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:44 pm

yeah good ideas but i like the poster ranks there should be more becuase people are gonna get above 1500 soon
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:47 pm

no dont get rid of post count, i think we should induce a new rule though,
5 spam posts in a day = 1 day ban
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Want Doing?   What Do You Want Doing? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Do You Want Doing?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard HQ :: Forum :: Fingerboard H.Q.-