Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalThursday Thoughts #16 Discussion Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion   Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:25 pm

If anyone wants to discuss this:
http://www.unitefingerboarding.com/2012/09/thursday-thoughts-16.html

I'll try chime in as much as I can once I've had my tea happy
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion   Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:27 pm

yes public parks attract people into it, yw released a pic where some old folks passed by the park and got interested, that'll probably happen with teenagers kids and well even adults too, that'll just get fingerboarding even more accepted by the community and that's a real good thing
and yeah public spots are best ^^
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion   Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Definately one of the absolute coolest things i've seen in a while, it's too bad nothing like this could pop up aroun where I live.Hopefully it won't be wasted effort and people will actually use the parks for what they're made for and dumb kids wont try to mess it up, it only takes one person to mess it up for everyone.
Back to top Go down
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

Companies : S.O.D Money Gang
Setup : Ambt brts witchcrafts flatface

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion   Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:58 am

that would be an amazing idea especially in the U.S i have had tons of friends near me get into fingerboarding because we skate together. I think the problem is that some people are destructive and do not respect fingerboarding at all and could start problems but other than that i wish they would make parks and sculptures locally in towns where fingerboarding is big.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion   Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:14 am

It would be awesome to see that happen but before this may become a widespread feature, we need more basic parks at indoor skateparks funded with regular income or grants.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion   Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:30 am

All this would be possible if people weren't close-minded idiots. You know, the kind that comment on Mike Scheider's Redbull welcomes video saying, "This is a joke, right?" or "What the fuck did I just watch?"

People don't respect fingerboarding because all they see is a toy, and not a mini skateboard.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion   Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 7:52 am

valid points everyone, I agree mainly. I think xi sums it up, once we spread this to skateparks indoors we can eventually spread it to a much larger demographic and into the public domain happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion   Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Thursday Thoughts #16 Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1