Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhat era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What era of fingerboarding did you come from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 1:13 pm

The first Tech Decks in 199X ... but realized how to Ollie in 2014, when i discovered the online scene.
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 3:37 pm

i got into it when teck decks came out around 1999, still got my first ever deck, it was a fake tech deck from a shop called carols discount lol

got back into it an discovered the scene properly around 2012 though

are ther any specific names for the eras of fingerboarding??

i guess now would be considered the instagram era??
you could say ther was the FFI era and the tech deck eras??

what do u guys think?
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Used my first Tech Deck in around 2008... then came back at around 2013 and used my first wooden fingerboard.
Back to top Go down
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

Companies : S.O.D Money Gang
Setup : Ambt brts witchcrafts flatface

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 1:34 am

I started in 07 where I copped a primo deck
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 1:56 am

Started in 2011 with Tech decks. Used to lurk FBHQ in 2012 then joined a year later.
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 2:38 am

got my first tech deck in 2010, then a broken knuckle in 2011... so the 2010 era lol
Back to top Go down
efrandsen
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
efrandsen

Setup : Weca Hotdog Deck
Y-trucks x4 w/red Witchcrafts
Winkler Wheels - H2T2
+++++++++++++++++++++
BW Alva "Trampire"
BRTs Black Jacks w/black+white Witchcrafts
Winkler Wheels - B/W Junks
+++++++++++++++++++++
Woodguest Sailor 32mm
C4 Trucks w/ white Witchcrafts
Oak Blue Team RVs
+++++++++++++++++++++
Private Press - Mike McGill Replica
BRTs 29mm w/red+black Witchcrafts
Winkler Wheels Black

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 2:58 pm

Got my first Zoo York Tech Deck on a trip to London in 1998, I think it was.. Then i got my first Berlinwood i like 2002-3 when I realized that fingerboarding was huge in Germany. Didn't get pro setups until 2012 I think.. Been doing this finger fun for a damn long now very happy
Back to top Go down
Jaymes
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jaymes

Companies : Arson decks

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 4:04 pm

Got my first tech deck when I was 4, so 1999 it was my neighbours that he left in my yard so I snagged it. I think I ended up giving it back after I got my own. I used to mess around with it, pressure flips were my only trick. Watched fingers of fury on YouTube when I was around 9, once I saw that people could actually make the board do tricks without holding it or whatever, I really got into it. Started progressing, got two berlinwoods when I was 12, so 2007. I was hooked after that. I got made fun of back in middle school, by the older kids at the skatepark. I had over 100 videos on YouTube and over 1000 subs but I deleted all of the videos. Still regret it so much lol, I still have all my first gen tech decks, and a bunch of fb relics from back when the scene first started pickin up.
Back to top Go down
azskater234
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
azskater234

Companies : Skate Candy Fingerboards
Setup : It changes too much ^-^

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 9:17 pm

I started about Late 2011, Started making decks in early 2012 (: didnt get a real setup till about a year ad a Half, and it was a green BK complete tongue I started right when people started using 32mm decks haha What a Face Fingerboarding has come a long way cheers
Back to top Go down
http://skatecandyfb.com
evanwinther
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
evanwinther

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 12:53 pm

Started about about a year ago (2014/15) when KingSalami moved here! He gave me my first wooden deck with td wheels and trucks and I still have it. Probably going to set it up again soon.
Back to top Go down
Casin0
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Casin0

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:55 am

i think ive been doing it about 14 years off and on always a hobby. my parents owned a sporting goods store with a skate shop so ive been exposed to and embraced skate culture my whole life from cky to almost round 3, jackass, at an early age so im predisposed to fingerboarding but to answer the question what era do i come from i would like to say i'm not biased to a certain age one may have nostalgia but really i want this era to be just as impactful as my roots , sk8ordie
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 12:00 am

Like 2010 or some shit idk
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 11:16 am

Wow everyone is young! I started fingerboarding in 1998? Right when Tech Decks were super popular and just released. I had a 4'x4' card table my mom bought me and put together a cardboard taped skatepark with Kintect and lego rails / steps. It was a decent set-up at the time. I also had most of the Tech Deck ramps. I stopped in 2003, and then started again during college in 2010. My first "real" board was a Peoples Republic (Broken Knuckle) board and recently I have started riding Homewoods.
Back to top Go down
girlfingerboarder
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
girlfingerboarder

Setup : Whatever i feel like

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 2:54 pm

07/08
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/girlfingerboarder1
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 5:03 pm

Well let's see

5th grade I spent a lot of time trying to figure out where everyone was getting tech decks because they looked fucking sick
6th grade I found out and starting doing that, but then I started making paper decks for kids at school.
7th grad a got a prowood extreme shape (that thing was the shit) and started hanging out more with my buddy Jacob
Me and jake were the "tech deck kids" at my school and I often got shit for it but I didn't care a whole lot.
8th grade a started making "Ultra Decks" and that was a phase until me and jake combined for OG Decks, until I kicked him out the door for crafting issues he couldn't fix.
Here I am, 6 years later.
So, I guess technically 2009ish.
Back to top Go down
Wes W.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Wes W.

Setup : Redwolf regular shape 32.5
china wides
flatface user shangs
Cartwheels prototypes
unknown foam tape

Cowply c1 one of a kind split
brts
winks big daddy'z
Sean's bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 7:43 pm

Love all these stories, takes me back!
Back to top Go down
jaenkei
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
jaenkei

Setup : Besour 32.5
TDLB
Oaks
Witchcrafts
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Back when Tech Decks were pretty new. I remember getting that huge plastic half pipe and getting a VHS of some fingerboarding stuff on it (anyone know what I'm talking about and have a link somewhere?). I still think about a part of that video where these guys had a spinning table with obstacles on it sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Casin0
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Casin0

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:58 pm

@wes_w. yea i remember when no one skated 32mm
Back to top Go down
Wes W.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Wes W.

Setup : Redwolf regular shape 32.5
china wides
flatface user shangs
Cartwheels prototypes
unknown foam tape

Cowply c1 one of a kind split
brts
winks big daddy'z
Sean's bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 1:03 am

@Casin0 yeah man, 28-30 was as wide as people would ride. Nowadays I don't think I know of anybody who prefers those widths anymore.
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 1:29 am

Wes W. wrote:
@Casin0 yeah man, 28-30 was as wide as people would ride. Nowadays I don't think I know of anybody who prefers those widths anymore.

I exclusively fingerboard with the tech deck penny boards.
Back to top Go down
Casin0
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Casin0

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 2:04 am

@wes_w. my roomate likes 30ish
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:03 am

why don't people quote each other instead of the whole @ thing?
Back to top Go down
Casin0
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Casin0

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:27 am

huggiemanbearpig wrote:
i'm not sure i do both
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:32 am

huggiemanbearpig wrote:
because people get a notification if you @ them
Back to top Go down
GeraldineMilne
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GeraldineMilne

Companies : Teak x GrindSir

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:58 pm

I started in 2007 with Tech Decks. I'd never seen any videos or anyone else doing it so all I could do was grabs for the longest time until I saw someone do a flip trick on YouTube affraid
I got a wooden deck off a kid in middle school and later bought a Top Notch deck (I loved it then but looking back it was a piece of crap) and a FlatFace G11.

Thankfully I still have both in my collection I love you

If I could go back and tell my 12 year old self that I'd be riding a 33mm deck one day... I wouldn't believe it confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What era of fingerboarding did you come from?   What era of fingerboarding did you come from? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What era of fingerboarding did you come from?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next