Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLevel Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

Companies : Level Up Fingerboards

Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 Empty
PostSubject: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 5:34 am

Level Up Fingerboards is a brand new company out of Connecticut, USA that has been just over a year in the making. Our first run of hand-made decks launched on July 2nd along with the official opening of our BigCartel Webshop. The BigCartel page offers our entire line of product including decks, tape, and tuning. Also, I have included a Deck Specs page that really shows off all the features of our unique shape. Reviews and references can be found through the Forum Links below. I am really excited about all of the positive feedback we have been getting from members here as a new company.  

LEVEL UP FINGERBOARDS LINKS:
BigCartel
Youtube Channel
Email: LevelUpFingerboards@gmail.com

Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 Clearcoat_zps97bc5209

Last edited by LevelUpFingerboards on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:46 am; edited 41 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://Levelupfingerboards.bigcartel.com
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 12:22 am

They look nicely made but the kicks are too high for me

good luck though I look forward to seeing what you have in the future very happy
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 5:20 am

The BigCartel Webshop is officially open:

http://LevelUpFingerboards.bigcartel.com

For the first run of decks there are 4 different blanks with maple or walnut top/bottom plies, 6 maple/walnut split ply decks, foam tape and skate grip, bushings, and two different color packs of pivot cups.

Shipping is $2 anywhere in the US and $5 worldwide. All products have their own individual packaging (baggy and card topper) and will be shipped in a bubble mailer envelope for safe travel.

As a new company I would love to hear feedback (good or bad) on any products, site design, or customer service. I am easily reached through PM or email with any questions, comments, or concerns. If you write a review or make a video (unboxing, review, skate session) let me know! I have a dedicated playlist on the Level Up Youtube page to compile any user videos of Level Up products.

Thanks for stopping by!
-Jason
Back to top Go down
Fujykky
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Fujykky

Setup : Cowply 33mm
wide brts/med oringz&witchcrafts
Nolliewheels little stones
mob grip

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:46 am

These look great! Keep up the work and maybe we'll see some mellower molds in future? wink
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:11 am

Hey man! I think it would be a huge improvement if you got your hands on some more interesting veneers. The decks doesn't look bad crafted, but maple and walnut is kinda dull in the colour, especially since you only use a nice think coat of lacquer.
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:54 am

Thanks for the compliments guys! A lot of hard work goes into the craftsmanship of each deck and I am always looking for input to help expand the product selection.

- It might be a little while before I can invest in new molds, but I have already started working on different width and length stencils for my current mold. I know that low and mid range kicks are the most popular, which is what prompted me to make my own decks to fit my preference for high kicks.

-Exotic and colored veneer is top on my list for improving my decks. I bought a lot of maple and walnut to start knowing I would use a bunch practicing and evolving my deck making.
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:57 pm

FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND = 20% OFF DECKS & FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA

Hey everyone! This weekend there will be free shipping within the US for all Level Up orders in our BigCartel store and decks have been reduced 20% ($8 instead of $10). Give our foam tape a try as well, it was very popular among the Beta testers.

However, I totally understand if you don't place an order because all your money went into illegal fireworks...  cherry 
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 2:40 am

The decks look fantastic dude. I dig the shape too. It reminds me of an old Morning Wood deck I have
Back to top Go down
Micaso
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Micaso

Companies : Micaso
Setup : Blue 32mm Micaso "31"
TDLB w/ black baseplates
Black CNC Lathe
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: 20% Off Decks & Free Shipping (USA)   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 3:42 am

I'm totally going to buy one of these this weekend happy They look nice and at this price I can not refuse !
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Sale extended into next week:
- Free Shipping (USA) available on all orders placed through Tuesday July 8th
- Decks will stay at $8 for the rest of July

Since I didn't really post about the sale until late in the day on Friday and a lot of people are busy for the holiday weekend I will be extending the free shipping in the US for an extra two days. Being a new company there are only a small handful of people out there who have a Level Up deck (either personal friends, Beta testers, and a few trades). Hopefully by lowering the price below the average cost of any other hand made deck company, people will be willing to give these decks a try.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement,
-Jason
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 7:50 pm

your decks look really good and for $8 i'd feel like steeling from you  wink 
it's just the high kicks that prevented me from ordering one - just preference.
keep it up!
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 2:32 pm

The Free Shipping promotion has ended, but the first run of decks will stay at $8 for the rest of July. New stock will be available soon in these sizes:
-31.5 x 99 (4 Decks)
-32 x 99.5 (4 Decks)
-33 x 100 (4 Decks)

Here's the teaser :
Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 F87B5C57-A81A-4052-8998-B51AEEA1BA7B_zpsgbxxptp4
"BUT WHAT'S THE BOTTOM PLY??!!"  affraid

Last edited by LevelUpFingerboards on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 9:49 pm

LevelUpFingerboards wrote:
-Exotic and colored veneer is top on my list for improving my decks. I bought a lot of maple and walnut to start knowing I would use a bunch practicing and evolving my deck making.

Find some food colour and a small container and dye those plies very happy
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:56 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
LevelUpFingerboards wrote:

Find some food colour and a small container and dye those plies very happy

Plies are already in dye right now to be used for the 3rd release... but keep it hush hush, it's gonna be a surprise wink
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 5:08 am

TAPE SALE!!!

Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 3680FB38-9E71-4E36-B7F5-63863944F504_zpskw1g2rht

-Foam Tape 3pk now $2

This is not China tape, craft foam, or weatherstripping... After extensive trial and error I contacted an adhesive tape manufacturer in North Carolina with a description of what I needed in a fingerboard tape: 1.5mm thick, grippy soft fiber texture, and easy compression. They set me up with a few variations to try and I selected the best of the best to carry as my own line of fingerboard tape. This tape feels good from the minute you peel that backing and wears into a comfy finger carpet for the top of your deck. On sale now at $2 for a 3pk: buy it, try it, and let me know what you think. Obviously I think it's awesome... (or I'd still be looking for a tape that is)

Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 2BE97E3E-6C99-477C-AED2-D469E59AC5BE_zpsmrdbd48p
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:56 am

But first... let me make a Recap:
-Check out the post directly above this regarding the $2 foam tape 3pk, there is no other tape out there at this high a quality for such a small price.
-The 1st Release of decks are on sale for only $8 through the end of the month.

"The Dirty Dozen" 2nd Release:
3 new sizes of decks with a Maple/Walnut Split Ply bottom. High kicks, deep concave, with a longer nose than tail in a hi-gloss finish. These decks are all one of a kind and ready to ride. $10 each, plus they come with a piece of foam tape.

Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 2ndComb_zps71d68323

CUSTOMER REVIEW!
I would like to give a shout out to Daniel Chua from Singapore for making this great review of one of my decks, bushings, and pivot cups. Go check his channel out on YouTube where he has been posting some shorts he's done at film school. https://www.youtube.com/convers0211

Thanks for stopping by,
-Jason

Last edited by LevelUpFingerboards on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Hey, you make REALLY nice fingerboards, but I think a good way to get more sales (in my opinion) is selling some on ebay -- since it seems more of the new people to fingerboarding look to ebay and want a cheaper deck. Also, these people also like higher kicks and a deeper concave so I think your decks would sell pretty well. Just a thought though, you can do whatever you want with your company happy
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 7:27 pm

milk wrote:
Hey, you make REALLY nice fingerboards, but I think a good way to get more sales (in my opinion) is selling some on ebay -- since it seems more of the new people to fingerboarding look to ebay and want a cheaper deck. Also, these people also like higher kicks and a deeper concave so I think your decks would sell pretty well. Just a thought though, you can do whatever you want with your company happy

Thanks man! I've never sold anything on Ebay before but I believe there is a fee on their end for anything you do sell, which is one of the reasons I went with BigCartel (to stay free as a storefront). I will eventually be throwing down the "big bucks" on a mellower mold which will certainly appeal to more people. In the meantime, I'm the guy to go to for "sky high kicks and gully deep concave"   very happy 
Back to top Go down
Sk8orDie7
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Sk8orDie7

Companies : Flip Club FB Crew
Setup : P-REP 32MM BASIC COMPLETE - ZEBRA

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Those are some great looking decks!
Back to top Go down
AnthonyFB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
AnthonyFB

Setup : Berlinwood Wide low
BRT Wide super silvers
Flatface x winkler collabs
Ace 3

Beast Pants Split
BRT Wide super silvers
Flatface x collabs
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Nice split plus you got there (c2 = <3)
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:20 pm

Thanks guys!  What a Face 
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Experimenting with dye for the 3rd release (Mid August?). Very happy to be getting such vibrant colors!
Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 CB3360A8-A546-4A18-9A7A-F4AC3CA1342B_zpsyazvr7xm
Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 4E4CAD1A-1651-442C-B419-0B0D7FC375A9_zpsy5pg2p3h
*New 32x98 stencil!
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Steeze
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Steeze

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 10:41 pm

Wow those colors really do pop.
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 7:29 am

Thanks guys! Pulled the final batch out of the dye yesterday morning. I'll put up a pic of all the set colors tomorrow once they are done drying. In the meantime, I will be creating a new mold which is set to be low/mid kicks with mellow concave.

Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 99680441-6480-4AC7-8170-5476AB26FCA9_zpsenoxhhdw
#Geometry!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15   Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Level Up Fingerboards: "Beta Bushings" Release 11/6, Pg 15

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next