Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 9 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

Companies : Random Shit Inc.
Setup : New main. 2023 we on new shit now

32mm remio catfish saltwater
32mm brtz with level ups
Sadood spitfire 99A wheels
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Stock 2 Beastpants smoking cat.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Aphlikshun (cruiser shape)
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

Quick Questions - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 10:39 pm

alexander wrote:
is yellowoods shipping still awful? i want to buy a set of ytrucks from their site but i dont want to wait a month to get them.

Them and oak wheels honestly have to be the worst places to order from iv been waiting a month for my oaks now, i sent them a pretty nasty email to haha, they have yet to reply back to me lolol
Back to top Go down
riptape.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
riptape.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 2:01 am

movin-like-burnie wrote:
alexander wrote:
is yellowoods shipping still awful? i want to buy a set of ytrucks from their site but i dont want to wait a month to get them.

Them and oak wheels honestly have to be the worst places to order from iv been waiting a month for my oaks now, i sent them a pretty nasty email to haha, they have yet to reply back to me lolol

A "pretty nasty email" isn't going to make your wheels arrive any quicker. From someone who works in customer service seeing something like what you posted pisses me off. Ricardo doesn't manage how long it takes for your wheels to arrive. His job is to make them and ship them, not manage how long it takes. Be patient, it's international it takes a little longer.

lol kids irritate the fuck out of me.
Back to top Go down
alexander
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
alexander

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 2:08 am

riptape. wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:
alexander wrote:

A "pretty nasty email" isn't going to make your wheels arrive any quicker. From someone who works in customer service seeing something like what you posted pisses me off. Ricardo doesn't manage how long it takes for your wheels to arrive. His job is to make them and ship them, not manage how long it takes. Be patient, it's international it takes a little longer.

don't forget you're a kid too, bud.
Back to top Go down
riptape.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
riptape.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 2:47 am

alexander wrote:
riptape. wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:
alexander wrote:

lol oh boy, aren't you the same age "bud" ?
Back to top Go down
alexander
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
alexander

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 2:59 am

riptape. wrote:
alexander wrote:
riptape. wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:
alexander wrote:

highly doubt that buddy.
Back to top Go down
riptape.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
riptape.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 3:12 am

alexander wrote:
riptape. wrote:
alexander wrote:
riptape. wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:
alexander wrote:

highly doubt that buddy.

lolol
Back to top Go down
fokkusu
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
fokkusu

Setup : BW Wide, BRT's, Oak RV2's, Rip
Piratenholz OR Ambt, BRT's, Oak Bowls, FBS

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:36 am

movin-like-burnie wrote:
alexander wrote:

Did you get the dispatchment confirmation email?
It does seem like the FB world is abit behind on shipping and customer service at times! haha
Back to top Go down
Mike1West
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Mike1West

Setup : DK logo deck 33.5mm
Custom silver trucks
White bearing wheels
Riptape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 9:10 pm

Idk if its ok to post here but does anyone happen to know of any fairly priced companies that make plain white decks around 33-34mm that ship to UK wanna get my hand on one, TIA or if not ill delete if its not cool to post this here
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

32mm brtz with level ups
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 10:45 pm

riptape. wrote:
alexander wrote:
riptape. wrote:
alexander wrote:
riptape. wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:
alexander wrote:

highly doubt that buddy.

lolol

haha yeah sit down with your sippy cup and relax kid, probably alot older than you are to haha, not to be rude or anything, but it doesnt take a month to ship something, iv sent packages to australia from canada and it only took 5 days, dont believe me ask bryanH, and he probably used the shittest shipping method, it was $6 for shipping, i would have paid the extra $10 to have it to my house in a week but there was no option, its honestly so annoying waiting over a month for something to come in the mail, its alittle over board, and yes i work in customer service and people piss me off lol
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

Setup : Setup #1
[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptySun May 29, 2016 8:29 am

Mike1West wrote:
Idk if its ok to post here but does anyone happen to know of any fairly priced companies that make plain white decks around 33-34mm that ship to UK wanna get my hand on one, TIA or if not ill delete if its not cool to post this here
I would suggest trying Besour out...they do AWESOME customs and I am certain they will ship to the UK.
http://www.besour.com/

Alternatively, try contacting a company that does a shape/design you like and ask them to make you a custom white deck...chances are if they dont already stock that color/size they will make you one (- custom orders are a fairly common practice in the fingerboard community) afro

Hope this helps out a bit dude.

- Jono

Back to top Go down
Mike1West
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Mike1West

Setup : DK logo deck 33.5mm
Custom silver trucks
White bearing wheels
Riptape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 10:11 pm

My last question I promise anyway this has probably been asked before but anyone know of any tdlb's in the UK and where to buy saw one place that sells them in the UK but gets them from USA and looks a bit dodgy tbh
Back to top Go down
Estevan Rivera
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Estevan Rivera

Companies : NPR Crete
Setup : Homewood Mid Shape
BRT 32mm
Joycult Wheels
Level Up "Beta Bushings"
FBS Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 4:14 am

you can find them on ebay and amazon
Back to top Go down
fokkusu
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
fokkusu

Setup : BW Wide, BRT's, Oak RV2's, Rip
Piratenholz OR Ambt, BRT's, Oak Bowls, FBS

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 12:10 pm

Mike1West wrote:
My last question I promise anyway this has probably been asked before but anyone know of any tdlb's in the UK and where to buy saw one place that sells them in the UK but gets them from USA and looks a bit dodgy tbh

Not TDLB's but these guys sell some cheap trucks and are UK based.
http://www.fingerboardsuk.com/category/trucks
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 8:23 pm

Mike1West wrote:
its hard to find TDLB trucks in stores in the UK, lots of places (like tesco for example) just stopped stockin tech decks a couple of years ago

you mite be lucky to find some in a big TOYS R US store, and i have found sum in a store called TK max about a year ago

your best bet is too get sum off amazon or ebay or just save up an get sum Y trucks

i would never recommend supportin fingerboardsUK they just mass buy chinese crap an sell em on making a huge profit, without ever contributing anything to the fingerboard scene, they totally suck

the only legit uk fingerboard distribution is thenorwoodproject
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

32mm brtz with level ups
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 4:16 pm

does anyone know how i can clean the outside of my oak wheels? i got abunch of black crap on them from shreddin in my buddys shead and now they dont roll smooth on my desk, i usually scrape the stuff off with a razor blade, but its becoming abit of a pain in the neck lol, so i was wondering if there was an easier way of doing this lol
thanks afro
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 4:30 pm

movin-like-burnie wrote:
does anyone know how i can clean the outside of my oak wheels? i got abunch of black crap on them from shreddin in my buddys shead and now they dont roll smooth on my desk, i usually scrape the stuff off with a razor blade, but its becoming abit of a pain in the neck lol, so i was wondering if there was an easier way of doing this lol
thanks afro

Have you tried just rubbing your wheels in a circular motion against a sheet of clean paper? Most people swear by that method. Sometimes I use a little bit of water to rub off the dirt and other stuff on the urethane TDLB wheels.
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

32mm brtz with level ups
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 7:33 pm

skatemaster231 wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:
thanks afro

Have you tried just rubbing your wheels  in a circular motion against a sheet of clean paper? Most people swear by that method. Sometimes I use a little bit of water to rub off the dirt and other stuff on the urethane TDLB wheels.

no i havent heard of that, will try it right now!! thanks man!! afro afro cheers cheers

EDIT:: this actually works insanely well, thanks for the tip!!
So little offort needed to clean em
Back to top Go down
Estevan Rivera
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Estevan Rivera

Companies : NPR Crete
Setup : Homewood Mid Shape
BRT 32mm
Joycult Wheels
Level Up "Beta Bushings"
FBS Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 4:13 am

Paper works great, you can also roll your wheels on tape
Back to top Go down
Jon E.
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Jon E.

Setup : Flatface G15 Deck - Blank Wood Bottom Ply
Blackriver Trucks Yellow Base Plates 32mm
Oak Wheels White Spirals
Flatface Team Bushings
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 4:25 am

movin-like-burnie wrote:
thanks afro

Hey man, I'm currently in BC, Canada and just ordered some Oaks from the Oak Wheels site on the 12th.

What was the estimated time for them to arrive? A little over a month?
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

32mm brtz with level ups
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 4:51 am

Jon E. wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:
thanks afro

Hey man, I'm currently in BC, Canada and just ordered some Oaks from the Oak Wheels site on the 12th.

Shoulda orderd from flatface yoh
But yeah, its 7 days to get your confirmation email, then it was like another 30 days before my wheels came in
Back to top Go down
Jon E.
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Jon E.

Setup : Flatface G15 Deck - Blank Wood Bottom Ply
Blackriver Trucks Yellow Base Plates 32mm
Oak Wheels White Spirals
Flatface Team Bushings
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 5:11 am

movin-like-burnie wrote:
Jon E. wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:
thanks afro

But yeah, its 7 days to get your confirmation email, then it was like another 30 days before my wheels came in

Alright, thanks for the info on the times.

I ordered them, and a day after that Flatface restocked. Oh well.

I get it though, doing everything he does to run Oak Wheels is a lot of work. As long as they arrive eventually i'm happy.
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

32mm brtz with level ups
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 5:58 pm

Jon E. wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:
Jon E. wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:
thanks afro

Alright, thanks for the info on the times.

I ordered them, and a day after that Flatface restocked. Oh well.

I get it though, doing everything he does to run Oak Wheels is a lot of work. As long as they arrive eventually i'm happy.

Aha shit thats brutal man, i wish i would have gotten mine threw flatface, probably woulda came in alot quicker.

I'm impatient when it comes to waiting for stuff to come in the mail sometimes lol

but yeah no problem man, and yeah i wouldnt doubt it,
Back to top Go down
cameronuu
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 9:32 am

do the flatface BRR edition wheels have any wobble/problems on TD longboard trucks? Can you still buy TDLB trucks in stores in the US?
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

32mm brtz with level ups
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 10:27 pm

is the coloured grip that you can get from brutal and other little companys the sameshit that comes from the local skateshop? looking to do alittle patch of grip in my tape, i just dont wanna over pay and wait like 2 weeks for something i can go take a 10 minute drive and get?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Companies : Witness. Fingerboards
Setup : Witness. 32mm
BRT Wides w/Beta Bushings
Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 10:34 pm

I always assumed so
Back to top Go down
http://witnessfingerboards.bigcartel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next