Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 4 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
BryanH
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BryanH

Setup : Neztek Vulcan Custom
Brt's w/ Witchcrafts
G4's
Clean sheets

Quick Questions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 12:05 pm

The normal BRR riptape is like 103mm long i think, slim n catchy is around 110mm
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 12:10 pm

Ok, thank you. I have a 104mm long deck (or even 103, I don't remember).
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
andreduarte
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
andreduarte

Setup : Tonic29
Ytrucks
Big Dz

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:20 pm

Where can I found zona wood decks?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/andreduartefb
Fujykky
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Fujykky

Setup : Cowply 33mm
wide brts/med oringz&witchcrafts
Nolliewheels little stones
mob grip

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Okay guys so im kind of thinkin about getting a berlinwood xwide deck.. I love my yellowood but i just want to try some wider boards and especially a berlinwood (br anchor blue :3 ) So what do you think? is there a huge difference between these two? Id use my x4 y's in it as i dont have any brts very happy
Back to top Go down
andreduarte
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
andreduarte

Setup : Tonic29
Ytrucks
Big Dz

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:09 pm

For me there isn't any difference. Of course it is a little bit wider but you have more control and it's so smooth
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/andreduartefb
Fujykky
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Fujykky

mob grip

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:17 pm

Well i think im gonna try it out! very happy can't go wrong with a berlinwood right? happy
Back to top Go down
AnthonyFB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
AnthonyFB

Setup : Berlinwood Wide low
BRT Wide super silvers
Flatface x winkler collabs
Ace 3

Beast Pants Split
BRT Wide super silvers
Flatface x collabs
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:20 pm

Are RVs any good?
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Setup : Woob & Brutal

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 8:50 am

I have acid green RVs they are great.
Back to top Go down
Louis.
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Louis.

Companies :
Setup : weca
ytrucks
oak
ace

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:06 am

they are good
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:52 am

I went from China bearing and cnc wheels to 2 sets of Oaks (acid green spirals and RVs), and the difference is amazing, I was a bit disappointed after buying a nice deck and a pair of BRT's only to find that it still felt cheap, but I knew it was the wheels, got these Oaks and wow, what an amazing feel they have, kinda hard to explain but my setups don't feel cheap anymore, so slick to use with both sets of Oaks, but I prefer my Spirals, though that's only because I think the bearings are dry on some of the wheels on my RV set as 3 spin like my cnc wheels, and you hear the bearing rattling when you spin them, and they spin for ages, but my Spirals are silent when they're spun, and they don't spin for ages, and when you're riding it on a surface the setup feels like it's gliding, such an amazing feel.

I've got a set of FF BRT edition wheels coming which I've been told are meant to be even smoother than Oaks, but something tells me that they aren't going to feel as nice as my Oaks, I'm planning getting another set of either Oak simples or Oak white RV Plus wheels, I'll wait for my FF wheels first though just incase they do feel better to me than the Oaks, but something tells me I'm going to prefer Oaks over FF.

I'm looking at a set of BRT edition Winklers too, these are made from urethane like Oaks, yes?
Back to top Go down
alexander
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
alexander

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 12:15 pm

brt edit winklers are not urethane, they're derlin (sp?) hard white material. they do grip a lot though.
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Thanks man, I think I'm gonna order some Y Wheels and Y Trucks as I don't like how my BRT's dont fit perfect on my YW, and I've heard dual bearing wheels are meant to be pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
IeuanRees
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
IeuanRees

Setup : Slim and Catchy
Fatman
YTruck X4's
Oak Spirals

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:32 pm

I haven't been into fingerboarding for a good while now, and by the looks of things, seem to have fallen well out of touch with the fingerboard community. I figured I'd buy myself a new set up, kick start my addiction again, however have no idea what's good nowadays.

I was thinking a blosom deck; before I stopped they had just came out and everyone was raving about them. Are they still just about the best deck I could get, or is there something newer anyone would recommend trying?
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:37 pm

welshsnakehips wrote:
I haven't been into fingerboarding for a good while now, and by the looks of things, seem to have fallen well out of touch with the fingerboard community. I figured I'd buy myself a new set up, kick start my addiction again, however have no idea what's good nowadays.

I was thinking a blosom deck; before I stopped they had just came out and everyone was raving about them. Are they still just about the best deck I could get, or is there something newer anyone would recommend trying?  

I still ride a Blosom deck, they're the best I've ever tried, but Ross, the owner, is pretty inactive nowadays. You can still order a deck through his webshop though.

There's a lot of companies with decks worth trying... really depends on what you prefer. See what you like the most :)I recommend Private Press, Weca, Woob, Pure, Temple, Zink, basically any company in the banner above.
Back to top Go down
IeuanRees
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
IeuanRees

Fatman
YTruck X4's
Oak Spirals

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:41 pm

How long will I be waiting if I order from his webshop?

I'm quite keen to try a new ridiculously wide deck with a nice mellow shape.
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:44 pm

Honestly, I can't say... guess you would have to find out.

As for wide and mellow, I would say maybe a Pure or a Temple.
Back to top Go down
IeuanRees
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
IeuanRees

Fatman
YTruck X4's
Oak Spirals

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Ah well, thanks anyway happy

Think I'll get one of the two ordered tonight happy

What are flatface like nowadays? Have them and berlinwood both changed much?
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Guys, gonna order a pair of Y Trucks, should I get the Y Wheels as well, or just use another set of dual bearing wheels?

How are the Y Wheels, I notice they have exposed bearings as opposed to sealed ones, I worry that this will cause issues further down the line?

Could I just use a set of Oaks or FF wheels on them or are they better with dual bearing wheels?

Also, any recommendations for some good quality dual bearing wheels if the Ys aren't that good.

Any help is appreciated, thanks folks.
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Not sure about the Ywheels, but I just got a set of Snugz from Northwoods and they're designed for Y-truck. Kind of pricey, but they're beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Fujykky
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Fujykky

mob grip

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:37 pm

single bearing wheels will work like a dream on y's wink If you want to make them snug and smooth put some washers.. other than that every wheel will fit and work perfectly on them! I use my nolliewheels little stones with washers and they roll like a dream <3
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:42 pm

Do they not rattle about?
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

Companies : Random Shit Inc.
Setup : New main. 2023 we on new shit now

32mm remio catfish saltwater
32mm brtz with level ups
Sadood spitfire 99A wheels
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Stock 2 Beastpants smoking cat.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Aphlikshun (cruiser shape)
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 12:17 am

anyone know where i can get a Big Beudl sofa?
Back to top Go down
Fujykky
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Fujykky

mob grip

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 9:41 am

I haven't noticed any rattling? Just tightened them so they will roll but not rattle?
Back to top Go down
Fujykky
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Fujykky

mob grip

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:01 pm

Hey guys im orderin a bw xwide deck ( the blue anchor one) and some wheels.

Are oaks very grippy on wood and little softer materials? as i've used only hard wheels (little stones and chinas) and tried g1 close up urethane wheels im wondering are oaks as grippy as close ups? I like little friction and grip but too much will just make it unpleasant for me..

And if not oaks then winklers?
Oh and also i was thinkin for oak bananas for the matching deck colour wink what ya guys think?
Back to top Go down
Schade
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Schade

Setup : Homewood, Blackriver, Ruff

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:06 pm

This year I've decided I'm gonna finally stop rolling and grinding on china trucks/wheels.

I'm thinking Oaks for wheels, but I'm not sure where I should go on trucks. Any advice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next