Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 40 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Quick Questions - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 4:23 pm

The choice is really about which wheels you want to run, isn't it? If you want to use Y's or oaks hassle free, go with Ytrucks, if winklers or flatface then brts. Y's come with locknuts that work fine with dual bearing wheels, normal nuts will need to be glued or they will keep spinning off. A tiny bit of pva on the inside of the nut has held up for 3 days so far happy
Back to top Go down
FLEXYFINGERS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : whish i had one
Setup : to be determined

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:40 am

so why do you have black river trucks on your setup if they strip have they already stripped?
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 5:14 am

FLEXYFINGERS wrote:
so why do you have black river trucks on your setup if they strip have they already stripped?

The reason people still use Brts even though they run a higher chance for stripping is A. the performance and B. the looks. Brts are known for being quite heavy but solid feeling trucks and a lot of fingerboarders like that feeling. Also there is no denying that BRTs looks extremely similar to the ones on a real skateboard. As for the stripping issue it's easily fixable by using superglue or a wider screw to rethread the holes.
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

Setup : Setup #1
[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 10:21 am

I pretty much ONLY use BRT's and have never had any issues with them...ever. Y's I prefer on oldschool setups though, as they (tend to) fit more types of wheels...again, never had any problems with Y's either.

I ALWAYS have a chuckle when I hear people talking about BRT's being heavy too...I have weighed BRT's and Y's on digital scales and the difference in weight is 0.01 grams...ROFL! Like, is anyone REALLY noticing that much of a difference...I highly doubt it to be honest.

At the end of the day it really all comes down to 'feel' and personal preference. I notice most people who prefer riding Y's over BRT's tend to ride their trucks looser...and for a loose, responsive feel I think Y's are the better option of the two. For a more rigid, stable feel I would go with BRT's.

- Jono
Back to top Go down
FLEXYFINGERS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:16 pm

thank you
Back to top Go down
Filipe Baião
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filipe Baião

Setup : Cowply C2
Brt wide
Oak

Woob
Brt wide
Oak Bowl

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 6:12 pm

How do i change my profile pic? I want to change for a new one, but it only says to create a avatar/new avatar!
Back to top Go down
Matthew Taylor
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Matthew Taylor

Setup : Berlinwood, BRTs, WC, Winks, FBS.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 6:18 pm

BRTs just feel way better than all other trucks. Ytrucks are more solid but feel like chinas
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Ytrucks (polished)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 11:32 pm

Matthew Taylor wrote:
BRTs just feel way better than all other trucks.
Agreed very happy

- Jono
Back to top Go down
FLEXYFINGERS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:13 am

So you guys have never stripped them?
Back to top Go down
Baby Face Bubsy
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Baby Face Bubsy

Setup : Beast Pants
brr trucks/ wc bushing
FF brr ed wheels
no comply foamy g

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:32 am

Filipe Baião wrote:
How do i change my profile pic? I want to change for a new one, but it only says to create a avatar/new avatar!
There should be a option to use a avatar off your desktop, which you can upload a picture you want that you have on your computer.Should look like this
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Ytrucks (polished)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:37 am

FLEXYFINGERS wrote:
I haven't...and I have owned about 4 sets of them....never had any issues to date but I also dont change my wheels or decks very often either (once every 2 months maybe?)...I would say using the threads often or in excess would wear them down (faster) and lead to them eventually stripping...but like I said already, I am yet to have any problems with mine.

- Jono
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:56 am

FLEXYFINGERS wrote:
I've never stripped a set either. if you constantly take your trucks off of your deck then they are more likely to strip. I usually keep my trucks on the deck for months at a time.

Although i love brts, i have been using my setup with Tech Deck wide trucks with tuning and they are actually amazing. I haven't missed my brts yet. Im sure once i switch back to them then ill fall in love with the brts all over again.
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 12:10 pm

i have stripped 2 BRT baseplates over the years, but i did change em about a fair bit, still i have never stripped any Y trucks an change them about a hell of a lot more

i personally would vouch for Y trucks over BRTs anyday cuz ther cheaper, better colours, dont strip as easily, the axels dont spin round, you can fit all types of wheels on em, and they come with decent bushings (havent tried the new orange BRT bushings though)

but this debate comes up all the time, its like whats better, coca cola or pepsi?, or whats your favourite animal dogs or cats? lol
Back to top Go down
Matthew Taylor
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Matthew Taylor

Setup : Berlinwood, BRTs, WC, Winks, FBS.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:49 pm

FLEXYFINGERS wrote:
I only stripped one baseplate but that was me being stupid and pulling them off when they weren't full screwed off. You wont strip them if you use the right screws and are careful.
Back to top Go down
Filipe Baião
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filipe Baião

Setup : Cowply C2
Brt wide
Oak

Woob
Brt wide
Oak Bowl

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 5:54 pm

I have both, and my favourites with no doubt are brt's! Super smooth grinds and they're heavier
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Ytrucks (polished)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 8:26 pm

eddie Victory wrote:
(havent tried the new orange BRT bushings though)
They are 'mediums', so the same as the BRT black bushings (from memory)...just in a different colour happy

Filipe Baião wrote:
I have both, and my favourites with no doubt are brt's! Super smooth grinds and they're heavier
The weight difference between Y's and BRT's is 0.01gram...so they are barely heavier...I might have to make up a truck and wheel weight guide when I get some spare time for everyone to look over happy

- Jono

-------

http://www.fingerboardhq.net/viewtopic.forum?t=23134
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40