Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDid you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you always think BRT's were worth it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SiCar
SiCar

Companies : Cartwheels

Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 9:22 pm

alexander wrote:
ytrucks are garbage lol they feel like a glorified set of tuned tech deck trucks. brt are well worth the price, they grind amazingly and feel so nice with blackriver edition wheels (mainly flatface).

Ouch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cartwheels.bigcartel.com
Jay
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 10:22 pm

Alex hit the nail on the head tho. I bought a set of Y-Trucks when they first came out (I've tried them since, as well) and they felt the same as Tech Deck wides to me. I can honestly say I like the feeling of TD, Dumps, etc... but Blackriver Trucks have such a different response and feeling that is more ideal for me. The argument of 'you don't need them, you're fine with TD trucks' is irrelevant. You don't need a color TV, you don't need a nice car, you don't need a quality this, that, or the anything... but you're able to get them if you want them. I've also broken one baseplate, and one hanger (from walking into a wall) out of the 10-15 sets that I've owned in the past 6 years... so I don't know what you guys are doing, but have a bit more patience and use less force maybe?
Back to top Go down
http://backwoodscreep.tumblr.com/
Rens
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Rens

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 1:25 pm

agreed with what jay said in his last sentence.
i think brt's are most definitely worth it, but the wide hangers already feel too heavy for me so i only use my regular hangers.
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Rens wrote:
agreed with what jay said in his last sentence.
i think brt's are most definitely worth it, but the wide hangers already feel too heavy for me so i only use my regular hangers.

going from td wides to blackriver trucks, i never felt much of a weight difference. it never really affected anything regarding the weight of my deck.. at least i dont feel like it did. i'm already used to my brt's and i've had them since thursday!
Back to top Go down
aadfisherman
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
aadfisherman

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 2:19 pm

I've never tried ytrucks, but I've been using my brts for over two years now and have had no problems with them. I'm very impressed with the quality of them and love how they feel on grinds.

The initial $65 seems steep, but once you get years of use out of them it doesn't seem nearly as bad.
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 2:49 pm

i originally had all y's... and IMO they are a great truck... I have more recently traded for a couple pairs of BRT wides and I love them... they seem a little more touchy, and you need to be a little more careful setting them up. Just use common sense..

Food for thought...
not sure about you guys, but on average I will buy about 1.5 coffees a day. This is about 3$ a day. After a month that would be about $90. In the past when I really wanted something but I couldn't justify spending the money I would give up coffee for a bit and just make it at home... If I am willing to fork out $90 a month on coffee... I should be willing to spend $65 for something that will last a lot longer...
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 3:30 pm

That's the point. The same thing is when some people buy a pack of fags everyday. £7 a day after a month would be about £210. £210 is about $322. afro
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 3:38 pm

i often wake up after a night out an have a nervous breakdown when i check my bank balance

spendin £45 on some fingerboarding trucks is nothing when your a bit older an have a job i guess
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 3:40 pm

eddie Victory wrote:
i often wake up after a night out an have a nervous breakdown when i check my bank balance

spendin £45 on some fingerboarding trucks is nothing when your a bit older an have a job i guess

lmao... if we can throw down 100-200$ for a night out... why not!!
And yes... I think the age has a lot to do with it...
Back to top Go down
GeraldineMilne
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GeraldineMilne

Companies : Teak x GrindSir

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 10:00 pm

I've owned and ridden quite a few sets of BRTs, but now I ride Ys since I used dual bearing wheels.
I LOVE the chrome look of the BRTs and the sound of the grind, but what got to me was being restricted to BRT edition wheels, breaking (had hanger and baseplate issues on most of my sets).

It's honestly just a matter of personal preference. I think we could argue all day over BRTs vs. TDLBS vs. Ytrucks. They each have their lists of pro's and con's, so... to each their own.
Back to top Go down
Wes W.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Wes W.

Setup : Redwolf regular shape 32.5
china wides
flatface user shangs
Cartwheels prototypes
unknown foam tape

Cowply c1 one of a kind split
brts
winks big daddy'z
Sean's bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 3:12 pm

The 1.0's were the biggest successful failure I have ever seen by a company. They had sooooo many flaws, yet sold for 75 bucks a set, correct me if I'm wrong, so my hat is definitely off to Blackriver. Award for best troll in history of trolls goes too...
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 3:26 pm

GeraldineMilne wrote:

They each have their lists of pro's and con's, so... to each their own.

I would like to hear your "cons" for ytrucks... I personally cant think of any! very happy
Back to top Go down
Estevan Rivera
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Estevan Rivera

Companies : NPR Crete
Setup : Homewood Mid Shape
BRT 32mm
Joycult Wheels
Level Up "Beta Bushings"
FBS Tape

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 7:18 pm

^^I love my Y's more than I did my BRT's but both pairs of Ytrucks I have turn to the right (one pair does it way more than the other) no matter what bushings I have on them or how loose they are. That would be my only con about them
Back to top Go down
Jay
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Wes W. wrote:
The 1.0's were the biggest successful failure I have ever seen by a company. They had sooooo many flaws, yet sold for 75 bucks a set, correct me if I'm wrong, so my hat is definitely off to Blackriver. Award for best troll in history of trolls goes too...

Yeah, because nothing has ever failed in history. Especially not cars, or like... the Hindenburg which might be things that are a bit more important to not fail than a set of fingerboard trucks.

You'll cowards don't even land tricks.

KapitalJ makes the best point regarding coffee consumption in this thread. Some of you should think before you type. You'll nut about a deck that is garbage (and you can use the same pricing argument as the one about trucks toward) but has some trendy artwork on it, but you'll cry when someone tries to push innovation at a slight price.
Back to top Go down
Roxas
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Roxas

Setup : Prete 6009 31mm
Brr trucks regs with brt black bushings
Flatface Brr edition Green and black wheels
Foamy greatness

Awwwww yeah~

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Jay wrote:
Wes W. wrote:

Yeah, because nothing has ever failed in history. Especially not cars, or like... the Hindenburg which might be things that are a bit more important to not fail than a set of fingerboard trucks.

KapitalJ makes the best point regarding coffee consumption in this thread. Some of you should think before you type. You'll nut about a deck that is garbage (and you can use the same pricing argument as the one about trucks toward) but has some trendy artwork on it, but you'll cry when someone tries to push innovation at a slight price.
I feel like the mic should have been dropped after this post. Damn, that's the truth.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Jay wrote:
Wes W. wrote:

Case closed.
Back to top Go down
Wes W.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Wes W.

china wides
flatface user shangs
Cartwheels prototypes
unknown foam tape

brts
winks big daddy'z
Sean's bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 9:38 pm

Don't hate because I was expressing my opinion, it's mine for the sharing, don't like it, don't listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Jay
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 10:59 pm

I wasn't hating, and that term is thrown around far too loosely. I was expressing my opinion just as much as you were. If you're allowed to express yours, then so am I? Free world son! Don't like it, don't read it! Basketball

With that said; are they expensive trucks? Yes. Is the price reasonable? Depends who you are. Can you use other trucks? Of course.

Back to top Go down
Wes W.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Wes W.

china wides
flatface user shangs
Cartwheels prototypes
unknown foam tape

brts
winks big daddy'z
Sean's bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:05 pm

Well the 2.0's are absolutely worth it, I've tried both, I was just saying that the 1.0's were a successful failure. lol
Back to top Go down
Casin0
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Casin0

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:26 pm

Its worth what it means to you. One mans trash is another's treasure.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Taylor
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Matthew Taylor

Setup : Berlinwood, BRTs, WC, Winks, FBS.

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 7:57 am

There isn't much wrong with ytrucks but they do bend on the hanger. BRTs feel much better though, you cant deny it and the hangers wearing is actually really cool imo having a crook mark on a fingerboard is rad to me, reminds me of real boards because after like a year or so on a truck it will have like a crook mark and spots where I do 50-50s on coping. also ytrucks are fuck ugly and brts look way better.
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 12:44 am

they  were  worth the 0 dollars and 0 cents I payed for them

Edit: As a reply to that one guy I honestly can't think of anything that I buy once a day or even once every other day. So I think it is fair that I can say 70 or so dollars is a lot of money for fingerboard trucks. Of course that doesn't apply to everyone though.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Taylor
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Matthew Taylor

Setup : Berlinwood, BRTs, WC, Winks, FBS.

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:02 am

^^^ How did you get them free?
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:47 pm

Matthew Taylor wrote:

I traveled all the way to England just in time for crossed fingers and I did some personal favors for Kerry. Personal.Favors.
Back to top Go down
evanwinther
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
evanwinther

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:53 pm

huggiemanbearpig wrote:
Matthew Taylor wrote:

I traveled all the way to England just in time for crossed fingers and I did some personal favors for Kerry. Personal.Favors.

o_o honestly it would be worth it... Brts are amazing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you always think BRT's were worth it?   Did you always think BRT's were worth it? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you always think BRT's were worth it?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next