Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHelp Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE. - Page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE.   Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:15 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:
I completely forgot about the entry fee, aha, but I just meant that if you ended up with tons of kids who have never even seen a fingerboard, what would they do? They won't know the names or values of products, they won't know where/who to buy from, and they probably won't be confident to ask some people? Just seems like you'd have a few kids floating around doing nothing shocked
Surely a championship would be people who want to actually compete for the prize? Seems like some sort of exhibition would be more suited to getting the name out!
I understand that you want this to be a huge event, but there would be a major difference in turn out of people, and turn out of fingerboarders.

if they've never seen a fingerboard and aren't interested why would they bother paying and turning up? Just because flyers are there you seem to have this bizarre and entirely false idea that that'll draw LOADS of other people. it's just there for skateboarders who fingerboard but don't know about the scene.

it might be a championship but if the event runs 10-6 and the championship is only 2 hours, that's a LOT of time for people to chill, fingerboard, make friends, ask questions, and more. Plus there will be a raffle and product tosses.

And as Xi said, the scene can help the few new people that wander in through the doors - I'll also try get some banners printed and have tables with flyers and info on the UK fingerboarding scene so that people can always find out stuff like that. That's also a brilliant idea about trading Xi, I'll remember that.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE.   Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Will there be cake... ?

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE.   Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:59 pm

Well all I was doing is adding my opinion, but that's not a bizzare idea at all, I highly doubt that there's many fingerboarders in Bristol that haven't heard of the scene, flyers would just be a waste of money since there might only be a few people who will find interest. And to be honest, when your talking about getting flyers, a website, and getting the word out, it just sounds as though your wanting to get as many people as possible, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought that. Just seems a bit overdone to me.

I know your doing a lot for the scene, but the scene isn't about the quantity of fingerboarders, its about the quality of them that will give the scene recognition, and incase you haven't noticed, a lot of the respectable UK riders have left FBHQ because of the sheer amount of more immature members. For FBHQ, and the UK scene to progress, we don't need to flood as many members as possible, we just need respectable ones.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE.   Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:46 pm

sorry, bizarre was a mean word in that sense, my bad for my tonality there - might sound like an excuse but having your girlfriend move 1000 miles away isn't the nicest thing and I guess I've accidentally taken that out on people. sorry man, really sad

I didn't mean many flyers, but yea that's just a possible idea - might not happen. A website would simply be a basic blog explaining everything and subdomained off unite because I could make that from scratch in less than half a day.

I completely see your point there - but why are 'OG's the only ones who command respect? No disrespect to those people, and I get that they're amazing fingerboarders and it's a shame they're not soo active, but honestly I think this is still a nice place to be. What if people discover the scene and become new and respectable people in the scene themselves? There's more chance that there will be new respectable members if there's new members in rather than none at all.

End of the day though I'm really not trying to flood people in, just do the best I can. Simply because nothing has gone down on this scale before doesn't mean I'm trying to flood people, just making an event we can all enjoy. And the only people who wont are people who cant accept that events in the Uk aren't always gonna be a few people in a room - no doubt those are mega fun and I'll make all of them I can, but I think doing something like this is needed here too to help things grow. happy
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE.   Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE. - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:58 am

I don't think banners/fliers will be a huge investment. It's an efficient method to get the event noticed.

As Kerry said, there are skaters who fingerboard that don't know about the scene. In addition, there will also be scooters, BMXers, bladers, etc. who also visit skateshops and related shops/parks.

The fact that there is an entry fee should pretty much nullify any significant chance of "low quality" members.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE.   Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE. - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:53 pm

^basically that happy

look forward to my update after my meeting with the venue on monday! I'm really excited to be pushing this forward, especially after LW3 was a great time - we need more events and everyone I talked to was positive about coming and looking forward to it, so I'll be trying 200% to make this as good as I can make it happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE.   Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Help Make Crossed Fingers Happen UPDATE 2ND PAGE.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3