Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhat is and isn't worth the extra money? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is and isn't worth the extra money?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

What is and isn't worth the extra money? Empty
PostSubject: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptySun May 22, 2016 1:54 am

Worth it: Oak wheels

Not worth it: Blackriver Trucks
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptySun May 22, 2016 1:58 am

I feel like most things are worth it but two things stick out in my mind that aren't worth their money. 1) BRR Trucks and 2) Fingerboard Wax. I remember back when Flatface G7 wheels came out they were upwards of $60 and I thought that was pretty ridiculous too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
riptape.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
riptape.

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptySun May 22, 2016 2:54 am

j peterson wrote:
this thread is stupid its all ur opinion u can ride a techdeck and be cool u can ride brts and be cool

Last edited by riptape. on Sun May 22, 2016 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Companies : Witness. Fingerboards
Setup : Witness. 32mm
BRT Wides w/Beta Bushings
Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptySun May 22, 2016 4:47 am

milk wrote:
Worth it: Oak wheels

Not worth it: Blackriver Trucks

I would switch those around.
Back to top Go down
http://witnessfingerboards.bigcartel.com
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptySun May 22, 2016 5:55 am

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
milk wrote:
Worth it: Trucks

Not worth it: wheels

I would switch those around.

"Fixed"
Back to top Go down
Naviture
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Naviture

Companies : NALA+ Ramps
Setup : BW X-wide LOW + BRT 32s + Winkler Wheels Classics

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptySun May 22, 2016 2:20 pm

From a practical point of view

Worth it: Decks, Wheels and Tuning (since the quality can affect your perfomance, your selection I guess is more on your preference)

Not worth it: Trucks (You can ride dump trucks on all setups and still have the same feel as any other imo they're more for the aesthetics I feel. And you'll be grinding this on all surfaces so expensive trucks just hurts a bit lol)

If money wasn't a problem lol point of view

Worth it: All of em'

Not worth it: China tape and anything else that just doesn't look handmade.
Back to top Go down
j peterson
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
j peterson

Setup : @indextheory

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptySun May 22, 2016 8:19 pm

this thread is stupid its all ur opinion u can ride a techdeck and be cool u can ride brts and be cool
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptySun May 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Worth it : Fleshlight

Not worth it : Anything else
Back to top Go down
riptape.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
riptape.

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptySun May 22, 2016 9:15 pm

j peterson wrote:
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptyMon May 23, 2016 12:43 am

j peterson wrote:

so you're saying anything that isn't a tech deck isn't worth it?
Back to top Go down
j peterson
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
j peterson

Setup : @indextheory

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptyMon May 23, 2016 1:07 am

milk wrote:
j peterson wrote:

so you're saying anything that isn't a tech deck isn't worth it?

a techdeck is everything, of course its worth it. most people got inspired to start because of them it is really what has started fingerboarding.

im just saying "worth it" is really different for everyone and there no way to argue whats better then what other then how people enjoy how the item feels. you could base if off of how things are priced but some people gladly spend the 65 on brts and think its worth every penny. cheap fb stuff is cool expensive fb stuff is cool. no disrespect geek
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptyMon May 23, 2016 3:55 am

Danny H wrote:

PREACH
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptyWed May 25, 2016 8:39 am

JessM wrote:
Danny H wrote:

PREACH

Not worth it :Danny's mum for the night

jocolor
I JOKE I JOKE <3

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST.
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
akomplice
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
akomplice

Setup : Woob
Joycults
Dump Trucks (temporarily)

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 9:22 am

Worth it: good foam tape

Not worth it: black river trucks
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 6:16 pm

I've used all sorts of trucks (Dump, Tech Deck, Y's) and honestly the BRTs have the best weight/feel to me. It made a huge difference in my flip tricks. The deck rotates slightly slower and the wheels fit better (Oaks). I only "ride" indoors and grind on metal or wood so I'm not concerned about ruining them. I can see why if you ride concrete that you wouldn't want to shred your BRTs, but to me they are worth it.

The only thing not worth it is spending full price on any of this stuff. Go on here or Instagram and get it slightly used for a bit off. My brand new BRTs were only $40 (yes, brand new in box). My other set were the same price. Oaks were around $20. I did buy the Y's brand new and that was dumb of me, but I sold them for $45 so I almost got my money back. It's all personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is and isn't worth the extra money?   What is and isn't worth the extra money? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is and isn't worth the extra money?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1