Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalEmanant - Customer Service Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emanant - Customer Service

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

Emanant - Customer Service Empty
PostSubject: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:41 am

Not sure if this is the correct place to be posting this...
I hate to focus on negativity, but I felt his response was very unprofessional.

I wrote an email to Drake yesterday in regards to an issue with an order.
"Drake….

I feel that I have been more than patient.  I first emailed you about getting this corrected on Dec 22. For a deck that was ordered  Dec 1, 2014. We made an agreement and I am still waiting for the replacement deck.  I feel that 4 months is more than enough time to get me the deck as you said you would.
I realize that things come up, life gets busy, and shitty at times. However, you are running a business and you need to take care of your customers. I was pumped when I first ordered the deck from you, I liked what your company stood for… and what you were all about… not too sure anymore..

I’m not trying to hate, or be negative…. But come on… how would you feel in my shoes?

J."

^^This was in response to an email Drake sent me in February asking me to "be patient".

Anyhow, this was Drakes response to my email yesterday..
"Listen, you got a deck. At this point I'm sorry. Even if I explained what I been threw in the past 4 months it doesn't matter. I have warrants. I'm about surviving, eating, and not ending up in jail. I've been homeless. Sorry the finish on your decks not perfect I'm sure it performs amazing. I'm in more deck debt than fine debt almost. Mad or not it's real skatelife. "

I don't feel that this is a good way of doing business... and I just wanted to let you guys know..

On a positive note, the deck I did receive from Drake did perform quite well. But the finish on it was way messed up. Bubble wrapped before the lacquer dried.. A simple "I'm having a rough time right now, sorry about this. I will send out a deck as soon as I can." would have been fine.

Sorry bout the negativity....

Happy Friday Fuggers!! afro  afro
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:07 pm

"mad or not its real skatelife"

lol
Back to top Go down
azskater234
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
azskater234

Companies : Skate Candy Fingerboards
Setup : It changes too much ^-^

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptyFri May 01, 2015 5:11 pm

When i went to the arizona event like a month ago, him and his friends were just smoking weed over in the other parking lot. so he has unuff money to buy dope i guess tongue Also the decks that he was selling looked great...except the laquer was horrible. air bubble everywhere. chips, and what looks like he put finger prints and dirt in the lacquer ): Not to be negative but...he should take the money that he buys weed with and buy himself some food, or something usefull. then he might not be homeless affraid Not saying that i dont feel bad for him, but i dont think he is in the position to run a company.
Back to top Go down
http://skatecandyfb.com
Dos Dedos
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Dos Dedos

Companies : Dos Dedos Fingerboards
Setup : Dos Dedos Rasta Split Ply 32mm - bbr trucks - winklers
Dos Dedos Green & Lime Plys 29mm - y trucks - winklers
Berlinwood rasta wide - bbr trucks - winkler big daddies
Berlinwood camo classic - brr trucks - winkler wheels
Yellowood g6 - y-trucks - winkler wheels
Flatface g14 - brr wide trucks - flatface blem z wheels
100's of tech decks : )

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:40 pm

Here my point of view on decks. Anything hand made will not be perfect. If you want perfect you will need to get something made in mass production. If its like really really off though than thats a different story. Maybe you shoukd post a photo or 2 so we know whats going on. Drake does some amazing work so im sure it aint that bad
Back to top Go down
woob
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
woob

Companies : woob
Setup : woob

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Dos Dedos wrote:
Here my point of view on decks. Anything hand made will not be perfect. If you want perfect you will need to get something made in mass production.

uh no
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/zmwoob
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:49 pm

Dos Dedos wrote:
Here my point of view on decks. Anything hand made will not be perfect. If you want perfect you will need to get something made in mass production. If its like really really off though than thats a different story. Maybe you shoukd post a photo or 2 so we know whats going on. Drake does some amazing work so im sure it aint that bad
Quite the opposite from my experience. Mass production is all about quantity over quality. Handmade decks get hours of attention where china decks get a fraction of that.
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Ryan wrote:
Dos Dedos wrote:
Quite the opposite from my experience. Mass production is all about quantity over quality. Handmade decks get hours of attention where china decks get a fraction of that.

I totally agree with this! And as for the deck, I understand why J would be upset about it. When you buy a product you expect it to be well made, with little to no flaws, but if the flaws are obvious then there's a problem. I'd be just as upset as well. Unless, the deck has a graphic, you could sand off the nasty lacquer and refinish it yourself? awkward
Back to top Go down
Dos Dedos
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Dos Dedos

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:53 pm

A lot of brands outsource the deck making process and then conduct the final finishing processes such and edging, graphics and so forth. I am coming from a metal machinist point of view with 10 years of experience. If is proven that we as humans are not perfect, so how can we expect to hand make something to near perfection? If i was to cut something in a band saw it would not be as close to perfection as if i did the same job with a cad file on a cnc mill. Oh and i never made any mention of "CHINA" in my previous statement. Even usa companies such as crude fingerboards outsource some of the deck making processes to offer a better made product at a more affordable price, that does not mean they go out of the usa to do this. Oh and woob thanks for responding to my message in this thread but failing to ever reply to any of my other post when i am trying to buy a deck from you... thats true customer service there. Ill rather get a response i dont like than no response at all
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:57 pm

I can name plenty of people who hand make their decks perfectly...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:07 am

Dos Dedos wrote:
A lot of brands outsource the deck making process and then conduct the final finishing processes such and edging, graphics and so forth. I am coming from a metal machinist point of view with 10 years of experience. If is proven that we as humans are not perfect, so how can we expect to hand make something to near perfection? If i was to cut something in a band saw it would not be as close to perfection as if i did the same job with a cad file on a cnc mill. Oh and i never made any mention of "CHINA" in my previous statement. Even usa companies such as crude fingerboards outsource some of the deck making processes to offer a better made product at a more affordable price, that does not mean they go out of the usa to do this. Oh and woob thanks for responding to my message in this thread but failing to ever reply to any of my other post when i am trying to buy a deck from you... thats true customer service there. Ill rather get a response i dont like than no response at all
All I'm saying is that there's a reason people buy decks made by the seller than any old china deck. An yes handmade is not perfect but there's certain flaws you can't have in a deck. Presentation means a lot to people so the finish should be presentable. That's just my two cents is all I'm not tryin to completely trash what you think!
Back to top Go down
woob
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
woob

Companies : woob
Setup : woob

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:16 am

dos dedos, I don't make boards because im told to.. I make them when I can, and mostly for friends and family of woob. I release stocks for people when I can, but you cant just expect a woob because you want one, though I appreciate your interest. its a labor of love, a patient process that also requires patience to get one.

sorry youre bummed with my style of replying to you. just got internet back after not having it for two months, if that eases your mind~ I dont just blatantly ignore people. i used wifi when i went out, to stay active and in touch.. just gotta understand i have a lot of catching up to do. my b bro~

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/zmwoob
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:19 am

Ryan wrote:
Dos Dedos wrote:

There's a reason why handmade stuff usually have much much better quality than mass produced products. Hand made stuff makes you look at the details really closely as you try your best to hide your flaws before your shop teacher comes over with a saw and fricking DESTROYS YOUR FRICKING FUNBOX WHEN YOU FINALLY GOT THE DIMENSIONS RIGHT AND SPENT A DAMN 2 MONTHS FINISHING IT UP.

Back on topic though, the way Drake handled this was poor. Also doesn't help if you've seen how he drills his holes.....
Back to top Go down
jackson
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
jackson

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:44 am

drakes been pretty different these last couple years from what i have seen. i haven't first hand experienced one of his decks recently, but have seen many others not too happy with what they received. id much rather wait for a woob stock and pay like 40$ for a deck than some other company. just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Dos Dedos
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Dos Dedos

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:12 am

Thank you for the positive replies from everyone regarding my comment. I completely understand everyones point of view and yes it is true that attention to detail is highly considered with the high prices paid for these tiny hand made boards. I do underrstand everyones point of view and i hope some of you understand mine as well. There are plenty of usa brands that make mass produced parts in the usa with extreme attention to detail also. Thank you zac from woob for the reply i am glad to hear from you and hopefully on day ill be able to buy myself a woob ive been wanting one for years now. I understand the posters thread also reason why i think it would be good idea for him to post a pic or 2 that way we can see the issue at hand.
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:47 am

some choose the turn up life, others don't
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emanant - Customer Service   Emanant - Customer Service Empty

Back to top Go down

Emanant - Customer Service

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1