Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHow to: Fix your stripped baseplates! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to: Fix your stripped baseplates!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

How to: Fix your stripped baseplates! Empty
PostSubject: How to: Fix your stripped baseplates!   How to: Fix your stripped baseplates! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:57 am

I have helped myself, and a couple of other people with this before, so I thought I would make a tutorial so no one would ever have to buy another set of expensive baseplates ever again.

What you will need:
stripped protruck baseplates (BRT, Ytrucks, Woody Woodfvcker...)
calculator(2)

Unscrew the screws from the back of any standard calculator. (Preferably the ones that some construction companies or banks or other businesses hand out as advertisement)

Take your whole truck, and screw the calculator screw in slowly, and make sure it goes all the way through the baseplate (until it isn't possibly possible that you can tighten it in anymore) Do this with all screws on both baseplates, or all the wholes that are stripped.

After you have this done, go through and tighten and loosen the screws back and forth quickly about ten times. (you don't have to fully loosen or tighten it while doing this) This will make it easier to tighten the screws into the baseplate when you put the trucks on your board.

When you have done this, you should be able to use the screws as regular truck mounting screws on any deck!

The screws are a bit thicker than even BRT screws, so they will go through and re-thread the baseplate holes. The trucks should be like new again happy

Hope this helps someone very happy

If anyone has any tips on how I can refine this How-To, please leave a comment. If it didn't work, tell me, and I'll try and find a better solution(?) lol
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: How to: Fix your stripped baseplates!   How to: Fix your stripped baseplates! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:21 am

what also works - put the truck on the deck just lying there, drop a dab of superglue in the hole, screw in and hold it for like 5-10 minutes until its set, then it sort of forms a new thread.
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: How to: Fix your stripped baseplates!   How to: Fix your stripped baseplates! EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:01 pm

^Yeah that's a good method I've done that
Back to top Go down
montedvd
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: How to: Fix your stripped baseplates!   How to: Fix your stripped baseplates! EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Thanks, the calculator screws method worked for me happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to: Fix your stripped baseplates!   How to: Fix your stripped baseplates! Empty

Back to top Go down

How to: Fix your stripped baseplates!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1