Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 19 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Setup : Woob & Brutal

Quick Questions - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Anyone in the UK order directly from Oak, if yes, how long does shipping take?
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 11:23 pm

Thanks @ skatemaster & LevelUp, sounds very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Praibis
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Praibis

Setup : Tech deck

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 12:20 pm

kThumb wrote:
a guy in the hardware store recommended silicone-spray for bearings. has anyone tried that yet?

A friend of mine used silicone-spray on his Penny board (original penny bearings, abec 7). They rolled really fast after that, but it ran out of the bearing dirty as fuck..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/praibis
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 1:05 pm

His bearings must have been really dirty.

I hate dirty bearings, I clean my Bones Redz frequently, completely disassembling them so I get all the crap out, then lube with Speed Cream, they last a lot longer if you take good care of them.

I've got some Spitfire Cheapshots in one of my setups, and they suck.

Edit

Nobody order from Oak who stays in the UK? :/
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:37 pm

ive orderd from the oak site, it took around 3 weeks!
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Thanks Eddie, I've got a tracking number for them but it just says when they were posted, wanted to know roughly how long I'd be waiting.
Back to top Go down
IeuanRees
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
IeuanRees

Setup : Slim and Catchy
Fatman
YTruck X4's
Oak Spirals

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 8:25 pm

Is it just me who finds that the new slim and catchy riptape is too short? Unless you put a cut out at the tail, it just seems a touch to small to get on comfortably, which seems daft to me.
Back to top Go down
Tomé Martins
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Tomé Martins

Setup : FF G14
Brt Wides
Tky's
Ywheels DualW
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 10:37 am

Praibis wrote:
Has anyone tried Jessup Skategrip on fb?

yep I'm using right now and its great the only thing is that on the first days that shit is gonna hurt you a bit. I recommend u sanded a bit otherwise you'll get bloddy fingers...
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:57 pm

Praibis wrote:
kThumb wrote:
a guy in the hardware store recommended silicone-spray for bearings. has anyone tried that yet?

A friend of mine used silicone-spray on his Penny board (original penny bearings, abec 7). They rolled really fast after that, but it ran out of the bearing dirty as fuck..
yo, thanks. i was just trying to find a way to rescue fucked up Winkler bearings. My daughter drippled on them i had the glorious idea to throw them in sunflower oil. Now they don't spin very well and dirt runs out all the time, so it can't get worse wink
Back to top Go down
Hector_riv1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Hector_riv1

Setup : dank dek
brt
ff x wink weels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:26 pm

kThumb wrote:
Praibis wrote:
kThumb wrote:

yo, thanks. i was just trying to find a way to rescue fucked up Winkler bearings. My daughter drippled on them i had the glorious idea to throw them in sunflower oil. Now they don't spin very well and dirt runs out all the time, so it can't get worse wink
I just recently cleaned my bearings by putting them in a little container of rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) and moving them around for 1-2 minute then let them sit and dry for about ten minutes on a paper towel
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:49 pm

kThumb wrote:
Praibis wrote:
kThumb wrote:

Hah, when I got my first bearing wheels I figured 'hey, I'll let them soak in hemp oil overnight', well it make them stop spinning completely, stuff must have been way too thick.

I managed to fix them by first cleaning them with some citrus based computer thermal paste cleaner, then I put a small drop of lemon oil into them, which made them spin again, but the Bones Speed Cream I put in them the other day has made a massive difference the wheels actually feel really nice to use now.

Edit

Using ispropyl will clean them, but it won't lubricate them man, they'll spin but they'll be running dry which increases friction.
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 10:11 pm

Ah, sounds good, thanks guys! I'll try that.
Back to top Go down
Hector_riv1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Hector_riv1

brt
ff x wink weels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 11:04 pm

Dave wrote:
kThumb wrote:
Praibis wrote:
kThumb wrote:

Hah, when I got my first bearing wheels I figured 'hey, I'll let them soak in hemp oil overnight', well it make them stop spinning completely, stuff must have been way too thick.

I managed to fix them by first cleaning them with some citrus based computer thermal paste cleaner, then I put a small drop of lemon oil into them, which made them spin again, but the Bones Speed Cream I put in them the other day has made a massive difference the wheels actually feel really nice to use now.

Edit

Using ispropyl will clean them, but it won't lubricate them man, they'll spin but they'll be running dry which increases friction.
I don't have bones speed cream so would the lemon oil lubricate them without tracking dirt? and are there other lubricants that would work?
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:04 am

When I used the lemon oil after I cleaned the bearings with citrus based CPU paste cleaner my wheels did work again, they were basically stuck, a mixture of my little bro popping the board into a cup that had a little coffee in it and me trying to use hemp oil to lube them.

I just poured the paste cleaner (any citrus based solvent would work) into one wheel at a time and span the wheel to work it in, then let them dry out overnight before using my lemon oil to lube them.
Back to top Go down
Hector_riv1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Hector_riv1

brt
ff x wink weels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:18 am

Thanks ALOT dave, im gonna have to do this very happy 
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:25 am

I just soaked a cotton bud (q tip or whatever people call them!) with lemon oil and just rubbed that into each wheel, and then spun the wheel again to work that into the bearing, but the Speed Cream has made my CNC wheels extremely quiet now and they feel so much smoother too.
Back to top Go down
neztek
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
neztek

Companies : Neztek Fingerboards Australia
Setup : NeztekFB 33.25mm. Deck
Y-Trucks X4 Tex Black
Winklers
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 7:53 am

I am curious about Planktoon RB-Z trucks and Rool wheels has anyone here ever used them and what did you think?
Back to top Go down
http://neztekfb.bigcartel.com
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:26 am

neztek wrote:
I am curious about Planktoon RB-Z trucks and Rool wheels has anyone here ever used them and what did you think?

I actually just ordered both of those last week. I'll let you know what they're like once they show up!
Back to top Go down
Praibis
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Praibis

Setup : Tech deck

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 10:14 am

He cleaned them before he sprayed them happy

When I ordered from Oak wheels about 1 1/2 years ago, it took like one week to get here. (6 or 7 days..) UK is closer Portugal than Norway
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/praibis
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 11:05 am

What kinda bearings, fully sealed ones?

I'm expecting them to come this week hopefully.

Are Grand wheels made from urethane or some kinda plastic?
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

Companies : Level Up Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:21 pm

What angle of kicks fall into the "low, medium, and high" category? Companies don't really post their kick angle from what I've seen. And the terms "low, medium, and high" are up to much interpretation.
Back to top Go down
http://Levelupfingerboards.bigcartel.com
WillianFB
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
WillianFB

Companies : fucking dick
Setup : BW Elias Assmuth
BRT with WoodyWood Fvcker Trucks Bushings
Winkler Wheels
RipTape

"Im' lovin' it"
by MC'donalds

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:17 pm

What can i do to my brt axle stop moving????
please!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Moving how, when you try to take a wheel off?
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 10:15 pm

The axle bolt of BRTs moves inside the hangar, especially in the older versions. I guess that's what he meant. But don't ask me how to fix that, sry.
Back to top Go down
willskate14
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
willskate14

Setup : both set up broken so im using my frind set up: restored Berlinwood, some tape fbs maybe, Winkler Wheels Big Daddy's, Y-trucks x4, Y-trucks bushings.

R.i.p my old zink :/

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:31 am

Where do you guys buy your veneer ive look on ebay and its sooo expensive... Can you help me out guys?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next